RIP Anthony Bourdain

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

most of the mug shots for mass shooters taken in show them drugged up to their eyeballs with anti-D meds

So you can tell what kind of drugs someone is on (if any) based on a photo??  Note to self.  Never send row_33 a picture of Chef Jim

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That  is truly shocking...that can't be right, can it?

He might easily double that by dying, seriously. I’m still waiting for my backordered copy of Kitchen Confidential. All an artist has to do to make money is......die. How cruel! 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

He might easily double that by dying, seriously. I’m still waiting for my backordered copy of Kitchen Confidential. All an artist has to do to make money is......die. How cruel! 

Nah...something off here. Dude should have been making $3-5M a year last 10 years..no other kids..seem like clean so not going up his nose...something off here. 

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Nah...something off here. Dude should have been making $3-5M a year last 10 years..no other kids..seem like clean so not going up his nose...something off here. 

It DOES seem like something is off, but no idea what. Those sound like pretty specific numbers, so I wonder about  the source. Hell, Skip “Talentless”  Bayless makes $5.5 mil with a $4mil signing bonus. I don’t doubt Anthony was still into bad habits (he almost bragged about it in a weird way), but hard to blow that kind of cash. Even if it was blow, he’d have to add some serious gambling or something if this is true. And....it’s another addiction so who knows?  

Edited by Augie

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I’m not sure his pay (especially pre-cnn)... but I’m pretty sure he dug a hole his first 50 years, and even beyond having an ex wife and daughter, I’d guess he was anything but thrifty.

Edited by NoSaint

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

I thought he relapsed?

He clearly was drinking at will and “overtly hinted” at other stuff at times on camera. I wouldn’t doubt anything. Still, that should be a LOT of cash to burn through. Never underestimate an addict. 

33 minutes ago, Augie said:

Hendrix has been dead since 1970 and is still raking it in.  And that's after a 3-year career!

13 hours ago, Augie said:

You're welcome to borrow my copy.

13 hours ago, Augie said:

He clearly was drinking at will and “overtly hinted” at other stuff at times on camera. I wouldn’t doubt anything. Still, that should be a LOT of cash to burn through. Never underestimate an addict. 

I thought I heard something about going back on heroin.  Or being found with paraphernalia. 

Why does everyone think Bourdain should have been rich?  I doubt he ever made much working as a chef owning his own restaurant in NYC.

I guess he did a book deal, that should have helped, and lately he became a TV personality, but for how long, and how much does that gig on CNN pay?  

I do agree that 1.3 million or whatever seems low though..but how much more should he have had?

41 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Why does everyone think Bourdain should have been rich?  I doubt he ever made much working as a chef owning his own restaurant in NYC.

I guess he did a book deal, that should have helped, and lately he became a TV personality, but for how long, and how much does that gig on CNN pay?  

I do agree that 1.3 million or whatever seems low though..but how much more should he have had?

I don't think he ever owned a restuarant..but I may be wrong there. So no debt related to that.

That book alone I would have thought would have brought in a minimum of $1M to him

And I cant believe CNN was paying him any less than $1M a year to do his show...report said he had a mortgage for $1M, so that's not outrageous by any means.

I would have thought minimum $10M ...my only thought is dude had a serious gambling problem. I mean, I doubt he ever paid for a meal or a drink anywhere in the last 15 years.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I mean, I doubt he ever paid for a meal or a drink anywhere in the last 15 years.

Guy can't even defend himself and you're gonna call him a thief???

That's low, man.

This is an interview that Bourdain did about a year prior to his death.  It's about his views on money.  After reading it, it's even more odd to me that he only had $1.2 million.

https://www.wealthsimple.com/en-us/magazine/money-diary-anthony-bourdain

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1