Bills 300 yard passing games

Pete

....ABILITY to count on the passing game for 300 yds or whatever it takes to be a viable offensive threat, especially downfield, is FAR more important than the number itself IMO....whether it is 200 yds or 500 yds, as long as the opposition takes the passing game seriously as an offensive threat is all that matters.....look at the Peyton versatility......take away long and he'll beat you underneath.......stack the box to negate RB's in passing game and double TE's in the middle and he'll smoke you long......we have not have had that type of threat since Kelly IMO....

3 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

That's a fair point. However, I would also like to point out that the Bills lost 20 games over the past three years with Tyrod Taylor as the starting QB. So, by this logic-- he had ample opportunities to rack up some "garbage time" yards. Yet, he still only broke through to the promised land one time... and it took him 5 quarters to do it.  

I think the disconnect here is that the "anti-300" crowd is using that metric in the context of "wins & losses" and the "300 yard games matter" crowd is using it in the limited context of "basic competence at the position". 

I get your point and can agree.  I would use different language than basic competence; I would probably say regularly achieving 300 yards would be good QB play rather than basic competence.  

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I appreciate grammar nazi's.  You are a dying breed.  I need you to start proofreading my emails and reports

Please don't call me a nazi.

I didn't even see your mistake.  I was more mocking you on the 65 yards thing again.

EJ threw for 298 and 296.  Our passing attack has been below league average but certain numbers are sort of random.

But at least the Bills didn’t picked a qb who only had 2 career 300 yard games against Garner Webb and UNLV. Oh wait. ?

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, Pete said:

12/24/16 Tyrod went for 329 against Miami.  Is it correct that before that the last 300 yard passer was JP Losman throwing for 340 against Texans 11/19/06?  I realized we have been horrible passing for a long time, but I didn't realize it was that big a draught.  Hopefully whenever Josh gets his shot, he can string together some 300 yard games and bring a new dimension to our offense

Yeah, we haven't had any prolific passers since Flutie, and even he wasn't fantastic in that respect (though he had a good amount of 300+ yard games).

On the other hand, if it weren't for that Tyrod game going into Overtime, he wouldn't have hit 300 yards even once. We'd be looking at 2006 since our last 300 yard passer...

On 6/7/2018 at 6:43 PM, Pete said:

12/24/16 Tyrod went for 329 against Miami.  Is it correct that before that the last 300 yard passer was JP Losman throwing for 340 against Texans 11/19/06?  I realized we have been horrible passing for a long time, but I didn't realize it was that big a draught.  Hopefully whenever Josh gets his shot, he can string together some 300 yard games and bring a new dimension to our offense

So did we end up winning  that game against Texans ? 

8 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Yeah, we haven't had any prolific passers since Flutie, and even he wasn't fantastic in that respect (though he had a good amount of 300+ yard games).

On the other hand, if it weren't for that Tyrod game going into Overtime, he wouldn't have hit 300 yards even once. We'd be looking at 2006 since our last 300 yard passer...

This simply is not true - the OP was off on 300 yard games as proven multiple times.

I cannot tell if the OP was just bad at research as it was a quick find or trolling people.

12 hours ago, BigDingus said:

No we have had as seen in multiple posts proving you live up to your login name. 

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

This simply is not true - the OP was off on 300 yard games as proven multiple times.

I cannot tell if the OP was just bad at research as it was a quick find or trolling people.

He is just a big Dungus

I agree with most here, but TT and Fitz are not the same player. TT isn’t a guy who carries his team to victory, but Fitz is a guy who can single handily lose a game. TT can beat mediocre teams, and carry his team to 8-8 and 9-7 seasons when the cards line up. Fitz will always do something to lose, no matter the circumstances. There’s a reason Fitz has never seen a playoff game. Neither are franchise QB’s, but hardly the same player imo. 

54 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Why even play Quarterback if you can't throw for 300 yards? 

Why strive for 300 yards when it's an achievement to surpass 200. 

Baby steps, baby steps.

Some day though!  

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

A def good passer of the ball

His heart wasnt in it though

Being a great qb is more then just how many passing yards

I still remember his victory cigars.  Guy was quite popular around here for a while.  It didn't last super long, but people definitely liked that guy.

2 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I agree with most here, but TT and Fitz are not the same player. TT isn’t a guy who carries his team to victory, but Fitz is a guy who can single handily lose a game. TT can beat mediocre teams, and carry his team to 8-8 and 9-7 seasons when the cards line up. Fitz will always do something to lose, no matter the circumstances. There’s a reason Fitz has never seen a playoff game. Neither are franchise QB’s, but hardly the same player imo. 

Not converting key first downs or scoring points also singlehandedly loses games. (See: Playoff game vs JAX)

Tyrod has lost many games for the Bills due to his lack of production. It's just not as obvious as a late INT. 

They are the same player: competent backups who can easily lose you a game. 

Edited by twoandfourteen

27 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Not converting key first downs or scoring points also singlehandedly loses games. (See: Playoff game vs JAX)

Tyrod has lost many games for the Bills due to his lack of production. It's just not as obvious as a late INT. 

Fair enough, but I disagree and I’m not a TT fan. TT often failed to make plays that could win games, but he didn’t give away games. Fitz makes plays that lose games which should already be won. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

27 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

I disagree

If your QB isnt making the plays but you are not turning the ball over you have a chance to still win the game

If your QB is turning the ball over you have NO chance to win the game.....and the stats for that bear that out...the team won the wrong side of the turnover ratio loses nearly every time.

• Like (+1) 1