California (again)

On 4/22/2019 at 8:22 PM, B-Man said:

Perhaps to demonstrate the seriousness of their actions, the bill’s sponsors should map out all the areas in CA where all these awful miniature toiletries are fouling up the environment.  It’s bound to be much more voluminous than the human poop map, because it seems higher on the priority to fix.

Sexual assault allegations detailed in suit against California Democratic Party and its former chairman

A California Democratic Party staffer says former chairman Eric Bauman forcibly performed oral sex on him several times and that the party failed to respond appropriately to Bauman’s behavior, according to a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles on Wednesday.

Bauman’s former assistant William Floyd is suing his ex-boss, the state party and the Los Angeles County Democratic Party, alleging sexual harassment, asssault, battery, negligence and civil rights violations.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Sexual assault allegations detailed in suit against California Democratic Party and its former chairman

A California Democratic Party staffer says former chairman Eric Bauman forcibly performed oral sex on him several times and that the party failed to respond appropriately to Bauman’s behavior, according to a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles on Wednesday.

Bauman’s former assistant William Floyd is suing his ex-boss, the state party and the Los Angeles County Democratic Party, alleging sexual harassment, asssault, battery, negligence and civil rights violations.

</snip>

I don't want to seem insensitive but how many times do you let this happen before putting your foot down? What did he tell him, I'll give you 30 minutes to stop that?

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

I don't want to seem insensitive but how many times do you let this happen before putting your foot down? What did he tell him, I'll give you 30 minutes to stop that?

I almost made a comment about the "several times" but like you didn't want to seem insensitive. I am sure there is more to the story than the newspaper article, but on the surface,  O.o 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I almost made a comment about the "several times" but like you didn't want to seem insensitive. I am sure there is more to the story than the newspaper article, but on the surface,  O.o 

Simple.  Fear.  When people in power hold that power over you I would imagine it may be difficult to say "no" or "stop"

FTA:

Floyd says Bauman assaulted him at least three times and groped him on numerous occasions. In his lawsuit, Floyd alleges Bauman threatened him, telling him “if you cross me, I will break you.”

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Simple.  Fear.  When people in power hold that power over you I would imagine it may be difficult to say "no" or "stop"

Plus, the victim is a Democrat, so it's not like he has experience thinking for himself. He was just doing what he was told...like a good little Dem slave.

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Plus, the victim is a Democrat, so it's not like he has experience thinking for himself. He was just doing what he was told...like a good little Dem slave.

I know you're being facetious but sexual predators and those that fear them and/or are taken advantage of by them is not unique to any political party and shouldn't be taken lightly.  

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

I know you're being facetious but sexual predators and those that fear them and/or are taken advantage of by them is not unique to any political party and shouldn't be taken lightly.  

Thanks for reminding us....zzzzzz

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

No, but the double-standard on how seriously to take them certainly is unique to a political party.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

No, but the double-standard on how seriously to take them certainly is unique to a political party.

DC it’s worse than that. I’m currently dealing with a false claim against one of my employees. This me too thing can be used as a weapon to destroy people. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

They approved a bond measure a couple years ago in the Bay Area to raise billions to fix the roads.   I actually put it on my calendar in 10 years to go up there and see if there have been any improvements.  This is something EVERY taxpayer should do.  No not put that on their calendar but holding the government accountable for things like this and demanding that accountability when it doesn't happen.  Like how the lottery was supposed to "fix" our schools.  How many billions and billions of dollars have been raised by the lottery and our schools are shittier than ever. 

Awesome!!!  Shittier is not censored!!  Tibs and BigMcD's post are getting shittier and shittier and shittier every day!!! 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

California Moves To Keep Trump Off 2020 Primary Ballot

Via Washington Times:

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The California Legislature is trying again to force presidential candidates to publicly disclose their tax returns, hoping a new Democratic governor known for his clashes with President Donald Trump won’t block them this time.

The state Senate voted 27-10 on Thursday to require anyone appearing on the state’s presidential primary ballot to publicly release five years’ worth of income tax returns. The proposal is in response to Trump, who bucked 40 years of tradition by refusing to release his tax returns prior to his election in 2016.

California’s presidential primary is scheduled for March 3. If the bill becomes law, Trump could not appear on the state’s primary ballot without filing his tax returns with the California secretary of state.

“We believe that President Trump, if he truly doesn’t have anything to hide, should step up and release his tax returns,” said Sen. Mike McGuire, a Democrat from Healdsburg and the co-author of the bill along with Sen. Scott Wiener, a San Francisco Democrat.

Keep reading…

50 minutes ago, B-Man said:

California Moves To Keep Trump Off 2020 Primary Ballot

Via Washington Times:

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The California Legislature is trying again to force presidential candidates to publicly disclose their tax returns, hoping a new Democratic governor known for his clashes with President Donald Trump won’t block them this time.

The state Senate voted 27-10 on Thursday to require anyone appearing on the state’s presidential primary ballot to publicly release five years’ worth of income tax returns. The proposal is in response to Trump, who bucked 40 years of tradition by refusing to release his tax returns prior to his election in 2016.

California’s presidential primary is scheduled for March 3. If the bill becomes law, Trump could not appear on the state’s primary ballot without filing his tax returns with the California secretary of state.

“We believe that President Trump, if he truly doesn’t have anything to hide, should step up and release his tax returns,” said Sen. Mike McGuire, a Democrat from Healdsburg and the co-author of the bill along with Sen. Scott Wiener, a San Francisco Democrat.

Keep reading…

Big deal.  He's not winning CA anyway.  But let's see how far this ridiculous idea goes.  

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Big deal.  He's not winning CA anyway.  But let's see how far this ridiculous idea goes.  

He won't win CA's electoral votes, but they're doing this in an effort to artificially inflate the "popular vote" numbers for the Democrat sacrificial lamb.

Trump got just under 4.5 million votes in 2016 from California.