[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

59 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Time for the Sabres to bring back the royal blue. We're about to be really good and I need a new hockey sweater.

My guess is that they’ll announce they are going back to royal blue for the 2020 season (their 50th anniversary season). 

I think Ted Black kind of hinted at it (years back, before he was fired). 

I know they have something planned for that season, and it would definitely make sense if they went back to the royal blue as a nod to their heritage. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Always hated the look of those uniforms, despite that they seem to be widely liked.

I've never been a fan of blue, white, and gold.  It's a cheesy look IMO.

When we went to black it was a big improvement, minus the goat head.

That color scheme with a great logo would have been great. 

I'm glad the best team this organization ever iced was wearing black though.  (2006).

It's navy.  Now the Chicago Bears navy blue always looked black to me.  The Sabres navy, not a chance.

I always liked the navy, but warming up more to the royal.  Just don't like the big gold borders around the name plates.

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

@JohnC , as I said not giddy now..but 9 days from now give me 5 points out of those 4 games and I will be!!!

I am with the smart guy on here, @K-9 , Scandella is cooked. By all accounts, Pilut is ready and has adjusted to NA game....lets go! 

Scandella can be a mentor/7th...

I sold my soul yesterday.  I stopped following after 3-1 with 7 minutes left.  I said: "I will be there if they pull this game out."  Sucker bet, right?  

Now... I can't talk cross about them.  Watch the b*stards make me pay!  Pay dearly!

/smh

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's navy.  Now the Chicago Bears navy blue always looked black to me.  The Sabres navy, not a chance.

I thought the Bears were black until a few years ago.  When looking for a suit with my sister last year,  I mentioned that the Bears are blue, not black - and she was shocked that that could be true. 

59 minutes ago, bbb said:

I thought the Bears were black until a few years ago.  When looking for a suit with my sister last year,  I mentioned that the Bears are blue, not black - and she was shocked that that could be true. 

Yep!!! I called it black to a guy @ work... He was stunned.  Then I put two and two together that Illinois Fighting Illini are orange and blue and were the inspiration for the Bears colors... But man, does their blue look black to me!

Only way I can tell (on TV) is if I look very close at the helmets.

It was a current revelation with me too!

Oh... Females have super color detecting eyes.  Or @ least some out there may... But we may never know.  Read this article first, I bookmarked it from 2012:

http://discovermagazine.com/2012/jul-aug/06-humans-with-super-human-vision

Then read this next!  Last year they "found" a woman in the UK with an extra cone in her eyes...

They finally found such woman after years of searching:

https://futurism.com/uk-woman-extra-cone-cell-her-eyes-can-see-more-colors

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

@JohnC , as I said not giddy now..but 9 days from now give me 5 points out of those 4 games and I will be!!!

I am with the smart guy on here, @K-9 , Scandella is cooked. By all accounts, Pilut is ready and has adjusted to NA game....lets go! 

Scandella can be a mentor/7th...

Scandella is at best a third pairing defenseman. Right now he is serving as a useful/acceptable partner to the more accomplished but injury prone Bogo. You go with what you got for the simple reason that there is presently no other choice. If a defenseman in Rochester is ready to make the jump then I'm all for it. Botterill has stated on WGR how he likes to handle prospects. His preference is to keep them on the farm until they are ready to play and then get them established in the big boy league. He elaborated that he doesn't like young players going back and forth. He believes that it hinders their development and that it creates instability with the AHL franchise. 

Whether the Sabres get the designated points you are hoping for or not I'm not getting too high or low. The vicissitudes of the roller coaster season require an equanimity towards both successes and failures. Trust me, we will have winning stretches where one is prone to get too high. Then it will be followed by losing stretches where one is prone to get too low. Go with the flow and keep your composure. It will be less stressful. :)

I can tell you this regarding navy blue and black......if one has dress pants, multiple, in both colors, as I do, it can be challenging getting dressed in the morning.

Royal blue and gold, please.

Also bring back the logo on the shoulder.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, bbb said:

Reminds me of that old Marcus & Pincus joke.

Edited by snafu
  • Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

A Sabres and Bills win in consecutive days! 

Makes for a much more enjoyable weekend. 

Howard Simon and Jeremy White  on WGR should be a little bit more upbeat on their show on football Monday. They were really getting down on the Bills with little to say about them. It seems they were more rejuvenated talking about hockey. 

49 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Howard Simon and Jeremy White  on WGR should be a little bit more upbeat on their show on football Monday. They were really getting down on the Bills with little to say about them. It seems they were more rejuvenated talking about hockey. 

I think that's been the case for most people in Western New York, not just Howard and Jeremy lol.

20 minutes ago, eball said:

Big game Tuesday night  -- NBCSN and a national broadcast team.  Good chance to show the league what's cooking!

Yep. And vs. a team we are chasing in the standings. These games earlier in the season really matter and they have to play with a sense of urgency. That can be hard to impart to a younger player who might think it's a long season and we have time to get it done. The good teams bank these points early in the season and if the Sabres really want to convince themselves they've taken a step forward, this is a game they need to win.