Bills' Mandatory Minicamp (June 12-14) - McDermott Presser at 11:30 AM Before Day 3 Practice at Noon

8 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Hopefully this is an early encouraging sign that Daboll has them in a position to succeed.

I agree.

What seems to be going well is Daboll installing the offensive system.  To me that is the most important job right now.

Having all 3 doing well at QB can only be making it easier on all the players.

It was 6 seasons ago the last time Daboll was in the NFL OC seat.  I think he has learned a lot more since then.

Shady seems to really be liking the new system and with camp coming soon we should all see soon how it looks. 

QB Allen, WR Foster get first-team reps Tuesday

The Bills hit the field for the first of their mandatory three-day minicamp Tuesday, and the big story was quarterback Josh Allen finally getting a chance to play with the first-team offense in an 11-on-11 setting.  To this point, through ten OTAs, Allen had exclusively worked with the third-team.

Allen took a total of six snaps with the starting offense against the first unit defense, and all were passes.  After four shorter throws, he threw his signature pass of the day, rifling the ball about 15 yards downfield to Kelvin Benjamin, who was covered well.  But Allen put the ball in a spot where only the 6’ 5” Benjamin could get to it.  The wideout did just that, turning his body and climbing the ladder to haul it in.

4 hours ago, wppete said:

I think AJ has value. Cleveland traded a 2nd and 3rd rounder for AJ at the trade deadline but Cleveland messed up the paper work and dint go threw in time. 

folks forget he had a suitor, one that we know of.

1 hour ago, Juice_32 said:

Hopefully this is an early encouraging sign that Daboll has them in a position to succeed.

yep

Bills running back McCoy shows no signs of slowing at 30

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — When he was much younger and brasher, LeSean McCoy recalled informing the league's older running backs of how he was going to one day chase them down in the record books.

A month shy of his 30th birthday, the Buffalo Bills veteran is suddenly beginning to realize how the tables have turned.

Second-year players stand out, rookies earn praise at Bills Minicamp

The Buffalo Bills opened their minicamp this Tuesday at One Bills Drive with a lot of jobs up for grabs. Let’s look at some of the highlights of the first day of practice:

Head coach Sean McDermott spoke to the media before the first practice and quickly confirmed that the rookie QB Josh Allen would receive some reps with the 1st team offense this week, despite continuing to work mostly with the third stringers. He also said it was “earned” by the young signal caller, and it was part of the plan for him. In his first opportunity with the starters, Allen went 4 of 6, completing short passes to Jeremy Kerley, Kaelin Clay, and Andre Holmes. He also completed a beautiful 15-yard touch pass to Kelvin Benjamin down the sideline, just before having a laser tipped by Micah Hyde and intercepted by fellow rookie Tremaine Edmunds. Allen’s eagerness to learn from his mistakes is very encouraging.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bills running back McCoy shows no signs of slowing at 30

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — When he was much younger and brasher, LeSean McCoy recalled informing the league's older running backs of how he was going to one day chase them down in the record books.

A month shy of his 30th birthday, the Buffalo Bills veteran is suddenly beginning to realize how the tables have turned.

Love hearing Shady when he's in a real positive mood

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Still stick with my first guess.  Before preseason game 2 Allen is officially named the starter.

Real glad the decision isnt yours. I don't want to see a rookie quarterback on the field until we're out of playoff contention,

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Doubt it

As I’m sure most people do.  I guess it has more to do with my confidence in Aj Mccarron, or lack thereof than it does with Peterman.  I think it’s best to give Allen a few weeks on the sideline, watching one of those guys prepare while getting adjusted to the speed and working on his technique.  Mccarron is the safer much play, I just don’t think he has any upside

6-13: Bills' OT Dion Dawkins with Jeremy White on WGR (9:41)

On with the #Shnow! @DDawkins66 joins Jeremy White next on WGR! Tune in:

Dawkins - it's never easy, Year 2 is definitely harder with a new offense. We're just taking things day-by-day. #Bills

Dawkins - Allen is a professional already. He's growing day-in and day-out, he's studying and wanting to get better. #Bills

Dawkins - We're becoming a closer knit family on offense. We're all becoming one, and we know more than just everyone's football life. We're going to play harder for each other. #Bills

Dawkins - When I heard Cordy Glenn got traded, I wasn't happy, but I learned how the business goes. You can never get too comfortable, get too complacent. I took it how I saw it, and I just had to be ready to play. #Bills

Dawkins - Glenn is still in connection with me, still a great mentor and the great guy that he is. #Bills

Dawkins - We are going to do whatever it takes to get our teammates to achieve their goals. We want to help get Shady to get to 12K and change. #Bills

Dawkins - Shady is a different cat, and I think he can play for a total of 16-17 years. Who knows... #Bills

Dawkins - Brian Daboll has the swagger and he wants to win. #Bills

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

6-13: Bills' OT Dion Dawkins with Jeremy White on WGR (9:41)

On with the #Shnow! @DDawkins66 joins Jeremy White next on WGR! Tune in:

Dawkins - it's never easy, Year 2 is definitely harder with a new offense. We're just taking things day-by-day. #Bills

Dawkins - Allen is a professional already. He's growing day-in and day-out, he's studying and wanting to get better. #Bills

Dawkins - We're becoming a closer knit family on offense. We're all becoming one, and we know more than just everyone's football life. We're going to play harder for each other. #Bills

Dawkins - When I heard Cordy Glenn got traded, I wasn't happy, but I learned how the business goes. You can never get too comfortable, get too complacent. I took it how I saw it, and I just had to be ready to play. #Bills

Dawkins - Glenn is still in connection with me, still a great mentor and the great guy that he is. #Bills

Dawkins - We are going to do whatever it takes to get our teammates to achieve their goals. We want to help get Shady to get to 12K and change. #Bills

Dawkins - Shady is a different cat, and I think he can play for a total of 16-17 years. Who knows... #Bills

Dawkins - Brian Daboll has the swagger and he wants to win. #Bills

I just listened to it--one thing that permeates this roster is that they all sounds like such great kids.

• Like (+1) 2