SI article predicts a 2-14 record

12 hours ago, 1st&ten said:

OMG----and something negative about the Bills----imagine that.!!!  Who cares what this guys think. We now have one of the younger teams in the league & fans see a concrete building plan by the coaches & GM. We have a tough schedule & it could be a tough year as far as win\losses----but were on the rise & will take control of the division & hopefully the AFC in the next couple of years. I think happy times are here again.

i think last year's schedule was much tougher and the tank talk came about because we weren't supposed to win squat. if we can somehow win 2 of the 1st 4 i think we'll be in good shape. i also think we'll be quite the subject going on a second half winning streak. i fully expect 10-6, possibly 11-5. other than the first 4 games and the 2 pats games, there's no one that we can't beat.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Wsam4031 said:

Its really hard to pay attention to any of the media anymore. National Media writing on the bills is always tough to read because they don't know anything about this team. Local guys are just negative about anything. I  tend to take everything these days with a grain of salt because most of them are morons

Yeah.  Only morons or Pats fans would question the ability of a team lacking an NFL caliber OL, WR and QB corps to win more than a few games in the same season.

31 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Yeah.  Only morons or Pats fans would question the ability of a team lacking an NFL caliber OL, WR and QB corps to win more than a few games in the same season.

You mean like last year?

17 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

He's a Carolina Panther fan.  A little bitter?

Jones, now 26, has realized that dream but in the journalism world of sports writing as he begins a new job as a national NFL writer with Sports Illustrated.

A part-time writer for The Gaston Gazette as an Ashbrook High and University of North Carolina student from 2005 to 2010, Jones had been one of the Carolina Panthers’ beat writers the past five years for The Charlotte Observer. He left the Charlotte paper this month for Sports Illustrated, the highest-selling sports magazine in the United States with a circulation of more than 3 million.

“It really was a no-brainer,” said Jones, a 2008 Ashbrook High graduate. “I love the Observer. Obviously, they gave me the opportunity out of college to cover a NFL team for a major newspaper. Not a lot of people would be afforded that opportunity and they believed in me. It’s been awesome, but this is another dream job.”

Jones leaves The Observer after writing “Super Cam: Cam Newton’s rise to Panthers greatness” with Observer colleagues Joe Person and Scott Fowler.

Knowing your source is a good thing to do.

17 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

SOMEBODY SAID SOMETHING!!!!!

Somebody?  I think you’re being generous. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

You mean like last year?

thank you! I guess this guy thinks that 2 wins this year is accurate. I think predicting 2 wins is completely ridiculous. We were a playoff team last year

23 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

He's a Carolina Panther fan.  A little bitter?

Jones, now 26, has realized that dream but in the journalism world of sports writing as he begins a new job as a national NFL writer with Sports Illustrated.

A part-time writer for The Gaston Gazette as an Ashbrook High and University of North Carolina student from 2005 to 2010, Jones had been one of the Carolina Panthers’ beat writers the past five years for The Charlotte Observer. He left the Charlotte paper this month for Sports Illustrated, the highest-selling sports magazine in the United States with a circulation of more than 3 million.

“It really was a no-brainer,” said Jones, a 2008 Ashbrook High graduate. “I love the Observer. Obviously, they gave me the opportunity out of college to cover a NFL team for a major newspaper. Not a lot of people would be afforded that opportunity and they believed in me. It’s been awesome, but this is another dream job.”

Jones leaves The Observer after writing “Super Cam: Cam Newton’s rise to Panthers greatness” with Observer colleagues Joe Person and Scott Fowler.

Knowing your source is a good thing to do.

In the words of the late great Warren Oates, "Annoying little @#$%sucker, isn't he?"

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/7/2018 at 3:40 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

3 moths out from the election. By November they said it would be close.

Not sure what coverage you watched, (and I don't mean to get political at all) but I watched ever major network all but assume Hillary would win right up until Trump started knocking down swing states. 

40 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Not sure what coverage you watched, (and I don't mean to get political at all) but I watched ever major network all but assume Hillary would win right up until Trump started knocking down swing states. 

Everyone I knew were pretty nervous. CNN and MSNBC were hedging. Polls showed it was too close to say Hillary would win. Maybe Fox News was different 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On 6/7/2018 at 11:21 AM, Happy Gilmore said:

Like a downtrodden stock, sentiment for the Bills is poor.  Winning will change this.

Let me guess - the Pats are picked to go 14-2, or somewhere near that.

Yeah it kinda goes with the territory of being lame for so long. I thought that making the playoffs last year would gave us a few point increase though. 

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, oldmanfan said:

Finally, how often has a team gone from playoffs to horrible?  You'd have to have major injuries like the Colts losing Manning. 

Often. It's happened a lot.

Even without injuries, it happens nearly every year. There's also been quite a few who have made it to the Super Bowl who fail to even make the playoffs the following year.

Also, Groy is significantly worse than Woods, Dawkins is serviceable but not as good as Glenn, and our best O-linemen was Incognito & he's gone. The other starters were bad, and the line last year was mediocre....even in run blocking.

It'd be insane not to think they'd be significantly worse this year, especially as injuries take their toll (as they do every season). Whatever QB we have behind center is in for a rocky ride, and since none have much of any starting NFL experience, expect them to have a hell of a time. Shady being 1 year older will probably mean we'll be seeing a lot more of a rotation in the run game, so it'd be hard for them to actually IMPROVE this year. At best, I hope they can maintain at least moderate success.

Edited by BigDingus

Utterly absurd.

The Bills went 9-7 last year with a new head coach.  They went 9-7 thanks to the strong play of their defense.  They leaned hard on the D and prayed the O put up enough points to win.  That defense has a year under their belt in this system and personnel changes have only made the unit stronger.  The crutch the team leaned on is all the stronger, yet we're somehow going to drop from 9 wins to 2?  Defense alone will win us at least four games this season, if not more.

I know the offense has people nervous and doubting, but let's be honest, the offense wasn't our strong suit anyway last season.

• Like (+1) 1

Why wouldn’t anyone predict a terrible year? We have a new starting QB, a new OC, a patchwork OL, and the bad news bears of receiving corps. Personally I like the direction of the team and the motivation of the coach. So I’m hopeful, but I don’t think it’s even a minor stretch for the media to not believe in the process like we do.

• Like (+1) 1

I just don’t see it. I could understand a few more losses then last year. However I think the D will be better and the O will depend on McCoy, just like last year. IF McCoy goes down I don’t think McCarron can win games without a strong rushing attack. I think Allen will be great but will be up and down when he starts.