Terrell Owens Declined His Invitation to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"at a later date, I will announce where and when I will celebrate my induction".........

Related image

He's mad because he wanted this as his bust but they said no.  Or maybe he's mad that he won't even be the best WR in his own HOF class.  Or maybe he's just ...mad. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Murph and Tasker are roasting TO. 

I almost drove off the Bay bridge listening to Murph yesterday.  He is just so dumb---even Tasker basically called him stupid after he kept repeating the same moronic point over and over.

That show needs someone off air shouting into Murph's headphone: "bad radio! bad radio!"

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Typically self-centered. Never wonder why it took this long to acknowledge a great player.

That’s a perfectly valid opinion of TO, and probably pretty accurate.

Problem is the voters have stated publicly, repeatedly, that personal attitude, relationship to the press, and other off-field concerns are verboten when considering HOF candidates. Peter King, for one, makes this clear every year around vote time. To simplify it for themselves they state that they only consider on-field achievement.

Problem is, that is a bald-faced lie. So yes,  I do wonder why it took so long for a top-3 all-time WR to get in, if I take the voters at their word.

Which, of course, I don’t. Many of them are vindictive, petty, small men who use their vote to voice displeasure at players that didn’t give them enough perceived “respect.”

• Like (+1) 3

This definitely has the possibility of being a media sh*tstorm but that's TO....

I'm in the crowd that agrees he should've been first ballot, the stats are there and when it comes to HoF voting, they emphasize personal achievements above all else. They consider playoffs/championships, but at the end of the day, it's about the singular player. 

A while back, Peter King wrote on why TO wasn't being voted in... and then proceeded to completely contradict himself by saying Darren Sharper had a HoF career and should be considered for the Hall, and this was at the height of Sharper's hideous legal issues. King's point was that the voting is based on on the field efforts, not how the player was in the locker room or how the player interacted with the media. "On the field efforts" was his defense for saying Sharper was Hall-worthy. But then, those same voters turn around and keep TO out for several years with their justification being his off the field BS... so which is it? They can't have it both ways, and in TO's case, that's what they tried to do, sit there and say, "The stats are there, BUT... remember when he did that one thing?" So if this is TO trying to stick it to them, then by all means, go for it. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I almost drove off the Bay bridge listening to Murph yesterday.  He is just so dumb---even Tasker basically called him stupid after he kept repeating the same moronic point over and over.

That show needs someone off air shouting into Murph's headphone: "bad radio! bad radio!"

You can hear a better level of "expertise" in a bar than what Murphy is often expounding on. 

Edited by Ifartalot
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Typically self-centered. Never wonder why it took this long to acknowledge a great player.

Exactly. This will be some sort of TO show to make money. 

Edited by JackKemp

27 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

You do realize all the football HOF trustees and officers are random CEOs, Goodell, and team owners. 

To think the voters are not influenced by the people that run the show is naive.

The media machine will use this as an opportunity to say "I told ya so" and those billionaires I referenced will laugh it up. 

The Rooskies are at it again.

I support his decision about 80% to do this.  In saying that, I've always been somewhat sympathetic with TO.  I think there's something good about him at his core - he's just totally misguided on how to execute a successful life.  

• Like (+1) 1

Personally feel like he should have been a 1st Ballot guy on performance alone and was honestly a little put off when he wasnt elected the first two times.  

But, I am also of the mind that a player's job in the NFL isnt strictly relegated to on the field performance.   There are a lot of aspects that go into their jobs beyond what they do on Sunday, including but not limited to preparation, locker room leadership, and yes even being a representative of their team in the media.   I think we can all (maybe) agree that TO really wasn't a Hall of Famer in all areas of his "job."  That being said that didnt preclude all time great players like Lawrence Taylor and Randy Moss from being elected first ballot.

Aside from all of that, probably wouldn't hurt for TO to humble himself a bit and get over the entitlement, bottom line is he is in and I imagine this is the sort of thing that ends up in regret long term. 

"Terrell, it's me.  Things are getting a bit dicey with all the investigations and committees.  Just announce you won't attend the HOF ceremony, and I'll make sure you're on the next 'Celebrity Apprentice'...matter of fact, I'll make sure you win it!"

• Haha (+1) 1