California (again)

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

2 blocks over.......

(or the 3 in my refrigerator, 1 room over.)

?

Extra sharp Cuba Cheese at room temperature along with a good Shiraz or cold Yuengling would make Chef Jim's Napa Valley elites drool with envy.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

As a steamed chef your derision should be muted. In all seriousness NYS is known as producing the best cheddar variations. It's in the grass, which is superior to piker states like Wisconsin for cheese making.

Chef Jim is right....some amazing cheese from up Inverness way.   Cheddar is for the deplorables.

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

As a steamed chef your derision should be muted. In all seriousness NYS is known as producing the best cheddar variations. It's in the grass, which is superior to piker states like Wisconsin for cheese making.

Yay for cheddar.  

Boooooring. 

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Extra sharp Cuba Cheese at room temperature along with a good Shiraz or cold Yuengling would make Chef Jim's Napa Valley elites drool with envy.

Cuba cheese?  We sold that crap 40 years ago to buy new band uniforms. I make better cheese at home. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yay for cheddar.  

Boooooring. 

Cuba cheese?  We sold that crap 40 years ago to buy new band uniforms. I make better cheese at home. 

And I bet those uniforms weren't any cheesier. They make a superior cheddar cheese in the state that has the best grass for feeding the cows that produce the milk.

26 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

And I bet those uniforms weren't any cheesier. They make a superior cheddar cheese in the state that has the best grass for feeding the cows that produce the milk.

Nothing was cheesier than what we wore prior to that fundraiser.

And yes NY has good cheddar but I hate to tell you Vermont’s Jasper Hill Clothbound kills it. 

I could hijack every thread to talk about cheese. 

171BF6D0-886F-46E8-8721-7219DC806E29.jpeg

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Nothing was cheesier than what we wore prior to that fundraiser.

And yes NY has good cheddar but I hate to tell you Vermont’s Jasper Hill Clothbound kills it. 

I could hijack every thread to talk about cheese. 

171BF6D0-886F-46E8-8721-7219DC806E29.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

California adopts nation's broadest gun seizure laws

by Melissa Leon

Original Article

Then shuts off the power

I'm genuinely looking forward to reading about all the co-workers pointing at the gun owner in the next cubicle over and explaining how they need a restraining order from them because they own a gun.

Hell, if the ACLU thinks it's a bad idea, you KNOW this is going to be fun.

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm genuinely looking forward to reading about all the co-workers pointing at the gun owner in the next cubicle over and explaining how they need a restraining order from them because they own a gun.

Hell, if the ACLU thinks it's a bad idea, you KNOW this is going to be fun.

Once again, even though I've never even been to CA, I envy getting out of CA.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...why?...they are on the cutting edge of formidable legislation that has the other 49 envious......and we thought Moonbeam Jerry was cutting edge......

They protest trimming trees around power lines and then get their power turned off to prevent forest fires. This was after choosing to not get rid of dead wood and brush to limit fuel for any possible fires. That's proof that survival of the fittest doesn't really resonate with Californians.

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

They protest trimming trees around power lines and then get their power turned off to prevent forest fires. This was after choosing to not get rid of dead wood and brush to limit fuel for any possible fires. That's proof that survival of the fittest doesn't really resonate with Californians.

....INITIALLY, certainly feel sad for those folks......need to get rid of "dead wood POLITICALLY"...but as Grandma always said, "YOU made YOUR bed so now sleep in it sonny".....the fickle electorate just KEEPS ON re-electing the same woeful dregs........took my gang to San Diego in 2006......absolutely beautiful state....yet they continue to sink and stink......Shifty Schiff was elected in 2018 with 78% of the vote....bet he tops 80% in 2020......I retract my "feeling sorry" babble......