how is Josh Allen doing so far?

On 6/12/2018 at 5:05 PM, Zebrastripes said:

You said not quick which would be the opposite of quick

No, it also means AVERAGE....

QUICK

AVERAGE

SLOW

Josh Allen is AVERAGE on release time... but NOT QUICK because he goes all the way back with the ball and points the ball 180 degrees backwards before he brings it forward.

Just now, LaDexter said:

QUICK

AVERAGE

SLOW

Josh Allen is AVERAGE on release time... but NOT QUICK because he goes all the way back with the ball and points the ball 180 degrees backwards before he brings it forward.

Not here to argue the English language just to talk football.  Anyhow I showed you a picture of Brady that looks just like the one you posted of Allen.  Most everyone agrees Brady has a quick release.  John Brenkus broke down Allen's release time and his words were "on par with Brady" for his release time.  I get what your saying about turning the football and having a slow release.  Problem is that argument doesn't hold water with Allen.  He was fitted with all the equipment and tested for his release speed which was .38 seconds in case you were wondering.

4 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

QUICK

AVERAGE

SLOW

You measure quick by time, not distant. All the “experts” I hear from swear he’s super quick in his release....and they timed it. I won’t bother to go find exactly how fast he was timed, but I’m sure they didn’t time “distance”. 

2 hours ago, LaDexter said:

QUICK

AVERAGE

SLOW

The sport science or w/e it’s called with Dilfer and the geek disputes that arguement. They timed his release to be almost as fast as Aaron Rodgers and in the elite category.  Time is the measurement on quick, not distance.  Regardless if his arm goes back further, his arm moves faster than the others.  He gets rid of the ball faster than most.

5 hours ago, LaDexter said:

QUICK

AVERAGE

SLOW

Gets so interesting listening to ppl that don’t know a damn thing of what they are talking about

josh Allen’s upper body mechanics are near flawless he has lower body issues that affect accuracy

his release is very quick and he can flick the ball and the velocity is amazing

educate yourself

On 6/17/2018 at 8:43 PM, John from Riverside said:

josh Allen’s upper body mechanics are near flawless

Turning the ball around 180 degrees is not "flawless," not even close.  Many NFL teams try to teach QBs who have that motion to stop doing that and use Cardale's motion....

Notice in the top photo how LOW he goes in his windup, also something the NFL doesn't want.  His delivery is VERY FLAWED...  Many NFL edge rushers will swat the ball away from behind BECAUSE his delivery and windup are long and almost full "windmill."

Image result for josh allen

On 6/17/2018 at 2:56 PM, Augie said:

All the “experts” I hear

BAWK.....

Image result for parrot

Edited by LaDexter

On 6/9/2018 at 10:52 PM, Zerovotlz said:

***I am biased***  but being as objective as I can be here....

1.  I don't want to lose site of the actual thread topic.  This is a Josh Allen thread and about how he is doing.  The reports coming out all match up with his scouting report.  He has an incredible arm.  He is mobile.  He looks the part, and he is missing some throws.  He is behind the others learning the playbook because the others have been here longer but he is catching up....high wonderlic score would indicate he can learn fast.  This is ALL as advertised.....and he needs to SIT.  I've done some analysis of QB's who started in the super bowl over the past 20 years and I looked at the first 16 games each of them started.  The data in this case shows that sitting did not matter.  A guy who sat 3 years had the same QB rating as the guy who started from day one over the course of the their first 16 games.  It suggests that a super bowl starting caliber QB is going to be good wether he sits or not....and that the first 16 games of on field experiecne matter more than anything else.  ......in the case of Allen, I would say he is one of the few who WOULD BENEFIT from sitting.  His low completion pct playing at a small school, and the notion that he had a poor line and had to move around a lot suggests his reps in college were not very productive reps....in that he was often repeating plays where he had to run around etc and throw to less than decent targets....he isn't at a point where he would benefit by getting on an NFL field until he's had a TON of reps, in practice, with NFL level coaching, getting him prepared for the speed of the game, getting him used to the idea that he'll need to trust a pocket will be there and make reads to guys moving a lot faster.  He needs to sit at least a year for all of this to take hold.  Against the data, in this case...the exception is Josh Allen...there has never been such an obvious case for completely ruling a guy out of any plans to start for at least a year than this case with Allen.  For the benefit of your team and your future....root for him to SIT.

2.  Again...I am biased....and trying to be objective as I can....Mahomes is going to be a generational talent...you'll see it soon enough.  If you draw your opinions on box scores, you are missing A LOT.  Mahomes did have identifiable issues with his footwork, and he did make some glaringly poor throws in college.  It's why he didn't go first overall...he needed some work.  He got work.  .....I can post a ton on this etc...but this is a Bills forum...I understand where I am here....I hope Allen works out for the Bills...I am looking forward to seing how it plays out in time.  Lots of new QB talent coming into the leauge this past coupole seasons...very exciting times.

3.  If nothing else....let Peterman or McCaron take the beating for the first 8 games at least.  If you are honest about where the Bills roster is at this time, it isn't that great.  Especially on offense.  Let the kid sit...let the lesser guys take the pounding, and the wrath of the fans and media....then when he does get put into game action later on...the season will long be over, the team and fans will be ready to look at the remaining games to see what Allen can do and how he progresses...instead of looking at him as the guy who is going to save the franchise right now (he isn't ready!)  SIT. SIT. SIT.  Patience....and more paitience.  Keep your shiny toy in the box for a while....

Mahomes is a generational talent had me cracking up!!  You will be missing Alex Smith very soon!  

2 hours ago, LaDexter said:

Turning the ball around 180 degrees is not "flawless," not even close.  Many NFL teams try to teach QBs who have that motion to stop doing that and use Cardale's motion....

Notice in the top photo how LOW he goes in his windup, also something the NFL doesn't want.  His delivery is VERY FLAWED...  Many NFL edge rushers will swat the ball away from behind BECAUSE his delivery and windup are long and almost full "windmill."

BAWK.....

Image result for parrot

Still photos show NOTHING

Keep up with the weak arguement

Again, quick is measured in time. Distance in the motion is another matter. Measured with a stopwatch, apparently he’s very quick. I don’t care HOW he gets it out so quick. I very much DO care if he can get it where it needs to go. Time will tell. 

On 6/11/2018 at 3:38 PM, Albwan said:

I'm rapidly becoming disinterested in football, but i will be rooting for josh

to be good just because i know so many will be rooting hard against him.

Here's hoping for lots of triggering when josh throws multiple td's in one 

game.

Like who for example?

On 6/14/2018 at 12:30 PM, YoloinOhio said:

pass was high. He's gonna get somebody killed with passes like that :)

4 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

You know the funny thing is I have absolutely nothing against the Chiefs as long as we are not playing them.....

but

The Chiefs are really gambling with their chips all in on Mahommes......who has done nothing yet to show this kind of trust.  To me trading away a established veteran was bizarre......as your veteran QB was better then our veteran QB that we traded away for a 3rd.

Mahommes has a nice situation with those targets......I dont have that same confidence in your OL.....he didnt play under Center in college.....he didnt look great when he got his opportunites as a rookie.

We didnt feel it was the time to take a QB....I was very happy with getting Tre and punting to the next draft year where I felt the QB prospects were better.

If Mahommes starts the year and does well.....and Josh Allen does not start the year I wont feel like we lost the trade one bit.   Different QBs....different situations.

Good luck to Patrick

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

You know the funny thing is I have absolutely nothing against the Chiefs as long as we are not playing them.....

but

The Chiefs are really gambling with their chips all in on Mahommes......who has done nothing yet to show this kind of trust.  To me trading away a established veteran was bizarre......as your veteran QB was better then our veteran QB that we traded away for a 3rd.

Mahommes has a nice situation with those targets......I dont have that same confidence in your OL.....he didnt play under Center in college.....he didnt look great when he got his opportunites as a rookie.

We didnt feel it was the time to take a QB....I was very happy with getting Tre and punting to the next draft year where I felt the QB prospects were better.

If Mahommes starts the year and does well.....and Josh Allen does not start the year I wont feel like we lost the trade one bit.   Different QBs....different situations.

Good luck to Patrick

You didn't click on the link and read the article, that is full of plenty of video breakdown...detaling why they traded smith and why all the hype.

1 minute ago, Zerovotlz said:

You didn't click on the link and read the article, that is full of plenty of video breakdown...detaling why they traded smith and why all the hype.

I absolutely did

And

I absolutely dont care

You traded away a good veteran QB and pushed all in on a player that has done NOTHING yet

None of that is disputable

• Like (+1) 1