California (again)

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I wear a mask where I’m supposed to. Just like the fact that I don’t know about @SectionC3 and his Rules #1 & #2 I don’t know the details of Governor Gruesome’s protocols. That would require I pay attention to him. 

...LOL...double ditto here....wear my mask where I am supposed to...pay NO attention to NYS' finest Andy of Mayberry......the clown prince of fiscal disaster and the staunch advocate of nursing home resident safety..........he's our NEW "Teflon Don" and Gotti's estate is pissed................

On 9/10/2020 at 1:07 PM, 3rdnlng said:

They are the 5th largest economy in the world trying to operate on windmills, solar panels and at best an irrigated desert without much water. They choose to build a bullet train from the equivalent of Messina to Fredonia while failing to spend the money to clear dead fall in their wooded areas and bulldoze breaks in their forests to tamp down on large fires. Their state bird is an albatross. 

My post was a bit sardonic, I should have ended it with /s

you are 100% correct. In fact PG&E is banned from clearing dead wood and forestry maintenance in some cases.

This happened about 2-3 years ago. Since then, worst fire seasons on record.

ROGER SIMON: Good-bye to the Lakers: Confessions of an Ex-Fan.

When I first moved to Los Angeles in the late sixties I became a paleo-Laker fan.

Those were the days of Happy Hairston, but things quickly improved with the arrival of Magic and Kareem and Kobe and Shaq (or Shaq and Kobe, if you prefer). …

It was “SHOWTIME!” Rooting for the Lakers was like rooting for the 1927 Yankees. You knew they were going to win. …

With Jack Nicholson ensconced in his floor seat, the success of the Lakers mirrored the success of the city. It was the place to be. Who cared about the national anthem? We had ours—Randy Newman’s “I Love LA.” (“From the South Bay to the Valley/From the West Side to the East Side/Everybody’s very happy/’Cause the sun is shining all the time/Looks like another perfect day/I love LA”)

Unfortunately, as another, even better, song goes: “Those were the days, my friend/ We thought they’d never end.”

There’s a reason that song, originally Georgian and Russian, has been popular in multiple languages since it first appeared in 1925.

As for LA, we all know what happened. A picture [of the homeless] is indeed worth a thousand words. …

For that and other reasons, as some of you know, I left. …

NEVERTHELESS I WATCHED THE PLAYOFFS, LA-HOUSTON:

Although the game was a blow-out by the Lakers, I took no pleasure in it. Quite the contrary. All I could see were the endless “Black Lives Matter” t-shirts on the players and coaches and the same words emblazoned on the hardwood floor.

“Education Reform” was printed on the back of the familiar purple and gold jerseys. Reform how and for what wasn’t clear.

I wasn’t watching a basketball game. I was being propagandized by the NBA and ESPN.

Meanwhile, that night, only a few miles off in Compton, two LA County sheriff’s officers were shot in the head while sitting in their car. Reportedly, they are currently “fighting for their lives.”

Also being reported is that “Black Lives Matter” protesters appeared at the hospital, blocking the entrance so, presumably, the officers couldn’t be treated.

According to a tweet from the L.A. County Sheriffs, these protesters were yelling “We hope they die.”…

I don’t think Black Lives Matter is going to turn out to be a good brand.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/13/2020 at 12:46 PM, Chef Jim said:

I wear a mask where I’m supposed to. Just like the fact that I don’t know about @SectionC3 and his Rules #1 & #2 I don’t know the details of Governor Gruesome’s protocols. That would require I pay attention to him. 

Hoax.  They aren’t my Rules #1 and #2.  They are those of Deranged Rhino.  So I take it by your admission that you also ignore Deranged Rhino.  

20 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  They aren’t my Rules #1 and #2.  They are those of Deranged Rhino.  So I take it by your admission that you also ignore Deranged Rhino.  

It is nice of you to admit DR is your intellectual superior by making his rules your rules but us conservatives don't let random people on the internet make rules for us, even if they are intelligent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It is nice of you to admit DR is your intellectual superior by making his rules your rules but us conservatives don't let random people on the internet make rules for us, even if they are intelligent.

Hoax.  I have a lot of intellectual superiors.  But I don’t think he is one of them, at least from what I can tell.  And I definitely didn’t make his rules my rules.  The rules remain those of DR.  

And, last I checked, conservatives follow the rules.  So it looks like you agree that you should adhere to Rule #2.  

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  I have a lot of intellectual superiors.  But I don’t think he is one of them, at least from what I can tell.  And I definitely didn’t make his rules my rules.  The rules remain those of DR.  

And, last I checked, conservatives follow the rules.  So it looks like you agree that you should adhere to Rule #2.  

So you expect to enforce rules on others you don't have to follow? How very Progressive of you.

• Thank you (+1) 1