• DL Adolphus Washington
    • DE Jerry Hughes
    • WR Andre Davis
    • TE Charles Clay
    • QB Nathan Peterman
    • LB Lorenzo Alexander
    • Other (write your choice below)

17 hours ago, Epstein's Mother said:

Not on the list but I'm gonna say Kelvin Benjamin.

Same here. The offense was different - just plain better - in those rare moments when a reasonably healthy Benjamin was on the field. He even made Nathan Peterman look o.k. in that snow game. And this is his contract season, which never hurts, particularly with guys who have a reputation for sometimes not staying in tip top shape.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

Zay had a shoulder injury all last season . Once his knee is 100% he should be good to go.

Via Vic Carruci of the Buffalo News, Bills coach Sean McDermott said Jones had undergone knee surgery, and would miss the rest of their offseason workouts.           May 24, 2018

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/24/bills-wideout-zay-jones-has-knee-surgery/

Good choices.  That is a disappointing group that needs to step up, with the exception of Lorax IMO.  The dude is a beast, as witnessed in Jacksonville playoff game.  He plays every special team play and excels.  And he was not used properly last season, and had zero help from front 4.   Lorax is one of my favorite Bills

The “ Legend “ of Peterman will start week 1 and lead us to 9-7 with a Wild Card victory.

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes of his rookie season, with the help of Daboll’s quick hitting scheme and a healthy Shady, he will pass for 3200 yards. 23 TDs passing to 8 Ints and 3 Rushing TDs, one of which is a 26 yards scamper up the middle.

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

<snip>  and 3 Rushing TDs, one of which is a 26 yards scamper up the middle.

Did he go to Spring Training for some sliding practice?

Edited by Uncle Joe

4 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

To be a "comeback player", you have to have "been there" before, so guys like Jones and Lawson shouldn't be an option (they would be "breakout" players).

Based on the necessary criteria, I'd say Benjamin on offense and Hughes on defense.

Spot on, that is what  a 'comeback' player is, someone who has performed at a high level and fallen off or got injured. Shaq, Peterman, Jones, Washington, etc would not qualify as they have never shown anything.

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

Spot on, that is what  a 'comeback' player is, someone who has performed at a high level and fallen off or got injured. Shaq, Peterman, Jones, Washington, etc would not qualify as they have never shown anything.

Maybe but a lot of that is semantics.  The gist of the thread is, which player do you think will exceed expectations from last season.

11 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Comeback player? 

Its usually reserved for the injured, no?  Or the guys who played horribly.   

That leaves 2 choices.   Nate and Zay.   Seeing how Nate will remain the backup one would say Zay, but after his wacado moment and new sergery I'm not so sure it will be him either.

under these criteria...how 'bout Rod Streater?

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I agree they fall under most improved player. 

Don't you have to show competence at the NFL level in order to be a comeback player?  I don't see how Zay Jones could be an option.  I'll go with Hughes as they got bigger at DT which should free Hughes up for more sacks.  Plus, he's well aware he could be a cap causality next year so there's money on the line for him.

On 6/8/2018 at 9:58 AM, ALF said:

Zay had a shoulder injury all last season . Once his knee is 100% he should be good to go.

Via Vic Carruci of the Buffalo News, Bills coach Sean McDermott said Jones had undergone knee surgery, and would miss the rest of their offseason workouts.           May 24, 2018

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/24/bills-wideout-zay-jones-has-knee-surgery/

IF he had a shoulder year all year then he should have been on injury report.

Until I hear from Bills (or NFL fining them) I will assume it was agent's speak for my client did not do a good job and please retain him.

Knee injury is probably Jones kneeling in praise to agent.