[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

What an addition Skinner is. He not only has sparked this team but he has elevated it. 

This loose barn burning style of game for the Sabres is very entertaining but it's not the type of style of play that is going to get this team anywhere meaningful. 

The goal tending is this game was less than mediocre. Carey Price is not what he once was. He looked very pedestrian in this game. 

As so many here and commentators have said there is a big need for secondary scoring. We got it in this game. 

Observation: Slowly but steadily Mittlestadt is getting better and playing with more confidence. 

The Sabres needed a win and they got it. The longer this team stays in the hunt for a playoff spot the more confidence it will get. The Buffalo fans deserve a good playoff run. This is not a complete team but it is an entertaining team. The GM did a terrific job in reshaping the roster in the offseason. He deserves a lot of credit. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres (8-6-2) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 17 vs. VAN at 1 PM ET on 11/10

8 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Change to Hutton in the third seemed to spark the team

I throughtvit was the wrong move, but maybe Housley does know a touch more bout hockey than me. 

What an awesome gAme. Thought Risto blew  it , then he wins it!!!

and @JohnC, are you the guy who can’t enjoy Christmas morning cause all the wrapping makes a mess on the floor?

I was exhausted just watching that game! 

Jack's face off move was amazing!  From the way he baited them into thinking he was going to draw the puck, to the slick move to sidestep the opponent, it was sweet.  the Montreal guy was still down for the face off when the puck went in the net.  You could tell they practice that, but Skinner was shocked it actually worked.

I was thinking they should pull Ullmark for Hutton after the second period, but didn't think they would do it.  Not necessarily for bad play, but because he has already faced 30+ shots at that point and I thought getting a fresh guy in there could be the difference.  It worked, so good move, but would have got a lot of heat if it went the other way.  But they also tightened up the D, giving up only 5 shots in the third!

Fun game, but it was ugly for the first two periods as far as the Sabres passing and defense.  A win is a win, GO SABRES!

Edited by ricojes

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I throughtvit was the wrong move, but maybe Housley does know a touch more bout hockey than me. 

What an awesome gAme. Thought Risto blew  it , then he wins it!!!

and @JohnC, are you the guy who can’t enjoy Christmas morning cause all the wrapping makes a mess on the floor?

You simply don't have me figured out. I have no problem with a mess as long as it is purposeful. In the long run being tidy is more productive than being sloppy.:)

The best game of the year for the Sabres was an away game against Anaheim. That was a big boy game played with a two way playoff style of game. If you want to go far do it right. I'm far from being a purist but a responsible game will get you far beyond where an irresponsible game will get you. :thumbsup:

37 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You simply don't have me figured out. I have no problem with a mess as long as it is purposeful. In the long run being tidy is more productive than being sloppy.:)

The best game of the year for the Sabres was an away game against Anaheim. That was a big boy game played with a two way playoff style of game. If you want to go far do it right. I'm far from being a purist but a responsible game will get you far beyond where an irresponsible game will get you. :thumbsup:

I ike messy and fun!!! I am Delta House..you are Omega...and the Delta dudes got more chicks!

Chicks dig goals, not defense!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I ike messy and fun!!! I am Delta House..you are Omega...and the Delta dudes got more chicks!

Chicks dig goals, not defense!!!!

Don't get caught up in your own hubris. Chicks also like one night stands and then move on to better long term prospects. :)

• Haha (+1) 2