Terrell Owens Declined His Invitation to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

Just now, Augie said:

I’ll take your word for it. Not a big fan of the diva. I honestly hope you enjoyed it. He’s not a guy I’ll tune in for. 

Yeah, nor am I. I just watched due to the connection, and the diva response. That man will never change

• Like (+1) 1

I loved the Fitzpatrick to T.O. Combo we had for that one year.

A little sad to see that speech, T.O. Is still very bitter. Wish he went to the Hall of Fame ceremony. Hands down one of the best players to ever play in the NFL. 

Yeah i liked T.O. when he was here, i wish he would've stayed longer tbh, but i remember I couldn't believe we ever got him here. Quite possibly the biggest name player we've had here in 15 years other than Shady. We even friggin gave T.O. the key to the city too haha... priceless. I wonder if he still has it lol

I appreciate what TO did and why he did it.  I was never a Big TO fan, minus the one year with the Bills, but he should’ve been a 1st ballot HoFer because he was that good and accomplished that much on the field.  He said that the reason he wasn’t at the induction and speaking at his alma mater is because the writers didn’t have the intentions of the HoF in mind when voting, but voting based on their personal bias.  That was perfect imo.  Good for you TO.  Love you some you.  If you can’t, no one else can

9 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

He’s all about himself and this was his one last chance to make it all about himself. If he wasn’t a team cancer throughout most of his career he may have been a first ballot hall of famer....

If the voters voted for him based on his performance on the football field, he would’ve been a first ballot HoFer.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I appreciate what TO did and why he did it.  I was never a Big TO fan, minus the one year with the Bills, but he should’ve been a 1st ballot HoFer because he was that good and accomplished that much on the field.  He said that the reason he wasn’t at the induction and speaking at his alma mater is because the writers didn’t have the intentions of the HoF in mind when voting, but voting based on their personal bias.  That was perfect imo.  Good for you TO.  Love you some you.  If you can’t, no one else can

If the voters voted for someone based on his performance on the football field, he would’ve been a first ballot HoFer.

The HoF is just a place. It has no intentions. The HoF Selection Committee only has to align with it's own intentions, which are probably not the best. There's probably some BS politics going on there, which is just a fact of life in every organization.

Their selection criteria obviously includes more than just on-field accomplishments. If TO was true to himself, I think he would accept that he wasn't an "NFL role model" and that he wasn't going to win over the Selection Committee right away.

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The HoF is just a place. It has no intentions. The HoF Selection Committee only has to align with it's own intentions, which are probably not the best. There's probably some BS politics going on there, which is just a fact of life in every organization.

Their selection criteria obviously includes more than just on-field accomplishments. If TO was true to himself, I think he would accept that he wasn't an "NFL role model" and that he wasn't going to win over the Selection Committee right away.

And the HoF committee came out of this looking like a bunch of complete idiots according the most people.  Sure, some that really hate TO agree with them.  To each is there own.  But he should have been 1st ballot.  2nd ballot at the very least.  Making him wait his 3rd go around was absurd imo.  Then, when he says he’s not going to attend, they decide to cut him out completely and make themselves look like 2nd graders while TO goes out on his own accord.  Loving him some him.  

Thats just how how I see it.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

And the HoF committee came out of this looking like a bunch of complete idiots according the most people.  Sure, some that really hate TO agree with them.  To each is there own.  But he should have been 1st ballot.  2nd ballot at the very least.  Making him wait his 3rd go around was absurd imo.  Then, when he says he’s not going to attend, they decide to cut him out completely and make themselves look like 2nd graders while TO goes out on his own accord.  Loving him some him.  

Yeah, their reaction wasn't good, either. Someone could've taken the high road. I would've rather seen TO go to the Canton ceremony and give that speech to their faces.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Not surprising.

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

If the voters voted for him based on his performance on the football field, he would’ve been a first ballot HoFer.

But HoF isn't just about pure performance its also about contribution to the overall game.  Attitude and history are a part of that.