Shaw66 update

16 hours ago, 60’s Bills Fan said:

Talked to Shaw66-you guys were right-it wasn’t him! So now I don’t care what you call him! LOL ? 

WOW I sure stirred up a hornets nest for my first day-could’ve sworn I saw a few posts that confirmed it-oh well, I’ll try to tread a little lighter from now on. Gonna be fun

GO BILLS!

Who care who uses what user names?

4 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I am the real John Kidd.

I suspect you are Kidding.....

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Wait .... is your name Bob?  Do you live in St. Louis?  This can't really be you, can it?!?!

Be careful, I think it’s a trick! 

9 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

But, but it's supposed to be a Ford and a Gran Torino. Do you still set you points with a matchbook cover ?

Ah yes, plugs, points, rotor, distributor cap and wires.   The reliability and performance of today’s cars are fantastic but they looked cool in the 60s.  

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

Wait .... is your name Bob?  Do you live in St. Louis?  This can't really be you, can it?!?!

Yes to both.  Who are you? 

9 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I was there too.  

and what socks where you wearing ?

I am not sure i have ever seen the vertically striped socks. any one can link a picture i would be grateful .

7 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

I hate impostors 

can you forgive me ?

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I do have 10 career INTs (9 in a Bills uniform). I appreciate the respect. ??

I don’t think wearing a Bills jersey in the tailgate lot counts as “a Bills uniform”, but it may have been considered an “interception”. But kudos on being sober enough to hang on to those balls being chucked around! Probably early in the day..... just a guess. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Some people think it's evidence that I should be committed.  

well i saw no reason to repeat the phrase. but.
its not that bad  once you settle in

6 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I am the real John Kidd.

Is that what they tell you ?

Must be kinda peaceful state of mind though. ☺️

5 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Any of you old timers from the 60's, remember every Sunday paper (Courier or Bflo News - can't remember).

They had hand drawn pictures of a new Bill each week. I couldn't wait to see who would be featured each week.

I cut them out & saved them in a Bills scrap book. I was 6 years old for the Bills first AFL Championship.

Yes I remember that well. Must’ve been the Courier Express cause we didn’t get the Buffalo Evening News as it was called back then. I loved that too and felt the same way. Also cut them out and pinned them to my bedroom walls. Those were GREAT drawings! I was 9 years old for the ‘64 championship. Don’t know if you saw my post about having a 1965 original Super Duper championship photo-I’ve attached photo-Billy Shaw is back row, 3D from left. A helluva team that year too! Oops! Tried to upload from my photos and pop up said file was too big-anybody know how or where I can post it to share?

11 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I was there too.  

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I do have 10 career INTs (9 in a Bills uniform). I appreciate the respect. ??

?

10 minutes ago, 60’s Bills Fan said:

Yes I remember that well. Must’ve been the Courier Express cause we didn’t get the Buffalo Evening News as it was called back then. I loved that too and felt the same way. Also cut them out and pinned them to my bedroom walls. Those were GREAT drawings! I was 9 years old for the ‘64 championship. Don’t know if you saw my post about having a 1965 original Super Duper championship photo-I’ve attached photo-Billy Shaw is back row, 3D from left. A helluva team that year too! Oops! Tried to upload from my photos and pop up said file was too big-anybody know how or where I can post it to share?

I remember as a kid getting the “morning paper” as we left Braves games at night. A little confusing. The idea of the internet and newspapers going the way of the dinosaur might have been too much to comprehend. 

18 minutes ago, Roger Goodell said:

I think most fans are familiar with me.

Yes, but they have lost their voices from booing you. I’m sure you are proud. Think of watching the draft on TV next year, like the rest of us. 

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Yes, but they have lost their voices from booing you. I’m sure you are proud. Think of watching the draft on TV next year, like the rest of us. 

One of the highlights of my job is being able to greet the young players selected on draft night and welcome them into the NFL family.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Any of you old timers from the 60's, remember every Sunday paper (Courier or Bflo News - can't remember).

They had hand drawn pictures of a new Bill each week. I couldn't wait to see who would be featured each week.

I cut them out & saved them in a Bills scrap book. I was 6 years old for the Bills first AFL Championship.

Don't forget Coca - Cola Bottle Caps with Bills pictures! A family member worked at Creekside Bowling Alley and would bring me 30 - 40 bottle caps each week! Or the Super Duper pictures!

22 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

LOL, not even close.  Watched Lamonica spank the Bills.  I had to look up the score to remember.

Oakland Raiders - 48, Buffalo Bills - 6.

It was still fun just experiencing something like that.

Was at that game, painful!

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

Where were you 47 years and about 9 months ago?

According to the way back machine 47 year and 9 months ago puts me in Oct of 1970. 

It puts me in 7th grade in those nutty junior high years.  Seventh grade at Herbert Hoover Jr High in Town of Tonawanda. 

Could have been watching the first year of the Sabres in the Aud? 

Could have been watching the Buffalo Braves first NBA season?

Could have been watching another hopeless Bills team?