[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

17 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Loved it!

Rewatch this play again and pay attention to Eichel's lower hand. He reverses it on the stick to feign as if he's going to draw the puck back and suck in the opposing Center. He then pokes the puck through his opponent's legs and makes the laser pass to Skinner with his hand STILL inverted.

Now that is an elite play. Wow.

• Thank you (+1) 1

time for my annual rant

Hockey is not meant to be played at 1:PM on freaking Saturday afternoon!!! I hate these afternoon games!!!

For gods sake, Saturday was Hockey NIGHT in Canada for a reason...the games are played at NIGHT!!!! It aint Hockey Afternoon!

Montreal game day after Thanksgiving at 4PM...WTF is that???(actually i am okay with that one lol)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

cut.jpg

Game Preview: 11/10/18 vs. Vancouver

GAME-DAY RESOURCES

Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

LAST GAME
Thursday, November 8
Buffalo 6 at Montreal 5 (OT)
Goals: Sobotka (2), Skinner (2), Sheary, Ristolainen
Goalie: Ullmark (27 saves/32 shots)/Hutton (5 saves/5 shots)
PP: 0/3; PK: 5/5; Shots: Montreal 37 – Buffalo 31

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 61)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 16 games
Scott Wilson (ankle, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 16 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/6: Activated F Sean Malone from IR; assigned Malone to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Nov. 13: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 16: Buffalo at Winnipeg, 8 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 17: Buffalo at Minnesota, 6 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 19: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 21: Philadelphia at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.

TODAY’S GAME
LIGHTNING at SABRES
  • This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Canucks this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Vancouver 4-0 in Vancouver on Jan. 25
  • Next meeting: Friday, Jan. 18 in Vancouver
  • The Sabres are 3-7-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Canucks; 6-4-0 at home
  • This is the 121st game all-time between Buffalo and Vancouver; Buffalo has a 49-52-19 series record.
  • The Sabres are 31-21-8 at home against the Canucks all-time.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

time for my annual rant

Hockey is not meant to be played at 1:PM on freaking Saturday afternoon!!! I hate these afternoon games!!!

For gods sake, Saturday was Hockey NIGHT in Canada for a reason...the games are played at NIGHT!!!! It aint Hockey Afternoon!

Montreal game day after Thanksgiving at 4PM...WTF is that???(actually i am okay with that one lol)

You have become a straitjacketed traditionalist. Loosen up and little and go with the flow. Fulminating about how great the good old days were when they were really not can be taxing. The rule book of What and When you are referring to doesn't exist. It is a figment of your tightly scripted imagination. :)

PS Chicks dig surprises. :thumbsup: 

• Haha (+1) 2

Projected Lineup

19 Jake McCabe - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
Marco Scandella - 4 Zach Bogosian 
82 Nathan Beaulieu - 26 Rasmus Dahlin

40 Carter Hutton 
35 Linus Ullmark

14 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

New Sabres Beat Writer for Buffalo News:

https://twitter.com/LLysowski

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lance-lysowski-baa08b28

I don't get linkedin lately.  It now says just about that I'm 3rd  with just about everybody.  Meaning I'm linked in to somebody they are or maybe two away.............But, it never says how anymore. 

For those who don't appreciate Reinhart as much as I do I say stand back and more carefully watch him play.  He has the hockey instincts and intelligence that are at an elite level. It's understandable that power players get the most attention. However, his exquisite passes such as the one to Skinner are a beauty to behold.

I predict that in the not to distant future K-9 and Plenzmd1 will be vying with each other to be the honorary president of the Sampson Reinhart fan club. :)

I didn't see the first period but I thought that Vancouver had the edge in play in this game. Hutton played well but gave up one goal that I thought was soft. A win is a win. It's fun to have a team in the playoff hunt. Last year, we were both the worst team and most boring team in the league. This year , we are a playoff competitive team and a fun team to watch. I'm hoping that Beane can have an offseason to match Botterill's! 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

For those who don't appreciate Reinhart as much as I do I say stand back and more carefully watch him play.  He has the hockey instincts and intelligence that are at an elite level. It's understandable that power players get the most attention. However, his exquisite passes such as the one to Skinner are a beauty to behold.

I predict that in the not to distant future K-9 and Plenzmd1 will be vying with each other to be the honorary president of the Sampson Reinhart fan club. :)

I didn't see the first period but I thought that Vancouver had the edge in play in this game. Hutton played well but gave up one goal that I thought was soft. A win is a win. It's fun to have a team in the playoff hunt. Last year, we were both the worst team and most boring team in the league. This year , we are a playoff competitive team and a fun team to watch. I'm hoping that Beane can have an offseason to match Botterill's! 

Yeah, you'd be correct.  Vancouver was the better team for 55 min.  But I'll take it!

23 minutes ago, JohnC said:

SR has had a couple good games in a row. It’s a start. He’s done that in the past before disappearing for long stretches. If he finds consistency in his game’, he can be a legit top six forward in this league. Plenz and I have never suggested otherwise. But I’ll believe he’s arrived when I see he’s arrived. He’s fooled me before. 

Regarding Hutton, his stellar play kept the game close while our D was getting its ass handed to it so I’ll forgive him for a couple bad goals allowed. 

Speaking of our D, we have issues on the back end. 

And unless Girgensons is injured, Housley cannot sit him. That fourth line has been very good for us this year, our best fourth line in I don’t know how long and it makes a difference, especially late in games. 

Question for the board: did they ever say what happened to Eichel? He didn’t look right.