California (again)

• 2 weeks later...

Gavin Newsom issues a stay of execution for...everyone.

On the one hand, the death penalty is unfairly and unequally applied.

On the other hand, Newsom just went against the will of the voters, as represented by the state legislature.

And on the third hand...with a blanket stay that didn't at all take into consideration the nature of any individual cases, this idiot just stayed the execution of Charles Ng.  Charles mother*****ing Ng.  You'd be hard-pressed to find an ####### that deserved execution more than Charles Ng.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

In fairness, I'm sure most of them voted for him. :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if he let a few slip out, al a Simon Phoenix in "Demolition Man." Few things make people need more government in their lives quite like fear. 

Google "Charles Ng."  Be warned that you will see the words "infants" and "power tools."

That ***** played the CA court system for 30 years to delay his execution...and now his sentence is commuted because he was patient?  I hope he's shanked.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Google "Charles Ng."  Be warned that you will see the words "infants" and "power tools."

That ***** played the CA court system for 30 years to delay his execution...and now his sentence is commuted because he was patient?  I hope he's shanked.

:sick:

56 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/03/13/newsom-calls-death-penalty-a-failure-halts-state-executions/

Newsome calls the death penalty a "failure". I don't know, the recidivism  rate was really low.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Don't mean to be so flippant, but the truth is, my house goes on the market next week and assuming I catch the wave we see in our area, I'm one foot out the door.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Don't mean to be so flippant, but the truth is, my house goes on the market next week and assuming I catch the wave we see in our area, I'm one foot out the door.

I know.  Not a problem.

Ng's case is one that just pisses me off to no end.  The most expensive case in CA history, and there's no one I can think of more deserving of a lethal injection (including Richard Ramirez and Jeffrey Dahmer), and Newsome just threw all of that away.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Awesome!  I get to find a bargain when you all leave and the housing market crashes.  

44 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Yeah, we're probably going to rent in Idaho for a year and wait for the crash.

Why I'm still renting here and sitting on the proceeds from our house in Oakland.  When the market comes down (not sure if it will "crash" as no one knows) we'll buy our retirement home.  Still not sure if here (Palm Springs) or someplace else.  

On 3/13/2019 at 6:17 PM, Chef Jim said:

Why I'm still renting here and sitting on the proceeds from our house in Oakland.  When the market comes down (not sure if it will "crash" as no one knows) we'll buy our retirement home.  Still not sure if here (Palm Springs) or someplace else.  

Make sure it has a extra bedroom for the wife and I.

I not buying a retirement home.

We will just move around the country staying with friends for 5 weeks freeloading.  If we had more friends we would only stay a week. 

I will I’ll give you a meadcoin if the food is great. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

Make sure it has a extra bedroom for the wife and I.

I not buying a retirement home.

We will just move around the country staying with friends for 5 weeks freeloading.  If we had more friends we would only stay a week. 

I will I’ll give you a meadcoin if the food is great. 

I’’m sorry.  Do I know you?  ?