California (again)

10 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Big deal.  Just have existing male board self-identify as female board members for corporate purposes.

People want to erase distinctions on one hand, and enforce them on the other.  Good luck with that...

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

At least one director must have red hair and only two are allowed to drive a Tesla.

Don't forget that 58% of their director salary must be donated to the DNC/DCCC.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

At least one director must have red hair and only two are allowed to drive a Tesla.

Exceptions are allowed if you permit the DNC to data-mine all your consumer information.

This is why the left is losing so badly right now.

Make up your freaking mind. Are we going to have genders or not? We assume you are going to be okay if a male on the board just says he identifies as a woman? 

I mean, in CA, a young boy who identifies as a girl receives access to all things girls have in CA public schools. Surely there will be no problem when they make the same gender-based decision as an adult 

I mean, you'll all be cool, right?

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

This is why the left is losing so badly right now.

Make up your freaking mind. Are we going to have genders or not? We assume you are going to be okay if a male on the board just says he identifies as a woman? 

I mean, in CA, a young boy who identifies as a girl receives access to all things girls have in CA public schools. Surely there will be no problem when they make the same gender-based decision as an adult 

I mean, you'll all be cool, right?

It's actually even dopier than that.

We've been told that gender is purely a social construct, and that there are no differences between men and women.  And then the same people who told us this impose legislation which draws distinct differences between men and women.

This is all you need to know about the validity to these people's ideas.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

We've been told that gender is purely a social construct, and that there are no differences between men and women.  And then the same people who told us this impose legislation which draws distinct differences between men and women.

Further to this point, let me note this is one of those items that needs to be brought up every time progressives are left with the lone comment about another "right wing circle jerk.'

The reason so many people on the right are left to discuss these topics alone is because people on the left know the error in their thinking, and literally are incapable of and/or afraid to defend it, so they disappear from the conversation. They will simply never admit "You know what? You're right. That's pretty stupid thinking. Maybe I should rethink this."

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Trans- and cis-females, and trans-males, are required under this law to have representation on the boards.

Sounds like a violation of equal protection to anyone?

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

Might as well make this the "CA is crazy" thread.

New law going to Jerry Brown's desk: It will be against the law for any restaurants to offer anything other than milk or water on their children's menu.

Note that this does not mean the parent can't order their child whatever in the living hell they want to order, but dammit, the menu must only list water and milk because, y'know, people are stupid and only the CA Dem super majority knows what is good for you.

Idiots.

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Might as well make this the "CA is crazy" thread.

New law going to Jerry Brown's desk: It will be against the law for any restaurants to offer anything other than milk or water on their children's menu.

Note that this does not mean the parent can't order their child whatever in the living hell they want to order, but dammit, the menu must only list water and milk because, y'know, people are stupid and only the CA Dem super majority knows what is good for you.

Idiots.

I love this line...

By imposing additional duties on local enforcement agencies and by creating a new crime,

:lol:  The crime of offering apple juice with a meal.  Which crime they freely admit they're creating from whole cloth.  Unbelievable.