Jump to content
26CornerBlitz

Bills' Mandatory Minicamp (June 12-14) - McDermott Presser at 11:30 AM Before Day 3 Practice at Noon

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

... 

 

effortless.

Edited by Foxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LESEAN MCCOY: "LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING A BIG YEAR" (14:12)
RB LeSean McCoy talks about taking the year ahead, taking the field for minicamp, quarterbacks, rookies and more.

 

AJ MCCARRON ON MINICAMP: "TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY" (3:13)
The Bills quarterback talks about getting timing down with the wide receivers, and his impressions of LeSean McCoy.

 

5 THINGS WE LEARNED FROM DAY 1 OF MINICAMP

benjamin-6-12-story.jpg


The passing game showed improved timing, McCoy is pretty pumped about the offense, Josh Allen is earning some more snaps and Shaq is making his presence felt.

 

BILLS MINUTE: MINICAMP BEGINS, ALLEN GETS REPS W/ 1'S (1:09)
The Bills began mandatory minicamp on Tuesday. QB Josh Allen got his first chance at some reps with the 1st team, but HC McDermott says Nate Peterman and AJ McCarron will continue to get the bulk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Sounds like all 3 QBs have had very good moments so far this year.

I take it as a good sign.  Keep it up guys!

 

Hopefully this is an early encouraging sign that Daboll has them in a position to succeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 observations from 2018 Buffalo Bills minicamp, Day One

ORCHARD PARK, NY (WKBW) - Things are getting real over at One Bills Drive. As the Buffalo Bills wrapped up the voluntary portion of the offseason last week, it was mandatory for the players to report to practice this week.

Tuesday marked the start of the annual three-day mandatory minicamp, the Bills' last hurrah before they break for six weeks ahead of training camp in late July. 

What stood out on the first day of practices? Seven observations from the day of work:

1) Josh Allen takes a step forward
2) Nathan Peterman shines again
3) Bills give more significant workload to Robert Foster
4) Groy ahead of Bodine again
5) Flip-flopping second-team offensive linemen
6) Dean Marlowe rising?
7) Ray-Ray McCloud shows some zip, but also shows some rookie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 things we learned from day one of Buffalo Bills minicamp
 
By Ryan Talbot | Contributing writer
 
The Buffalo Bills opened their three-day minicamp on Tuesday. Media members will be present for all three days of the minicamp. Following day one, here are seven things we learned.
 
Allen gets some work with the starters
Allen learns from mistake
McCoy has high praise for Allen
Peterman has a day
McDermott impressed with Odighizuwa
Robert Foster gets work alongside Kelvin Benjamin in 11-on-11 work
Milano dealing with hamstring injury
 

Nathan Peterman “dropping dimes”

Josh Allen works with ones

Receiver rotation

Injury update

One more thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

 

Hopefully this is an early encouraging sign that Daboll has them in a position to succeed.

I agree.

What seems to be going well is Daboll installing the offensive system.  To me that is the most important job right now.

Having all 3 doing well at QB can only be making it easier on all the players.

 

It was 6 seasons ago the last time Daboll was in the NFL OC seat.  I think he has learned a lot more since then.

Shady seems to really be liking the new system and with camp coming soon we should all see soon how it looks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still stick with my first guess.  Before preseason game 2 Allen is officially named the starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB Allen, WR Foster get first-team reps Tuesday

 
The Bills hit the field for the first of their mandatory three-day minicamp Tuesday, and the big story was quarterback Josh Allen finally getting a chance to play with the first-team offense in an 11-on-11 setting.  To this point, through ten OTAs, Allen had exclusively worked with the third-team.
 
Allen took a total of six snaps with the starting offense against the first unit defense, and all were passes.  After four shorter throws, he threw his signature pass of the day, rifling the ball about 15 yards downfield to Kelvin Benjamin, who was covered well.  But Allen put the ball in a spot where only the 6’ 5” Benjamin could get to it.  The wideout did just that, turning his body and climbing the ladder to haul it in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wppete said:

 

I think AJ has value. Cleveland traded a 2nd and 3rd rounder for AJ at the trade deadline but Cleveland messed up the paper work and dint go threw in time. 

folks forget he had a suitor, one that we know of.

1 hour ago, Juice_32 said:

 

Hopefully this is an early encouraging sign that Daboll has them in a position to succeed.

yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills running back McCoy shows no signs of slowing at 30

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — When he was much younger and brasher, LeSean McCoy recalled informing the league's older running backs of how he was going to one day chase them down in the record books.
 
A month shy of his 30th birthday, the Buffalo Bills veteran is suddenly beginning to realize how the tables have turned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second-year players stand out, rookies earn praise at Bills Minicamp

The Buffalo Bills opened their minicamp this Tuesday at One Bills Drive with a lot of jobs up for grabs. Let’s look at some of the highlights of the first day of practice:
 
Head coach Sean McDermott spoke to the media before the first practice and quickly confirmed that the rookie QB Josh Allen would receive some reps with the 1st team offense this week, despite continuing to work mostly with the third stringers. He also said it was “earned” by the young signal caller, and it was part of the plan for him. In his first opportunity with the starters, Allen went 4 of 6, completing short passes to Jeremy Kerley, Kaelin Clay, and Andre Holmes. He also completed a beautiful 15-yard touch pass to Kelvin Benjamin down the sideline, just before having a laser tipped by Micah Hyde and intercepted by fellow rookie Tremaine Edmunds. Allen’s eagerness to learn from his mistakes is very encouraging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bills running back McCoy shows no signs of slowing at 30

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — When he was much younger and brasher, LeSean McCoy recalled informing the league's older running backs of how he was going to one day chase them down in the record books.
 
A month shy of his 30th birthday, the Buffalo Bills veteran is suddenly beginning to realize how the tables have turned.

Love hearing Shady when he's in a real positive mood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Still stick with my first guess.  Before preseason game 2 Allen is officially named the starter.

Real glad the decision isnt yours. I don't want to see a rookie quarterback on the field until we're out of playoff contention,

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never know whether to feel happy or sad reading these reports. If the offense is struggling, I start worrying about the QB,  OL, WR etc. If the offense is clicking, I get worried about the defense.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NewEra said:

Wouldn’t be surprised in the least if Peterman was our starter.  He’s my choice to start the season.  Long ways to go, but it can’t be hard to beat out Aj McCarron and I don’t think McD wants Allen out there to start the season.  

 

Doubt it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

 

Doubt it

 

As I’m sure most people do.  I guess it has more to do with my confidence in Aj Mccarron, or lack thereof than it does with Peterman.  I think it’s best to give Allen a few weeks on the sideline, watching one of those guys prepare while getting adjusted to the speed and working on his technique.  Mccarron is the safer much play, I just don’t think he has any upside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wagon Circler said:

Real glad the decision isnt yours. I don't want to see a rookie quarterback on the field until we're out of playoff contention,

Even if he's the best QB on the team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6-13: Bills' OT Dion Dawkins with Jeremy White on WGR (9:41)

 

On with the #Shnow! @DDawkins66 joins Jeremy White next on WGR! Tune in:

 

Dawkins - it's never easy, Year 2 is definitely harder with a new offense. We're just taking things day-by-day. #Bills

 

Dawkins - Allen is a professional already. He's growing day-in and day-out, he's studying and wanting to get better. #Bills

 

Dawkins - We're becoming a closer knit family on offense. We're all becoming one, and we know more than just everyone's football life. We're going to play harder for each other. #Bills

 

Dawkins - When I heard Cordy Glenn got traded, I wasn't happy, but I learned how the business goes. You can never get too comfortable, get too complacent. I took it how I saw it, and I just had to be ready to play. #Bills

 

Dawkins - Glenn is still in connection with me, still a great mentor and the great guy that he is. #Bills

 

Dawkins - We are going to do whatever it takes to get our teammates to achieve their goals. We want to help get Shady to get to 12K and change. #Bills

 

Dawkins - Shady is a different cat, and I think he can play for a total of 16-17 years. Who knows... #Bills

 

Dawkins - Brian Daboll has the swagger and he wants to win. #Bills

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

6-13: Bills' OT Dion Dawkins with Jeremy White on WGR (9:41)

 

On with the #Shnow! @DDawkins66 joins Jeremy White next on WGR! Tune in:

 

Dawkins - it's never easy, Year 2 is definitely harder with a new offense. We're just taking things day-by-day. #Bills

 

Dawkins - Allen is a professional already. He's growing day-in and day-out, he's studying and wanting to get better. #Bills

 

Dawkins - We're becoming a closer knit family on offense. We're all becoming one, and we know more than just everyone's football life. We're going to play harder for each other. #Bills

 

Dawkins - When I heard Cordy Glenn got traded, I wasn't happy, but I learned how the business goes. You can never get too comfortable, get too complacent. I took it how I saw it, and I just had to be ready to play. #Bills

 

Dawkins - Glenn is still in connection with me, still a great mentor and the great guy that he is. #Bills

 

Dawkins - We are going to do whatever it takes to get our teammates to achieve their goals. We want to help get Shady to get to 12K and change. #Bills

 

Dawkins - Shady is a different cat, and I think he can play for a total of 16-17 years. Who knows... #Bills

 

Dawkins - Brian Daboll has the swagger and he wants to win. #Bills

 

I just listened to it--one thing that permeates this roster is that they all sounds like such great kids.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Anyone have a link to the Josh Allen presser from yesterday???

Edited by wppete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

 

Doubt it

you never know. some other team;s starter may go down and we get offered a ransom for a.j.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×