Patriots' WR Julian Edelman Facing a Four-Game Suspension for PED Violation

15 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Well there would have to be circumstances. You cant be on it during regular season unless youre on IR .

Like if you are on the field you cant fail a test. Mandatory testing for all players. Blah blah blah, im sure the NFL could come up with something. 

Too many variables for me and it would just add another dimension to guys trying to cheat the system.  At least the way it is now is black and white.

25 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

This makes more sense, I can't see Edelman giving up a million dollars for that reason.  He is 32 and signed through next year.

Edelman will not be getting a big contract at 34 when he is a FA with the Pats* or anyone else.

With Amendola gone and Edelman sitting the first 4 games, Tommy boy has lost his "security blankets".  I hope that forces him

to stand behind that weaken offensive line longer!

Is it just me or does it seem that ever since the Malcolm Butler Super Bowl loss thing it's been one thing after another with the Pats*.

Here's hoping for a 9-7 NE season!

Does anyone still believe stuff like this?   Tom Brady's security blanket is that he is better than everyone else.   It isn't Edelman, it wasn't Amendola, Welker, Troy Brown, Randy Moss or Deion Branch.   This happens every off season, and it never ends up mattering during the regular season.   The only offseason issue that will ever matter is the one where Brady announces he is retiring. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

This makes more sense, I can't see Edelman giving up a million dollars for that reason.  He is 32 and signed through next year.

Edelman will not be getting a big contract at 34 when he is a FA with the Pats* or anyone else.

With Amendola gone and Edelman sitting the first 4 games, Tommy boy has lost his "security blankets".  I hope that forces him

to stand behind that weaken offensive line longer!

Is it just me or does it seem that ever since the Malcolm Butler Super Bowl loss thing it's been one thing after another with the Pats*.

Here's hoping for a 9-7 NE season!

He still has Gronk, White, Hogan

Plenty of targets to send to capable receivers

Quick! Smash your phone!

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

Okay now just waiting for news to break that Brady is getting suspended as well for PEDs. 

How dare you suggest that a QB in his 40's is juicing? I'm shocked, I say. SHOCKED!!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

24 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Does anyone still believe stuff like this?   Tom Brady's security blanket is that he is better than everyone else.   It isn't Edelman, it wasn't Amendola, Welker, Troy Brown, Randy Moss or Deion Branch.   This happens every off season, and it never ends up mattering during the regular season.   The only offseason issue that will ever matter is the one where Brady announces he is retiring. 

I said, "I hope that forces him to stand behind a weaken offensive line longer".

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

Honestly...as much as I hate the Pats....the guy tore his ACL and was out for the year. He should be allowed to recover with PEDS. 

Imagine if he didnt use them and his knee healed poorly and cost him another season. Careers are too short to not take the best option to recovery. 

Isn’t that kind of assuming PEDs will help him heal faster and better?  Maybe not necessarily so

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Isn’t that kind of assuming PEDs will help him heal faster and better?  Maybe not necessarily so

From what I know most players take PEDs to recover from injury. 

6 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

From what I know most players take PEDs to recover from injury. 

Welp, now.  What sounds better?  “I took PEDs to gain an illegal competitive advantage” or “I took PEDs because I’m just trying to return from injury and help my team?”

I have no doubt some athletes believe that taking PED will help them recover better from an injury, but especially when the injury is to a tendon or ligament, it’s actually possible taking anabolic steroids won’t help and might harm.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Welp, now.  What sounds better?  “I took PEDs to gain an illegal competitive advantage” or “I took PEDs because I’m just trying to return from injury and help my team?”

I have no doubt some athletes believe that taking PED will help them recover better from an injury, but especially when the injury is to a tendon or ligament, it’s actually possible taking anabolic steroids won’t help and might harm.

Im thinking more of the HGH side of banned substances. 

47 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Im thinking more of the HGH side of banned substances. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23636184

J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013 May 1;95(9):783-9. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.L.00222.
Human growth hormone may be detrimental when used to accelerate recovery from acute tendon-bone interface injuries.

CONCLUSIONS:

In this rat model of acute tendon-bone injury repair, daily subcutaneous postoperative human growth hormone treatment for fourteen days failed to demonstrate a significant difference in any biomechanical parameter compared with placebo. Furthermore, subcutaneous administration of 5 mg/kg of human growth hormone twice daily from seven days preoperatively until twenty-eight days postoperatively demonstrated lower loads to ultimate failure and a higher risk of bone fracture failure compared with placebo.

IOW, PEDs might be perceived by athletes as helping them recover, but if the argument is they should be allowed during injury recovery....perhaps it should first be demonstrated that they actually do help.

• Like (+1) 1

Huge surprise! Totally shocked! Probably ate a few burgers in Mexico when he did that lucha libre show with Amendola (who also couldn't possibly be on PEDs).

Edited by leonbus23