California (again)

On 4/17/2019 at 10:08 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

I live just over the hill from Laguna Beach. It’s a beautiful place but the only real uber liberal part of OC. From what I’ve heard the vast majority of the residents love the new decals. There are just a few who don’t and many of them were just saying they didn’t like the design.  Laguna is a hippy artist community so many were coming from the we know more about art and aesthetics angle. The part that infuriates me is that the council felt they even needed to address this with a vote.  

11 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I lived in Bay Area from 2009-2017 and the first 3 1/2 years in the city. People would say “how cool to live there!”  Well not really. My wife and I were constantly sick and she caught an virus that was never even able to be diagnosed and almost literally killed her. It’s a disgusting city. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Hey Gavin. Please answer my favorite question that no one ever asks politicians regarding any issue. So you want to protect illegal (BTW you forgot that word) immigrants here in CA?  Ok here goes pretty boy Gavin. Are you ready? 1....2....3.....

WHY?

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Hey Gavin. Please answer my favorite question that no one ever asks politicians regarding any issue. So you want to protect illegal (BTW you forgot that word) immigrants here in CA?  Ok here goes pretty boy Gavin. Are you ready? 1....2....3.....

WHY?

Cause they don't let 'em set up tent cities in Kentfield.

California bans state-funded travel to South Carolina, bringing total to 10 states
by Valerie Richardson

Original Article

The day may be coming when California public employees are permitted to travel on business only to blue states.

California Attorney General Xavier Becerra on Tuesday added South Carolina to the growing list of states banned from state-sponsored travel, citing the Palmetto State’s 2018 budget bill allowing faith-based adoption and foster-care services to operate according to their religious beliefs.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

California bans state-funded travel to South Carolina, bringing total to 10 states
by Valerie Richardson

Original Article

The day may be coming when California public employees are permitted to travel on business only to blue states.

California Attorney General Xavier Becerra on Tuesday added South Carolina to the growing list of states banned from state-sponsored travel, citing the Palmetto State’s 2018 budget bill allowing faith-based adoption and foster-care services to operate according to their religious beliefs.

Are CA state workers still allowed to go on state-sponsored trips to...say...Abu Dhabi?

On 4/22/2019 at 7:22 PM, B-Man said:

I'm waiting for CA to pass a law that hotel guests need to stay in rooms with other guests to cut down on power consumption.

If you want to save the planet, you must be bold. Shopping bags. Straws. Small bottles of shampoo. Hotels turned into communes.

Be bold, CA. Be very bold.

7 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I'm waiting for CA to pass a law that hotel guests need to stay in rooms with other guests to cut down on power consumption.

If you want to save the planet, you must be bold. Shopping bags. Straws. Small bottles of shampoo. Hotels turned into communes.

Be bold, CA. Be very bold.

Not before they pass a law that hotel guests have to shower together to save money.  

A "gender-neutral" communal shower law, of course.

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Not before they pass a law that hotel guests have to shower together to save money.  

A "gender-neutral" communal shower law, of course.

You know, I was connecting in San Jose airport this weekend, and two things hit me.

One, they're opening a Chick-Fil-A. You'd think if San Antonio and Buffalo are banning them from the airport, San Jose would burn the place down. But no.

Two, they had a gender neutral bathroom near our gate. My wife carries sumatriptan injections for when she starts to get a crash migraine, and we needed to use that bathroom so I could give her the injection when I realized it was its own bathroom. Single toilet and sink, and a lock on the door. When men realize they can take a nice, long dump in a private bathroom at the airport, the left may start rethinking this idea.

• Haha (+1) 1

IT’S ALWAYS IN THE LAST PLACE YOU LOOK: 

California Politicians Hiked Gas Tax, Now Demand Investigation Into State’s $4 Per Gallon Gas Prices.............:wallbash:

Related: Will Newsom end oil drilling in California? Many environmentalists are betting yes.

That should do wonders for lowering California’s gas prices, as California’s Potemkin environmentalism rolls on.