Bills' Mandatory Minicamp (June 12-14) - McDermott Presser at 11:30 AM Before Day 3 Practice at Noon

What to Watch for as 28 NFL Teams Open Minicamp

The last work before the NFL takes its proverbial summer break kicks off Tuesday for most teams.

Mandatory minicamps run from Tuesday to Thursday (June 12-14) for 28 NFL clubs.

Outside of workouts going from voluntary to mandatory, not much changes from Phase 3 of organized team activities. Practices remain pad-less. No live contact is allowed, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted. Teams can hold two practices per day for the three-day period, as long as the players' time on the field doesn't surpass a total of three-and-a-half hours per day, and the second session is a walkthrough.

Buffalo Bills: Will Josh Allen make strides toward wrestling away the starting gig? Thus far during OTAs open to the media, Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron have taken the reps with the starters. Coach Sean McDermott said he's open to giving Allen first-team reps, calling the situation "fluid." Will Allen earn those starter reps in minicamp or will the bazooka-armed rookie remain in backup mode heading into training camp?

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Foster doesn't seem like any old UFDA. He's been taking 1st team reps pretty consistently. I don't think that was true of former UDFA training camp stars. I'm starting to think he's a lock to make the team.

Long way to go, but he'll have a legitimate shot.

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

He threw a pick? Time to crawl into my basement and weep bitterly I guess.

No dont weep, join the mob! I have a brand new torch waiting to be lit for you!

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Haha (+1) 1