California (again)

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes you guys bag on California a lot and we deserve it because there are some ***** up politicians and some real Uber far left weirdos. But heading to Napa for a three day company getaway and this is why we put up with the crazies.  

Wino convention from Skid Row at an auto parts store?

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes you guys bag on California a lot and we deserve it because there are some ***** up politicians and some real Uber far left weirdos. But heading to Napa for a three day company getaway and this is why we put up with the crazies.  

Napa is where all the gays go? 

On 9/22/2019 at 6:04 AM, Chef Jim said:

Imagine how great it would be if you didn't have to live in CA and put with the crazies and still be able to have a 3-day company getaway in Napa.

James Lileks on California’s Smoothie Consistency Act of 2020.

While Los Angeles faces a crushing homeless problem, their city council passes the time being upset with plastic straws and smoothies:

california_straws_smoothies_10-1-19.jpg

I was going to start swearing but,

I'm just going to go with it is not the government's role to decide how thick my smoothie is

you arrogant, f*cking fascist

Sorry.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

James Lileks on California’s Smoothie Consistency Act of 2020.

While Los Angeles faces a crushing homeless problem, their city council passes the time being upset with plastic straws and smoothies:

california_straws_smoothies_10-1-19.jpg

I was going to start swearing but,

I'm just going to go with it is not the government's role to decide how thick my smoothie is

you arrogant, f*cking fascist

Sorry.

I just ate lunch with a compostable wooden fork for the first time. It's just as amusing and annoying as you would expect, including the challenge of avoiding splinters towards the end as the fork begins to break down.

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Hedge said:

I just ate lunch with a compostable wooden fork for the first time. It's just as amusing and annoying as you would expect, including the challenge of avoiding splinters towards the end as the fork begins to break down.

... did you recycle it afterwards?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

... did you recycle it afterwards?

Afterwards? It pretty much biodegraded itself it during my meal. I was careful to place the remnants inside the styrofoamm container though, for science.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So our golden boy Gavin singed a bill allowing amateur athletes to make money through endorsements. Do they think these through?

Star HS QB:  Can you recruit me?

Stanford:  Come on down!

Star HS QB:  Great!  I get a free ride!!

Stanford:  Oh no we don’t do scholarships anymore. You can get endorsements to pay your way. That will be $250,000 please. 

The universities are licking their chops. 

• Like (+1) 1