Terrell Owens Declined His Invitation to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

i was lucky enough to be at the induction of ralph and bruce smith.  it was such a fun time, and i always thought what a wonderful weekend it would be for the inductees and their families.  I have no idea why anyone wouldn't want to be a part of that.

I think he'll regret this decision and I wish he would go because he has earned this moment.  I also think these **** reporters who have been voting against him will let this go to their heads thinking they were right to make him wait.

Respect the decision though.

He doesn't want to share the stage or sit through the other speeches,that's the way I see it.

What a piece of work.

Unprecedented in NFL history no one has been that selfish........until now.

Should I burn my TO jersey at the first game?

9 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Should I burn my TO jersey at the first game?

If you decide to, it's best to not be wearing it at the time.  Based upon some of the love/hate shown to causes by players/fans, I thought that small safety/sanity reminder deserved mention.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JackKemp said:

Dead serious. I will take Andre over TO any day.

Both greats, but TO had nearly twice as many TDs.  And almost all of Reed's TDs were thrown by to him by HOF Jim Kelly.  The greatest % of TO's TDs were thrown by.....Jeff Garcia.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Both greats, but TO had nearly twice as many TDs.  And almost all of Reed's TDs were thrown by to him by HOF Jim Kelly.  The greatest % of TO's TDs were thrown by.....Jeff Garcia.

So you were happy with how great TO was when he was a Bills player? I'm sorry, but the only reason for all of those TDs is because he was a big mouth baby always crying for the ball. I will still take Andre over TO any day. My opinion so I get to keep it.

1 minute ago, JackKemp said:

So you were happy with how great TO was when he was a Bills player? I'm sorry, but the only reason for all of those TDs is because he was a big mouth baby always crying for the ball. I will still take Andre over TO any day. My opinion so I get to keep it.

so there!  lol

Anyway, No by the time he got to the Bills he wasn't outstanding.  But the reason he got all those TDs isn't because he cried for the ball (ok, NOW you're joking....right?  No??).  It that was even remotely true or possible or logical, every WR would become HOF caliber simply by demanding the ball, like, for instance Keyshawn Johnson, right?

You're funny.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

so there!  lol

Anyway, No by the time he got to the Bills he wasn't outstanding.  But the reason he got all those TDs isn't because he cried for the ball (ok, NOW you're joking....right?  No??).  It that was even remotely true or possible or logical, every WR would become HOF caliber simply by demanding the ball, like, for instance Keyshawn Johnson, right?

You're funny.

I just don't like TO. 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Murph and Tasker are roasting TO. 

and they should be. This guy complains for the past 3 years about not getting in then he finally gets in and doesn't want to go. Sounds like my wife! Shows why the people that select for the HOF waited so long to induct him. Guy had all th talent in the world and shows he hasn't changed from his "me only" ways.

2 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

That’s a perfectly valid opinion of TO, and probably pretty accurate.

Problem is the voters have stated publicly, repeatedly, that personal attitude, relationship to the press, and other off-field concerns are verboten when considering HOF candidates. Peter King, for one, makes this clear every year around vote time. To simplify it for themselves they state that they only consider on-field achievement.

Problem is, that is a bald-faced lie. So yes,  I do wonder why it took so long for a top-3 all-time WR to get in, if I take the voters at their word.

Which, of course, I don’t. Many of them are vindictive, petty, small men who use their vote to voice displeasure at players that didn’t give them enough perceived “respect.”

top 3 receiver????? Not in my opinion. He could've been the best ever if he had an attitude adjustment early in his career

10 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

and they should be. This guy complains for the past 3 years about not getting in then he finally gets in and doesn't want to go. Sounds like my wife! Shows why the people that select for the HOF waited so long to induct him. Guy had all th talent in the world and shows he hasn't changed from his "me only" ways.

top 3 receiver????? Not in my opinion. He could've been the best ever if he had an attitude adjustment early in his career

Good thing we don’t need your opinion - his career statistics back me up just fine.