California (again)

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/07/15/california-public-schools-promote-polyamory-for-pre-teens/

It was a California teacher who discovered the “LGBT Consensual Non-Monogamy Task Force.” She was reviewing the state Department of Education’s “health” lesson mandates for the fall and stumbled across a term she didn’t know. She went to look it up, and was led to the American Psychological Association.

California instructs teachers to talk to youngsters about sex “partners.” They are to avoid terms like “boyfriend” and “girlfriend” because “some students may be non-monogamous.” This is in the lesson plan for 12-year-olds.

There it is. The American Psychological Association reaching its crusty paw all the way down to pre-pubertal kids.

For a stomach-churning exercise, read through all of the California Revised Draft Health Education Framework (April 2019 revision, the final version comes out this Fall).

The Education Department tells teachers that 14-year-olds “may have various gender identities and sexual orientations.” Indeed, “there are an infinite number of ways an individual can express their individuality and sense of self.”

Special emphasis is to be given to non-heterosexual ways, however. “Teachers should affirmatively acknowledge the existence of relationships that are not heterosexual by actively using examples of same-sex couples in class discussions.”

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:36 PM, IDBillzFan said:

Followed by giving illegal immigrants sanctuary for the entire state...

Followed by giving illegal immigrants free health care...

The only thing missing from this equation is a typhus outbreak.

Oh. Wait.

.....and let's not forget the notion to abolish the Electoral College.....strength in numbers (illegals).....

35 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It is insanity. What is to prevent roving gangs from robbing stores daily, as long as each person stays under their "daily limit"? 

I've heard some interviews over the radio recently (Bay Area of CA), where calculators are now commonly being found in the possession of people who shoplift, so they can tally up their ill gotten goods and make sure they are under the $950 limit.

And they all have smart phones, with a built in calculator app, but apparently are too stupid to know how to use that. So, buy stock in Texas Instruments.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I heard this.  WTF??  

PGE and SoCalEd have been warning about a lot of sustained blackouts that will take place this summer to avoid whatever happened last year that wiped out the city of Paradise. I'm curious to see how often that happens.

13 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

PGE and SoCalEd have been warning about a lot of sustained blackouts that will take place this summer to avoid whatever happened last year that wiped out the city of Paradise. I'm curious to see how often that happens.

Well this whole carbon footprint thing drives me nuts. So electric at the user end may be (slightly) cleaner than natural gas but what about the other end? The ozone doesn’t care whether the issue is a gas stove in Berkeley or a coal fired plant in Nevada. 

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well this whole carbon footprint thing drives me nuts. So electric at the user end may be (slightly) cleaner than natural gas but what about the other end? The ozone doesn’t care whether the issue is a gas stove in Berkeley or a coal fired plant in Nevada. 

I've never been convinced that this is anything more than elected officials responding to campaign donations.

PGE escaped a bullet after the Paradise fire since they were the one's who caused it. Instead, the state passed a bill that allowed SoCalEd and PGE to make up their fire-related losses by adding those costs to customer bills.

I'm sure someone at PGE gave Kate Harrison a little sumpin-sumpin for her trouble to get this bill going.

..so for the privilege (COUGH) of living in that fine State, you get to pay at least 10+ grand more for your new home on top of already exorbitant real estate prices?......gotta love "legislative solutions".....

California Will Require Solar Panels on All New Homes

Rachel Kaufman     December 11, 2018

California is officially the first state to require newly built homes to come with enough solar panels to offset their electricity use. The state Building Standards Commission voted unanimously to add the requirement to the state building code last week, the San Jose Mercury News reported.

The new code takes effect in 2020 and covers all single-family homes as well as multifamily buildings up to three stories high. There are exceptions for houses with too-small roofs or those in the shade. An average home is expected to use 53 percent less energy under the new code than one built under the previous standards.

Solar panels can cost up to $10,000 upfront, but are expected to save at least $19,000 in reduced electricity bills over 30 years, the state energy commission executive director Drew Bohan said.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..so for the privilege (COUGH) of living in that fine State, you get to pay at least 10+ grand more for your new home on top of already exorbitant real estate prices?......gotta love "legislative solutions".....

California Will Require Solar Panels on All New Homes

Rachel Kaufman     December 11, 2018

California is officially the first state to require newly built homes to come with enough solar panels to offset their electricity use. The state Building Standards Commission voted unanimously to add the requirement to the state building code last week, the San Jose Mercury News reported.

The new code takes effect in 2020 and covers all single-family homes as well as multifamily buildings up to three stories high. There are exceptions for houses with too-small roofs or those in the shade. An average home is expected to use 53 percent less energy under the new code than one built under the previous standards.

Solar panels can cost up to $10,000 upfront, but are expected to save at least $19,000 in reduced electricity bills over 30 years, the state energy commission executive director Drew Bohan said.

How long until they institute a non-use fee because people won't be buying enough energy from PG&E?

11 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

How long until they institute a non-use fee because people won't be buying enough energy from PG&E?

...have to ask former Governor Jerry Moonbeam Brown and his interplanetary council...that state is cooked period.....

I'm far from a raging liberal but have had solar on my house for over a decade. It works great and here in california it makes virtually 100% of my power. I see no problem with this legislation. You have to buy electricity from somewhere. It’s the law. You can’t get an occupancy permit without it. Do you think the big power line in/on your street got there by magic? Where do you think your power comes from? Here’s a hint...in the West, most power plants are either coal or petroleum powered.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'm far from a raging liberal but have had solar on my house for over a decade. It works great and here in california it makes virtually 100% of my power. I see no problem with this legislation. You have to buy electricity from somewhere. It’s the law. You can’t get an occupancy permit without it. Do you think the big power line in/on your street got there by magic? Where do you think your power comes from? Here’s a hint...in the West, most power plants are either coal or petroleum powered.

maybe it's just me but i have a severe aversion to legislated mandates.

• Like (+1) 2