[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

6-22: Frolunda GM Fredrik Sjostrom Talks Rasmus Dahlin on WGR (8:35)

Let's get #DialedInOnDahlin one more time before the #Sabres take to the podium tonight in Dallas! @frolunda_hc general manager Fredrik Sjostrom joins Howard and Jeremy next on WGR!

Sjostrom - First time I saw Dahlin, I was looking at the kids who were a year older than him on his local team. However, you could see his hockey sense, his poise with the puck, and it stuck out to us immediately. #Sabres

Sjostrom - He just wants to play hockey, wants to compete. All of the other stuff doesn't get to Dahlin. He has handled everything surrounding his hype so well. I think he'll handle his expectations well in the NHL as well. #Sabres

Sjostrom - Dahlin is ultra-competitive. He sets the tone, he's aggressive, and he just wants to win every battle. He's tough on himself and sets a high standard for himself. He has the skill and talent, but his competitiveness will take him to the next level. #Sabres

Sjostrom - Dahlin has grown a lot in his two years in the SHL. There's still that kid side in him, but he's learned to be a professional already. #Sabres

Sjostrom - I think #Sabres fans should be excited about Victor Olofsson. He has one of the most elite shots I've ever seen. You surround him with some good players, he can be a very good goal scorers. He can fire the puck. #Sabres

Fly Robin fly.  So long Lehner.

From jw:

The Sabres are moving on from Robin Lehner after the goalie failed to establish himself as a starter during three seasons, capped by Buffalo’s last-place finish this past year.

General manager Jason Botterill announced Friday the Sabres will not extend Lehner a one-year qualifying offer of about $4 million to retain his rights as a restricted free agent. The decision means Lehner will become free to sign with any team once the NHL’s free agency period opens on July 1.

6-22: Jason Botterill with The Instigators on WGR (9:00)

#Sabres general manager Jason Botterill joins @TheInstigators right now on WGR!

Botterill - it's an exciting day for our organization. There's still a lot of work to do moving forward to improve our roster, but right now we're celebrating. #Sabres

Botterill - In the salary cap world, finding perfect fits for trades is a bit more difficult. #Sabres

Botterill - His skating, his vision, and his skill stands out with Dahlin. He's confident in his game, but very humble. You're blown away by his hockey sense. For him to do that as a 17-year old is very impressive. #Sabres

Botterill - we've talked to Sam Reinhart's agent, but we haven't gotten into details of a new contract yet. He had a great second half to his season last year. #Sabres

Botterill - Goaltending is always such a key point to our game. It's difficult to assess goalies, but we did take Luukkonen last year. We're also excited about Ullmark moving forward here. We're looking at all options on adding a goalie. #Sabres

Botterill - we're talking to teams about trading for a goalie, but we're also looking ahead to next week with free agency. #Sabres

7 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I have to admit that I was a little nervous that Buffalo might "Sabre" it up and pick someone other than Dahlin. Whew!

Lol. Yeah I knew damn well it was Dahlin but I still got nervous for a split second. 

Oh, and then just as the bottom of the screen says "pick is in", that "trade alert" graphic pops up right next to it. I knew it couldn't be a trade for the #1 pick since it was in already, but it still caught me off guard for a brief second. 

lol.  Buffalo fandom.... 

14 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I have to admit that I was a little nervous that Buffalo might "Sabre" it up and pick someone other than Dahlin. Whew!

The pick of Dahlin was more sure than death and taxes. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Lol. Yeah I knew damn well it was Dahlin but I still got nervous for a split second. 

Oh, and then just as the bottom of the screen says "pick is in", that "trade alert" graphic pops up right next to it. I knew it couldn't be a trade for the #1 pick since it was in already, but it still caught me off guard for a brief second. 

lol.  Buffalo fandom.... 

I woke up in cold sweats last night because i dreamt they took someone else. We are so beaten down as a fan base!

welcome rasmus!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Josh Allen is really growing on me more and more

• Like (+1) 4