Terrell Owens Declined His Invitation to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Let’s not bring facts into this lynching now the sheep will get upset.

Many posters are always dumping on the NFL as a league for how they treat players, etc.  Yet when this time comes, it's all about "they are GIVING you this honor, now go up there and put on that jacket and give the speech for them!".

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I get what you're saying but not how.  Ray Lewis is just as much about the spotlight as TO ever was.  

Of course. I'm just pointing out that there's another guy doing the exact opposite of what TO is doing. Totally cancelling him out. That's why his actions have no effect on the voting system.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Too bad Lewis didn't attend a "life-changing luncheon" before he decided to shield a killer form the law and destroy evidence to thwart a murder investigation.

All in all, it's interesting to see the "outrage" people pretend to have over TO's decision not to show up at a tourist attraction that "enshrines"  POS's like Ray Lewis and OJ.

I know, right? 

This isn't outrage or an endorsement of Ray Lewis. I'm just pointing out the lack of sense in TO's statement when he's clearly not leading a revolution with any sort of legs under it.

Actually, it'd make more sense if he pulled himself from the nominations and said they're not allowed to put a bust of him in Canton. 

He doesn't like the members and their rules, but he still wants to be in their club.

He’s always stuck me as a look at me/narcissist type personality.  Even that time he was crying after the Cowboys playoff loss I think he was trying to draw attention to himself.  I have no doubt that’s all this HOF absence is.

However, I do have some appreciation for the year he was here.  I remember a few temper tantrums he threw but never too much drama.  In fact I still think that 2009 team could have been so much more if Fitz started from Day 1 and Fewell was the coach.

Someone recently posted highlighted from his one year with the Bills on YouTube

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I know, right? 

This isn't outrage or an endorsement of Ray Lewis. I'm just pointing out the lack of sense in TO's statement when he's clearly not leading a revolution with any sort of legs under it.

Actually, it'd make more sense if he pulled himself from the nominations and said they're not allowed to put a bust of him in Canton. 

He doesn't like the members and their rules, but he still wants to be in their club.

It's not about the members and their rules.  It's about being made to wait (he was an easy first ballot HOF player--more so than every other inductee this year except Moss) for reasons that had nothing to do with his level of accomplishment, by a group of effete voters who sometimes choose to abuse the privilege they were given to vote on this.

Look, I have enjoyed commenting on TO's goofiness for years, but it should be clear to everyone that he was held back by personal bias of enough voters who just didn't like the guy.  So in that regard, TO's position is legitimate.  All this "how DARE he"  pearl clutching is very revealing of those who are having any problem with this.  

Voters who are on record saying they didn't vote him in earlier because they felt he wasn't a "good teammate" (to the voters?? Did they consult all his teammates before they accepted this cliche?) or he was a "locker room cancer" should have their voting privileges revoked permanently as they are clearly unfit for this task.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's not about the members and their rules.  It's about being made to wait (he was an easy first ballot HOF player--more so than every other inductee this year except Moss) for reasons that had nothing to do with his level of accomplishment, by a group of effete voters who sometimes choose to abuse the privilege they were given to vote on this.

Look, I have enjoyed commenting on TO's goofiness for years, but it should be clear to everyone that he was held back by personal bias of enough voters who just didn't like the guy.  So in that regard, TO's position is legitimate.  All this "how DARE he"  pearl clutching is very revealing of those who are having any problem with this.  

Voters who are on record saying they didn't vote him in earlier because they felt he wasn't a "good teammate" (to the voters?? Did they consult all his teammates before they accepted this cliche?) or he was a "locker room cancer" should have their voting privileges revoked permanently as they are clearly unfit for this task.

When you earn the right to vote for admission to Canton you can change it all in three seconds

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's fine. This still doesn't validate TO's claim that he's sticking up for everyone else and leading the charge for future HOF inductees, does it?

His actions aren't effective for that purpose at all, IMO.

Are you saying that he is successfully affecting the process?

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

From who?

Alex Holcomb?

17 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I’m thinking you meant Fitz

In the video, the announcer says "Ryan Van Pelt"

Just a sad reflection of the Bills' QB situation over the years...

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Alex Holcomb?

In the video, the announcer says "Ryan Van Pelt"

Just a sad reflection of the Bills' QB situation over the years...

Ryan Van Pelt, Alex Fitzpatrick, Todd Johnson, Rob Collins, J.P. Edwards, Trent Losman....

It's all kind of modular isn't?  Change the names around, same result.

:lol: