California (again)

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

If this was a male Congressman, pitchforks would be out. If this was an R (either sex), pitchforks would be out.

</snip>

It is this writer’s view that events that occur within a marriage or affairs that lead to its demise should be kept between the parties involved and are not the business of the general public. When those events or affairs occur within one of the parties’ workplace, though, and that workplace is the United States Congress, the public should know about them as they determine that elected official’s fitness to serve.

</snip>

Grabbin kitty is ok these days, don’t you remember? 

Edited by Q-baby!

On 10/17/2019 at 11:13 PM, B-Man said:

....we're getting closer to lakefront in Arizona............

California earthquakes just caused a major fault line to move for the first time, a study shows

By Scottie Andrew, CNN

Updated 6:29 PM ET, Fri October 18, 2019

(CNN)The Ridgecrest earthquake in July was the strongest to strike Southern California in 20 years. And the main quake, along with more than 100,000 aftershocks, caused a major fault to move for the first time, researchers say.

The movement attributed to the quake is less than an inch along the surface of the fault and would be virtually undetectable to an ordinary resident. But it has intrigued researchers for two reasons. They're not clear what it means, and they've never seen this particular fault move, said Zachary Ross, assistant professor of geophysics at Caltech and an author of a study of the fault published Friday in the journal Science.
Researchers from Caltech and NASA recognize the fault shift as creeping. The phenomenon, though, usually occurs without an earthquake, according to the US Geological Survey.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/18/us/ridgecrest-earthquakes-moved-major-fault-trnd/index.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....we're getting closer to lakefront in Arizona............

California earthquakes just caused a major fault line to move for the first time, a study shows

By Scottie Andrew, CNN

Updated 6:29 PM ET, Fri October 18, 2019

(CNN)The Ridgecrest earthquake in July was the strongest to strike Southern California in 20 years. And the main quake, along with more than 100,000 aftershocks, caused a major fault to move for the first time, researchers say.

The movement attributed to the quake is less than an inch along the surface of the fault and would be virtually undetectable to an ordinary resident. But it has intrigued researchers for two reasons. They're not clear what it means, and they've never seen this particular fault move, said Zachary Ross, assistant professor of geophysics at Caltech and an author of a study of the fault published Friday in the journal Science.
Researchers from Caltech and NASA recognize the fault shift as creeping. The phenomenon, though, usually occurs without an earthquake, according to the US Geological Survey.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/18/us/ridgecrest-earthquakes-moved-major-fault-trnd/index.html

Dibs on Otisville!

• Haha (+1) 2

Hank Johnson just wondered out loud if California might tip upside down if it splits with the mainland. He further clarified his comments explaining that with all the mountains running down the middle of the state it could be just too top heavy to stay erect. Nancy Pelosi, obviously relieved, stated that California was fortunate to not have any fossil fuels to confuse the issue and that natural gas had turned out to be their savoir. Obama then opined and claimed New California as the 58th state. Meanwhile, Christine Blasey Ford, reknown professor at Berkley, cried that ever since coming out with her accusations against a serial raper she's felt tremors.

29 minutes ago, ALF said:

It's going to get rougher before the next election with such intense hate on both extremes.

There's no doubt that both sides hate each other. While one side remains peaceful with few exceptions, the other side has violence and property destruction along with disruption of other people's lives as their tactic of preference. Alf, your postings here have obviously shown your preference for the New Nazis who cloak themselves in Anti Nazism. You post articles like the one above that show the rare occurrence of someone on the right attacking the Left, while you ignore the many, many violent actions of the Left's enforcement arm. Is that the side you really want to be on?

44 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

There's no doubt that both sides hate each other. While one side remains peaceful with few exceptions, the other side has violence and property destruction along with disruption of other people's lives as their tactic of preference. Alf, your postings here have obviously shown your preference for the New Nazis who cloak themselves in Anti Nazism. You post articles like the one above that show the rare occurrence of someone on the right attacking the Left, while you ignore the many, many violent actions of the Left's enforcement arm. Is that the side you really want to be on?

Just one example

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/white-supremacists-plead-guilty-to-rioting-in-charlottesville

31 minutes ago, ALF said:

Yes Alf, there are some white supremacists, but they are disavowed by those on the right. I don't see Antifa, the military arm of the Democrats being disavowed by the Left. If you want to get into a posting battle of misdeeds I think I have a ton more in ammunition.

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes Alf, there are some white supremacists, but they are disavowed by those on the right. I don't see Antifa, the military arm of the Democrats being disavowed by the Left. If you want to get into a posting battle of misdeeds I think I have a ton more in ammunition.

If you do go this route, please make sure you include one of the videos of the Antifa thugs getting shot in the balls with gas pellets.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

If you do go this route, please make sure you include one of the videos of the Antifa thugs getting shot in the balls with gas pellets.

I haven't seen that. Maybe just for laughs I should look it up. Antifa, not good for anything but laughs when you shoot them in the balls.

I have no use for either extreme . I vote in local elections as a Independent , last time I voted for a President was in 96 . I lost trust for Congress after it passed NAFTA  and allowed unfair trade with China .  My job went to Mexico ( auto parts ) retired after GM went bankrupt. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

I have no use for either extreme . I vote in local elections as a Independent , last time I voted for a President was in 96 . I lost trust for Congress after it passed NAFTA  and allowed unfair trade with China .  My job went to Mexico ( auto parts ) retired after GM went bankrupt. 

Well, your posting history tells a different story.

• Thank you (+1) 1