California (again)

43 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Were you in it?

When I finished HS in 69 the fear of getting drafted  I joined the Navy for 6 years . Had good training and good job as a Electronics  Technician.

After watching the nightly news of the carnage there , I lost trust in our government. 

6 minutes ago, ALF said:

When I finished HS in 69 the fear of getting drafted  I joined the Navy for 6 years . Had good training and good job as a Electronics  Technician.

After watching the nightly news of the carnage there , I lost trust in our government. 

We knew how to win the battles but didn't have the heart or the courage politically to win the war. If you are going to go to war, get it over as quick and as complete as possible. In the long run that will save lives on both sides.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

We knew how to win the battles but didn't have the heart or the courage politically to win the war. If you are going to go to war, get it over as quick and as complete as possible. In the long run that will save lives on both sides.

The only way to save lives in war is to end them quickly.  Period.  All wars kill. Long wars kill more.

• Like (+1) 1

Strange fact , I liked and voted for Nixon in 72 . Went to his campaign rally at the Aud in 68. I thought a Quaker would be good for peace back then. For some reason I still like the guy

Edited by ALF

19 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

When confronted with his absolute lies about Romney after the 2012 election, he knowingly smirked and said "they worked didn't they"?

That's why I just have not been able to trust politicians , very sad.

California VA bans calendars, tells WWII glamour girls their outfits must be approved before visiting 

Pinups For Vets organization 

There’s nothing at all inappropriately racy by modern (or even 1940s) standards to what they do. There seems to be someone in the California VA organization who doesn’t like them. That person needs to be found and reeducated. Or fired.

25 minutes ago, ALF said:

You would be surprised at the USO shows if seen, the military loved it to say the least.

I had a 15 hour chartered military flight from Oakland that stopped to fuel in Hawaii. The flight attendants were all civilian females and they announced that although they couldn't provide liquor they could provide mixers and the airport had duty shops with liquor. It was a fun flight afterwards and named the Lap Dance Express.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Stunning: CA Gov. Gavin Newsom Orders Investigation to Find Out Why State’s Gasoline Prices are So High

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2019/10/23/stunning-ca-gov.-gavin-newsom-orders-investigation-find-states-gasoline-prices-high

?

Next he's going to order an investigation into why PG&E keeps shutting off the power.  

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Stunning: CA Gov. Gavin Newsom Orders Investigation to Find Out Why State’s Gasoline Prices are So High

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2019/10/23/stunning-ca-gov.-gavin-newsom-orders-investigation-find-states-gasoline-prices-high

?

Comments from your link:

So California has basically told anyone in the oil industry to leave the state. And then they create their own extra special grade of difficult to produce gasoline that no other state requires. And then?

This man is a idiot. #GavinNewsom #GavinMustGo #California

This is a joke right? You’re kidding…

This is like Gov. Cuomo ordering the Natural Gas companies to supply more gas after blocking pipelines.

The Dem party is ignorant of science and economics, but thinks it should lecture the rest of us on how to live.

Should be the quickest investigation ever… but not after he hand selects the “investigator”.

California regulations, the gas tax and the carbon taxes would be a good start when he’s done starting in a mirror.

It’s your fault. There, I took care of your Investigation for you. You’re welcome.

Enjoy those high taxes you voted for, and you keep electing the same people who also implemented a cap and trade tax on gas. You don’t even get to see how much that is, it’s built into the price. Surrounding states are laughing.

I needed a good laugh today! He knows why, and a phony investigation won’t make him look any less complicit.

High gas prices caused by high taxes to fund your boondoggles. Investigation complete.

It’s all the taxes and “fees” authorized by California lawmakers who don’t know how money actually works.

How about the 70 cents in state sales tax and the regulations that prevent the building of new refineries…that keep gasoline more scarce…Newsome and his crook cronies in Sacramento are to blame!

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Next he's going to order an investigation into why PG&E keeps shutting off the power.  

The PG&E thing is really ridiculous. Newson signed a law last September giving PG&E freedom to charge all of its customers higher rates to recoup all financial losses from the wildfires. Hundreds of millions of dollars. No idea why they're behaving like they're on an episode of Real Housewives.

So many properties and families were wiped out. It was truly horrible. It only makes sense that those people should, y'know, cover the cost of the PG&E and the state's negligence.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Comments from your link:

So California has basically told anyone in the oil industry to leave the state. And then they create their own extra special grade of difficult to produce gasoline that no other state requires. And then?

This man is a idiot. #GavinNewsom #GavinMustGo #California

This is a joke right? You’re kidding…

This is like Gov. Cuomo ordering the Natural Gas companies to supply more gas after blocking pipelines.

The Dem party is ignorant of science and economics, but thinks it should lecture the rest of us on how to live.

Should be the quickest investigation ever… but not after he hand selects the “investigator”.

California regulations, the gas tax and the carbon taxes would be a good start when he’s done starting in a mirror.

It’s your fault. There, I took care of your Investigation for you. You’re welcome.

Enjoy those high taxes you voted for, and you keep electing the same people who also implemented a cap and trade tax on gas. You don’t even get to see how much that is, it’s built into the price. Surrounding states are laughing.

I needed a good laugh today! He knows why, and a phony investigation won’t make him look any less complicit.

High gas prices caused by high taxes to fund your boondoggles. Investigation complete.

It’s all the taxes and “fees” authorized by California lawmakers who don’t know how money actually works.

How about the 70 cents in state sales tax and the regulations that prevent the building of new refineries…that keep gasoline more scarce…Newsome and his crook cronies in Sacramento are to blame!

....LMAO......at my last but perhaps dated reading, there were 13 specific boutique blends of gasoline available to individual states based on their pollution mandates...THIRTEEN....and there is only so much pipeline capacity for its delivery according to states' guidelines.......hence demand outstrips supply and up go prices.....and with Cali-Fun-Ya being on the "leading edge of everything proper", ....no need to go further......Gruesome has it under control............