how is Josh Allen doing so far?

48 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I am pretty sure the fella that moved to NFL Network (the Sports Science guy) -- along with Trent Dilfer -- indicated that Allen had a quick release on par with Brady. Now I don't know about throwing motion and how that is factored in or not. 

They timed his throwing motion, it was as fast as Aaron Rodgers, not Brady, I mean it might be Brady speed, but the guys on the show used Rodgers as a comp :)

• Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

Yeah, I am "making up" Allen's motion... and I PhotoShopped a pic to back it up...

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go read how a quality team acquires QB talent at the right price....

https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/nfl/article212840789.html

Josh Allen's release is not at all out of the ordinary for an NFL QB... but it is not a QUICK one... and your parroting doesn't even say it is...

So you're saying Tom Brady has a slow release too then because Allen's and Brady's are pretty much the same.

• Like (+1) 1

I couldn’t care less how Allen does in shorts.  It’s crazy that people talk about his improvement since the season ended. I’m sure Allen would dominate in flag football.  Can’t wait to see him against nfl competition.

i have serious doubts but I want him to show some flashes of those physical skills in camp.

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I couldn’t care less how Allen does in shorts.  It’s crazy that people talk about his improvement since the season ended. I’m sure Allen would dominate in flag football.  Can’t wait to see him against nfl competition.

i have serious doubts but I want him to show some flashes of those physical skills in camp.

Maybe we are ahead of the curve!  Is that where the NFL is headed?  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albwan said:

I'm rapidly becoming disinterested in football, but i will be rooting for josh

to be good just because i know so many will be rooting hard against him.

Here's hoping for lots of triggering when josh throws multiple td's in one 

game.

Who is going to be rooting against him the Peterman fan club ??  Many did not like the pick  

but im pretty sure everyone is on board by now , 

how can anyone claim to be a Bills fan if they’re rooting against the kid ??

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Putin said:

Who is going to be rooting against him the Peterman fan club ??  Many did not like the pick  

but im pretty sure everyone is on board by now , 

how can anyone claim to be a Bills fan if they’re rooting against the kid ??

cmon, the peterman fan club, that would never happen.

You know the fan club i'm talking about.

Funniest part of this whole thread is Chefs fan trying to pump up Mahomes by trashing the way Allen "turns the ball"...LOL...those Chefs fans are schitting bricks right now, praying Reid made the right decision to trade Smith.

Sport Science measured Allen's "load to release" at 0.38 seconds, on par with Brady.  Nice try, Chefs fan.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, LaDexter said:

Yeah, Marino had a very quick release.  The motion also dictates the quickness issue.  Byron Leftwich had a huge wind-up - took forever to get rid of the ball.  

Cardale has a very fast release.  Allen doesn't.

Whatever you are smoking, I want some. Lol.

On 6/10/2018 at 11:08 PM, Zerovotlz said:

GaryPinC is seeing what I am seeing.  

BB@Shooter....curious to know your thoughts on Allens development...should he sit?  should he play now?  What do you think about what you've seen and hear about him so far?

Submitted without further comment.

Zero....I saw Allen in person in 16 games or somewhere like that. And the rest on TV. I have seen every BYU qb come through the last 30 years. I saw both Carr's and Dilfer in person. I saw Dalton and Smith in person. In other words I have seen a lot off qb's in my years. That is just the tip of the iceberg.

I would like to see Allen play, but know that sitting him would be best. He is used to poor line play and below average receivers, so he can probably handle what is thrown at him. I would have loved to see Mahomes try and play at Wyoming, it would have been hysterical. People need to let it go until he is in pads, then you will see the leadership and toughness. The guy knows how to win. He put those Wyoming teams on his back and carried them. Old hat to him.

22 hours ago, Zebrastripes said:

So you're saying Tom Brady has a slow release too then because Allen's and Brady's are pretty much the same.

Somehow my points either didn't quite catch, or the reading comprehension skills here are really poor.

Any QB who throws with a full wind-up with the ball pointing 180 degrees the wrong way behind the head.... is doing a lot more motion than Marino, Culter, or Cardale... which explains why the release is not "quick" by NFL standards...

Find where I said his release was "slow" or apologize for lying....

Josh Allen doesn't have a quick release... he has an AVERAGE release...  there, can you understand that???

21 hours ago, Putin said:

A la  Jamarcus Russel 2.0 ?

JaMarcus took his $40 million and didn't lead, try, or even stay in shape.   

According to Rex, Cardale tried very hard here....

38 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

Somehow my points either didn't quite catch, or the reading comprehension skills here are really poor.

Any QB who throws with a full wind-up with the ball pointing 180 degrees the wrong way behind the head.... is doing a lot more motion than Marino, Culter, or Cardale... which explains why the release is not "quick" by NFL standards...

Find where I said his release was "slow" or apologize for lying....

Josh Allen doesn't have a quick release... he has an AVERAGE release...  there, can you understand that???

JaMarcus took his $40 million and didn't lead, try, or even stay in shape.   

According to Rex, Cardale tried very hard here....

Reading comprehension falls short on you.  Look up an antonym for quick.  You said not quick which would be the opposite of quick.  So before you want to slam someone else for reading comprehension maybe you should brush up on your own.  When it comes to the release motion Google Brady release images.  Brady has many images such as the one you showed of Allen.  There are plenty more of these Brady ones out there.

quick
kwik/
adjective
  1. 1.
    moving fast or doing something in a short time.
    antonyms:

slow

download (1).jpeg

Edited by Zebrastripes

2 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

Zero....I saw Allen in person in 16 games or somewhere like that. And the rest on TV. I have seen every BYU qb come through the last 30 years. I saw both Carr's and Dilfer in person. I saw Dalton and Smith in person. In other words I have seen a lot off qb's in my years. That is just the tip of the iceberg.

I would like to see Allen play, but know that sitting him would be best. He is used to poor line play and below average receivers, so he can probably handle what is thrown at him. I would have loved to see Mahomes try and play at Wyoming, it would have been hysterical. People need to let it go until he is in pads, then you will see the leadership and toughness. The guy knows how to win. He put those Wyoming teams on his back and carried them. Old hat to him.

Well...then we seem to be in agreement about Allen at least...I am strongly advocating that he sit for now....and I am not disagreeing with what you saw Allen do at Wyoming...it's why I think he should sit...that environment was not one conducive to training a QB up to make reads, throws from the pocket.  He has nothing but a history of low completion pct..so I don't know if he'll ever improve.....you'd think there'd be a pattern of progress there as most QB's display in college...but I digress...when you take a ton of reps and most of those reps are running around and trying to find open slow targets...that isn't good prep for the NFL....good prep is what he is getting now and he needs to repeat this and work on it on the practice field and in the classroom.   He has the tools that everyone wants..it's why he went in the top 10 of the draft...big arm, big body, athletic, mobile and smart..and by all accounts a good leader...everything you'd want...I'm not telling anyone here anything new...the scouting reports all say the same thing.....if he is ever going to be more than a great prototypical tools guy...he needs quality reps with quality coaching and players around him...his college experience did not provide him that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

Well...then we seem to be in agreement about Allen at least...I am strongly advocating that he sit for now....and I am not disagreeing with what you saw Allen do at Wyoming...it's why I think he should sit...that environment was not one conducive to training a QB up to make reads, throws from the pocket.  He has nothing but a history of low completion pct..so I don't know if he'll ever improve.....you'd think there'd be a pattern of progress there as most QB's display in college...but I digress...when you take a ton of reps and most of those reps are running around and trying to find open slow targets...that isn't good prep for the NFL....good prep is what he is getting now and he needs to repeat this and work on it on the practice field and in the classroom.   He has the tools that everyone wants..it's why he went in the top 10 of the draft...big arm, big body, athletic, mobile and smart..and by all accounts a good leader...everything you'd want...I'm not telling anyone here anything new...the scouting reports all say the same thing.....if he is ever going to be more than a great prototypical tools guy...he needs quality reps with quality coaching and players around him...his college experience did not provide him that.

You don't seem to have a clue about Allen and why his stats are the way they are. You are guessing about what was good and bad for him at Wyoming. First off he was in a run first offense. They ran on 1st and 2nd down religiously. That usually left him with a 3rd and long situation going against an 8 man front. And then comes the blitz. He didn't have time to throw deep unless he scrambled and extended the play. His OC was predictable, so no flow to the offense. All of this will put him ahead of other qbs because he has seen it all.

People like you read he had a low completion rate, you don't delve into why. Allens HC and OC had Wentz at NDSU, so they leaned on both qbs to manage clock and shorten the game. Let the Defense carry the water behind a running game. You have no clue about his receivers and their routes. The coaching staff didn't build the offense around Allen, they made him adapt to the offense and waited for him to bail them out. I am not going to get too deep into all of this because I have already done it in other posts. All you need to do is watch the 1st quarter  of his bowl game,  and the 2nd half of the senior bowl. That is vintage Allen. You underestimate him like so many others. He can sit or play, but I think he gives the Bills the best shot at winning if their D is fairly good.

• Like (+1) 6