California (again)

13 minutes ago, GG said:

Whatever you do, don't pin a fake medal on the goats.   We're still cleaning up the blown up brains.  

a medal with a goat’s hoof on it

hope The Dog does go to the WH and the meme is really carried out

48 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

One of our most successful and cost effective means of wildfire prevention. 

I've seen stories in the past of unions suing businesses for using goats to clear brush because goats, y'know, are not part of the union. There was a small case of it in Brea a couple of years ago.

Imagine what it must feel like to have a goat do your job. Once they learn to type with their hooves, Tibs' job is next.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I've seen stories in the past of unions suing businesses for using goats to clear brush because goats, y'know, are not part of the union. There was a small case of it in Brea a couple of years ago.

Imagine what it must feel like to have a goat do your job. Once they learn to type with their hooves, Tibs' job is next.

CA is not a right to eat state.

But I’m sure they can find something for the goats more intellectually stimulating than gatortard’s job.

California Is Becoming Unlivable

Atlantic, by Annie Lowrey

Original Article

Right now, wildfires are scorching tens of thousands of acres in California, choking the air with smoke, spurring widespread prophylactic blackouts, and forcing the evacuation of hundreds of thousands of people.

Right now, roughly 130,000 Californians are homeless, and millions more are shelling out far more in rent than they can afford, commuting into expensive cities from faraway suburbs and towns, or doubling up in houses and apartments. Wildfires and lack of affordable housing—these are two of the most visible and urgent crises facing California, raising the question of whether the country’s dreamiest, most optimistic state is fast becoming unlivable.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Until the union members can poop at the same time they clear the brush to fertilize the hillsides then we have no need for them. 

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, B-Man said:

California Is Becoming Unlivable

Atlantic, by Annie Lowrey

Original Article

Right now, wildfires are scorching tens of thousands of acres in California, choking the air with smoke, spurring widespread prophylactic blackouts, and forcing the evacuation of hundreds of thousands of people.

Right now, roughly 130,000 Californians are homeless, and millions more are shelling out far more in rent than they can afford, commuting into expensive cities from faraway suburbs and towns, or doubling up in houses and apartments. Wildfires and lack of affordable housing—these are two of the most visible and urgent crises facing California, raising the question of whether the country’s dreamiest, most optimistic state is fast becoming unlivable..

According to Tibs, this is propaganda.

Nothing this journalist writes is true.

Everything in CA is fine.

Besides, everyone knows The Atlantic is a right-wing propaganda machine, right Tibs?

I posted this in the GW thread but it's probably more appropriate here:

California's economy is the 5th largest in the world compared to other countries. To put this in perspective the UK and India each have smaller economies than California. California's weather is a giant plus and a reason for attracting some of our brightest and best. Its recreational opportunities are endless. On the surface it's a great place to live. With that said, it is a soon to be a bankrupt state, over populated in comparison to its lack of water but even worse with its lack of leadership and vision.

California is led by Leftist politicians, perfectly fine with doling out 6 figure pensions to normal everyday municipal workers. The only way this can be sustainable in the long-term is if the state has robust economic growth. I find it difficult to foresee how this can happen without the water necessary for growth. Where is the leadership that should be working on fixing the systemic problems? Have they given a serious look into desalination plants? What about clearing the deadfall in the wooded and populated areas? How about strategically placed cleared land to help fight forest fires? It's possible that none of these ideas are feasible as solutions but the leaders must at least identify the problem itself, and that is the lack of water. Solve that problem and there's hope for solving the other problems.

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

California is led by Leftist politicians, perfectly fine with doling out 6 figure pensions to normal everyday municipal workers. The only way this can be sustainable in the long-term is if the state has robust economic growth. I find it difficult to foresee how this can happen without the water necessary for growth. Where is the leadership that should be working on fixing the systemic problems? Have they given a serious look into desalination plants? What about clearing the deadfall in the wooded and populated areas? How about strategically placed cleared land to help fight forest fires? It's possible that none of these ideas are feasible as solutions but the leaders must at least identify the problem itself, and that is the lack of water. Solve that problem and there's hope for solving the other problems.

All of that would require spending money on rural California, outside of cities, which vote Republican.

Also, the environmentalists have already protested against all of those measures, including tree trimming.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

All of that would require spending money on rural California, outside of cities, which vote Republican.

Also, the environmentalists have already protested against all of those measures, including tree trimming.

That's where Leadership and vision enters the picture. A leader has to rise up and convince the people that he/she has solutions. A Ronald Reagan type.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

That's where Leadership and vision enters the picture. A leader has to rise up and convince the people that he/she has solutions. A Ronald Reagan type.

helped that a Jimmy Carter type was allowed to ruin the country for 4 years, and i mean RUIN it

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

helped that a Jimmy Carter type was allowed to ruin the country for 4 years, and i mean RUIN it

When I think of Jimmy Carter the word "morose" comes to mind along with "feckless". Leadership is all about lifting people up and making people want to go through a wall for your ideas (often confused with going through a wall for the person). Carter and Obama were much alike in that they never truly inspired people to do better but to settle and make accommodations. Jimmy and his sweater comes to mind. Barack and his magic wand also comes to mind.

25 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

When I think of Jimmy Carter the word "morose" comes to mind along with "feckless". Leadership is all about lifting people up and making people want to go through a wall for your ideas (often confused with going through a wall for the person). Carter and Obama were much alike in that they never truly inspired people to do better but to settle and make accommodations. Jimmy and his sweater comes to mind. Barack and his magic wand also comes to mind.

just read the book on Jimmy vs Teddy in 1980, i had forgotten what a sanctimonious and humorless prick Carter was, his bearing during the debate with Reagan was Miss Grundy to the 90th degree

6 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's not happening in CA. It's never happening in CA. No one will ever rise up enough in CA to convince people of their woes because the Dems own the ballot box.

Ballot harvesting is how every single county turned blue last election. Every single one.

You can not beat ballot harvesting in a state with 40M people, even if the state was on fire and the power was turned off.

Mark my words.

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's not happening in CA. It's never happening in CA. No one will ever rise up enough in CA to convince people of their woes because the Dems own the ballot box.

Ballot harvesting is how every single county turned blue last election. Every single one.

You can not beat ballot harvesting in a state with 40M people, even if the state was on fire and the power was turned off.

Mark my words

Officials in California admitted that many counties have more registered voters than people eligible to vote, because they do not remove listings of people who have moved, or DIED... deemed inactive,  because they may come back.

Also, they claim that voter fraud is a non-existent issue, because only 12 dead (presumably) people out of 400k (inactive, but registered voters) voted in the last election.

Edited by unbillievable

8 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Officials in California admitted that many counties have more registered voters than people eligible to vote, because they do not remove listings of people who have moved, or DIED... deemed inactive,  because they may come back.

Also, they claim that voter fraud is a non-existent issue, because only 12 dead (presumably) people out of 400k (inactive, but registered voters) voted in the last election.

no clones needed, zombies voting !