California (again)

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

You said it needs to be done properly. Why is that confusing?

Yes. Within the bounds of due process. Not a military state. Not stopping everyone who looks like they came from the land of salsa without just cause to do so. You can't violate the rights and protections of people in an attempt to deport illegal aliens because illegal aliens don't come wearing name tags. 

I'm not sure how you took my initial post to indicate I think they should be snatched in secret, or whatever you were on about. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(humanitary :lol: ) 

couldn't help it.

Democrats are America. The good people in the country. 

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(humanitary :lol: ) 

couldn't help it.

Democrats are America. The good people in the country. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

“Right next to Matt’s house!”  ?

When we lived in SF we were constantly sick. My wife had a virus of some sort that had her lungs filling with fluid as well as around her heart. She couldn’t breath and was terribly sick for three months. Doctor after doctor could not diagnose what was wrong with her. I was certain she was going to die. That once beautiful city is horribly ruined. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

“Right next to Matt’s house!”  ?

When we lived in SF we were constantly sick. My wife had a virus of some sort that had her lungs filling with fluid as well as around her heart. She couldn’t breath and was terribly sick for three months. Doctor after doctor could not diagnose what was wrong with her. I was certain she was going to die. That once beautiful city is horribly ruined. 

Lice-a-Roni?

• Like (+1) 1

Conditions On The Streets Of San Francisco Are Comparable To “The Slums Of Mumbai, Delhi, Mexico City, Jarkarta, And Manila.”

When Leilani Farha paid a visit to San Francisco in January, she knew the grim reputation of the city’s homeless encampments. In her four years as the United Nations Special Rapporteur for Adequate Housing, Farha has visited the slums of Mumbai, Delhi, Mexico City, Jarkarta, and Manila. The crisis in San Francisco, she said, is comparable to these conditions.

Related: Gavin Newsom to California’s critics: State is ‘still the envy of the world.’

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Conditions On The Streets Of San Francisco Are Comparable To “The Slums Of Mumbai, Delhi, Mexico City, Jarkarta, And Manila.”

When Leilani Farha paid a visit to San Francisco in January, she knew the grim reputation of the city’s homeless encampments. In her four years as the United Nations Special Rapporteur for Adequate Housing, Farha has visited the slums of Mumbai, Delhi, Mexico City, Jarkarta, and Manila. The crisis in San Francisco, she said, is comparable to these conditions.

Related: Gavin Newsom to California’s critics: State is ‘still the envy of the world.’

FTA

“We’re not going to be the cheapest place to do business, but you knew that 50 years ago,” Newsom said. While the state has problems, “we’re making progress, and I hope you’ll start focusing on that rather than the 13.3% damn tax rate.”

Much of that progress can be seen in next year’s budget, which Newsom will sign by the end of the month.

This is how politicians measure progress. How much money has been set aside for issues not results. Money has been thrown at these issues forever. That is not how you measure progress. You measure progress by results and based on that there has been zero progress here in California. Just the opposite as a matter of fact. 

• Like (+1) 1

Link to bill

The inmates are running the asylum. 

California Legislature Passes Bill To Put Trans Men In Women’s Prisons, Even Rapists

There are no exceptions in the bill to make sure that men who have committed violent or sexual crimes against women are not placed in prison with women.

While it should be obvious that women’s prisons are for convicted criminals who are female, California Senate Bill 132, sponsored by state Sen. Scott Weiner (D–San Francisco), requires men who say they are women to be housed in women’s prisons.

The State Senate passed the bill in May, and it passed the state Assembly with very little opposition on June 25. The bill demands that the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation ask prisoners their preferred pronouns and gender identity at intake, then house them accordingly. This means that a man need only say at intake that he is a woman to gain access to women’s prison. In passing this bill, California has turned its back on incarcerated women.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

Having solved all of California's other problems.........................

California Poised To Ban Hairstyle Discrimination

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/06/28/california-black-hair-antidiscrimination-bill/

Workplace dress code and grooming policies that prohibit natural hair, including afros, braids, twists, and locks, have a disparate impact on Black individuals as these policies are more likely to deter Black applicants and burden or punish Black employees than any other group.

Ummm....'natural' braids??