California (again)

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....INITIALLY, certainly feel sad for those folks......need to get rid of "dead wood POLITICALLY"...but as Grandma always said, "YOU made YOUR bed so now sleep in it sonny".....the fickle electorate just KEEPS ON re-electing the same woeful dregs........took my gang to San Diego in 2006......absolutely beautiful state....yet they continue to sink and stink......Shifty Schiff was elected in 2018 with 78% of the vote....bet he tops 80% in 2020......I retract my "feeling sorry" babble......

Lived there for several years back in the 80's. LA County but mostly up in the Ventura/Santa Barbara area. A beautiful, diverse state that just keeps getting in its own way. Physically, the lack of water is its biggest challenge. Mentally, they have no fvcking common sense whatsoever.

• Like (+1) 1

Give liberals an inch....................

As Usual, California Goes Too Far With New Red Flag Law

by Jazz Shaw

Gavin-Newsom.jpg

California Governor Gavin Newsom kept himself busy yesterday by signing a new red flag gun control bill into law. (This was only one of fifteen new gun control laws.)

The strange part of this story is that the Golden State already had a red flag law on the books, similar to those in sixteen other states and the District of Columbia. But now they’re going much further.

Previously, requests to have people’s firearms preemptively seized could only be issued by law enforcement or immediate family members. But starting January 1st, a whole bunch of other people will be able to drop a dime on you and have your weapons taken away until you can prove you’re not dangerous. (Associated Press)

California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday signed a law that will make the state the first to allow employers, co-workers and teachers to seek gun violence restraining orders against other people.”

They were among 15 gun-related laws Newsom approved as the state strengthens what the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence calls the nation’s toughest restrictions.

“California has outperformed the rest of the nation, because of our gun safety laws, in reducing the gun murder rate substantially compared to the national reduction,” Newsom said as he signed the measures surrounded by state lawmakers. “No state does it as well or comprehensively as the state of California, and we still have a long way to go.”

This is the third time the legislature passed this bill, but the previous two versions were vetoed by Jerry Brown. (And if your law is too radically far to the left for Jerry Brown to approve it, you might want to pause and consider what you’re doing.) This time, however, they managed to ram it through.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

This is the third time the legislature passed this bill, but the previous two versions were vetoed by Jerry Brown. (And if your law is too radically far to the left for Jerry Brown to approve it, you might want to pause and consider what you’re doing.) This time, however, they managed to ram it through.

I kinda believe that Jerry came to realize -- very late in life -- that many of the things he and other lefties set in motion (and are now completely out of control) were Huh-YUGE mistakes. 

On 10/13/2019 at 9:35 AM, B-Man said:

No problem if the power/heat is off...................I'll just put on warmer clothing.

California to ban the sale of fur clothing starting in 2023.

Everything CA does is for bubble-based praise.

A few years back I order a pair of boots made with python. Beautiful skin.  When I ordered them, the manufacturer called to inform me it was illegal to sell/ship any products made of python into the state of CA. Normally I just move on, but I opted to have them sent to an out-of-state hotel where I was headed. Just because CA said I shouldn't.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

A few years back I order a pair of boots made with python. Beautiful skin.  When I ordered them, the manufacturer called to inform me it was illegal to sell/ship any products made of python into the state of CA. Normally I just move on, but I opted to have them sent to an out-of-state hotel where I was headed. Just because CA said I shouldn't.

It's good thing you had them shipped out of state.  Python-skinned boots are known to cause cancer in the state of California, so if you got them in, say, Nevada, you should be cancer free...

55 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Were these the full monty python boots? 

Ok ok I'm sorry but I just couldn't resist. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Tom Tom Tom. We don’t have pets here in California. We have companions. 

No really that’s real. 

I know.  PETA's been pushing the "companion animal" bull#### for more than 15 years now.  I've eaten a lot of "companion cheeseburgers" because of it.

If this was a male Congressman, pitchforks would be out. If this was an R (either sex), pitchforks would be out.

</snip>

It is this writer’s view that events that occur within a marriage or affairs that lead to its demise should be kept between the parties involved and are not the business of the general public. When those events or affairs occur within one of the parties’ workplace, though, and that workplace is the United States Congress, the public should know about them as they determine that elected official’s fitness to serve.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1