RIP Anthony Bourdain

Man this sucks. I really enjoyed his shows and his book Kitchen Confidential. Very sad news. This one hurts. God damn, mental illness really needs to be front and center in the things that we as a country need to address.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1

When you have been around mental illness for a majority of your life you kind of can get a feel for it in other people at times.  For some reason, he fit that mold to me.  Can't put it into words, but I can remember having a sense that he fell into this bucket while watching his shows and, unfortunately, this is not shocking to me at all.  Such a shame. 

3 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

When you have been around mental illness for a majority of your life you kind of can get a feel for it in other people at times.  For some reason, he fit that mold to me.  Can't put it into words, but I can remember having a sense that he fell into this bucket while watching his shows and, unfortunately, this is not shocking to me at all.  Such a shame. 

I always had a little bit of that feeling with him too. You could just kinda tell that he had battles demons at some point. Always liked his work a lot. RIP

10 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

6 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I always had a little bit of that feeling with him too. You could just kinda tell that he had battles demons at some point. Always liked his work a lot. RIP

Unrepentant hedonism is often a dead giveaway, for whatever reason.