California (again)

19 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

We happened upon a beautiful house on 5 acres that was falling in/out of escrow for the past six months because the woman selling it is a handful, mostly because it belonged to her son, who died a couple of years ago. It was a slow process, not about price, but about who we were as a family, and was our family going to best represent the family her son had before he died.  We played patient and kind, having my son send her letters to let her know how much he loved the house, and eventually we were able to help her let go.

We closed Friday, and when we came into the house, the woman left a huge basket for us of treats for everyone, including our pets, bird feeders, and then we found out she fixed all the little things on the inspection report that we took as is (lightbulbs, screens, etc.).

High on hill, overlooking the city, with deer, quail, and wild turkeys already surrounding us.

Freaking paradise.

I wish you and your family luck. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

The article makes even less sense than how you describe.  Because Omar and Tlaib get backlash from their own party for antisemitism, CA wants to censure Israel for associating with white supremacists in promoting Islamophobia?  

Have they abandoned ever pretense of logic and common sense?  What's next, blame gasoline prices on Iron Dome because Climate Change?

• Haha (+1) 1

Saw an article about bums making treehouses  to live in  Fremont, CA. They are in eucalyptus trees along a parking lot in an industrial park. I know where this is.  Today, they should get the chainsaws out and cut them right down.

1. Eucalyptus trees are an invasive, non-native species. 

2. They are fire hazards with all that oil  and the dry climate of CA.

3.  The area around them are filthy. Vultures live in them and the area around them are always littered with massive amounts of buzzard poop.

4.It would get rid of the bums.

In one of the large open space parks in the SF Bay area (Lake Chabot Park) they cut down a large grove of them (several acres) for reasons 1-3 above.

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Saw an article about bums making treehouses  to live in  Fremont, CA. They are in eucalyptus trees along a parking lot in an industrial park. I know where this is.  Today, they should get the chainsaws out and cut them right down.

1. Eucalyptus trees are an invasive, non-native species. 

2. They are fire hazards with all that oil  and the dry climate of CA.

3.  The area around them are filthy. Vultures live in them and the area around them are always littered with massive amounts of buzzard poop.

4.It would get rid of the bums.

In one of the large open space parks in the SF Bay area (Lake Chabot Park) they cut down a large grove of them (several acres) for reasons 1-3 above.

There was a time that this tree in Santa Barbara housed quite a few homeless. I think the city put up further barricades and/or patrol it now to save this historic tree.

santa_barbara_08_122006.jpg

Gavin Newsom realizes he’s talking about California here, right? The jokes write themselves

California’s what happens when rights are respected. When work is rewarded. When nature’s protected. When diversity is celebrated and free markets are fair markets.
We are nothing less than the progressive answer to a transgressive President. #CADEM19

Not everyone agreed

st8YIDM5_bigger.jpgIntrepid‏ @intrepid_17
FollowFollow @intrepid_17
Replying to @GavinNewsom

Newsom’s California, where the rich stay richer and the poor stay poorer.

Tent city’s, outdoor plumbing, no heat or water, massive filth and rampant drug use.

5:37 AM - 2 Jun 2019

Image result for california homeless tent cities

yiQfQQlN_bigger.jpgus395  ?? ? ?️‏ @US395
FollowFollow @US395
Replying to @GavinNewsom

You mean the homelessness, 41st ranking in K-12, highest poverty rate, most people on welfare, schools teaching in Spanish because of the illegals, exodus of residents to neighboring states, CALPERS trillions under water. Are effing serious? This state is an abortion.

6:04 AM - 2 Jun 2019 from San Diego, CA

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The Homeless Industrial Complex.  Now there's a term I never thought I'd hear.

https://californiaglobe.com/uncategorized/the-homeless-industrial-complex/

Interesting article. It's odd to me that cities could get residents to pay a special tax to address a special problem, only to wake up and find out the tax money isn't enough and is lining the pockets of special interests, leaving the special problem to grow and fester.

Weird. Especially after watching the state bring its high-speed rail project to reality on time and on budget.

14 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Interesting article. It's odd to me that cities could get residents to pay a special tax to address a special problem, only to wake up and find out the tax money isn't enough and is lining the pockets of special interests, leaving the special problem to grow and fester.

Weird. Especially after watching the state bring its high-speed rail project to reality on time and on budget.

If I had time I'd go back 10 years or more and look at all the propositions and tax and fee increases that were put in place to improve things like schools and infrastructure.  Remember how the lottery was going to save our schools.  Well politician are leaving office rich and our schools and infrastructure are worse than the have ever been. 

The homeless issue is a tough one.  Forcing people to take their meds or into treatment centers would solve a lot of this problem but it's a slippery slope.  I will tell you this.  The constant hand wringing solves nothing.  Time to play tough.  

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

If I had time I'd go back 10 years or more and look at all the propositions and tax and fee increases that were put in place to improve things like schools and infrastructure.  Remember how the lottery was going to save our schools.  Well politician are leaving office rich and our schools and infrastructure are worse than the have ever been. 

The homeless issue is a tough one.  Forcing people to take their meds or into treatment centers would solve a lot of this problem but it's a slippery slope.  I will tell you this.  The constant hand wringing solves nothing.  Time to play tough.  

Gee, I wonder if there is any correlation between the disappearance of the old county home or insane asylum and the increased homelessness?

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Gee, I wonder if there is any correlation between the disappearance of the old county home or insane asylum and the increased homelessness?

Reagan has to take a good portion of the blame for this.  

• Like (+1) 1

This isn't unique to California but it IS California so I'll plop it here.  This is a sad story.  This is the Home Depot we shopped at what seemed like a weekly basis.  It was a nice store with no issues.  We have not even been gone 2 years and the area has gone to ***** so badly they want to close it.  This is what happens when you hire a pansy ass liberal mayor  who smiles all the time and loves to spout how beautiful Oakland has become under her watch (I still get her rainbow farting unicorn emails).  Well I'm sorry Libby in order to clean up the ***** you have to smile less and kick asses more.  What a ***** shame.  

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/philmatier/article/Home-Depot-said-to-threaten-pulling-out-of-13937174.php?t=9bd0284974

On 6/4/2019 at 6:33 PM, Chef Jim said:

Reagan has to take a good portion of the blame for this.  

I wasn’t aware that Gov Reagan encouraged people to drop out and turn on and ruin their lives when this all started