California (again)

12 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

This is why we're looking at Palm Springs.  Sure CA is really getting on my nerves but there is something to be said for moving someplace where you can buy your retirement home for cash and know the area very well.  Have friends there and nearby in OC.  I don't want to retire someplace and after two years think "Oh *****...this was a mistake."  Could PS end up being a mistake?  Sure but again we know the area and know it well and that's a big plus. 

Dude, we could be neighbours, wouldn’t that be great? Probably going to buy a winter place somewhere down that area. I have a buddy in Quartzsite AZ so I have traveled the area. Not willing to setup in Quartzsite because there is ***** all there, but was thinking Palm Springs or maybe a little east in AZ. Want to check out Tucson as well. 

2 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

Dude, we could be neighbours, wouldn’t that be great? Probably going to buy a winter place somewhere down that area. I have a buddy in Quartzsite AZ so I have traveled the area. Not willing to setup in Quartzsite because there is ***** all there, but was thinking Palm Springs or maybe a little east in AZ. Want to check out Tucson as well. 

I'm sure he's thrilled.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

After reading this, is anyone here still against the border walls?

Edited by 4merper4mer

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

After reading this, is anyone here still against the border walls?

Obviously a wall on our northern border is needed. We can get the Canadians to pay for it by making them cough up all the tips they never gave to Florida servers over the years.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Obviously a wall on our northern border is needed. We can get the Canadians to pay for it by making them cough up all the tips they never gave to Florida servers over the years.

The cheque is in the mail. Probably arrive at the same time as the one from Mexico! 

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Or unpaid speeding tickets plastered on bathroom walls.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

12 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

This is why we're looking at Palm Springs.  Sure CA is really getting on my nerves but there is something to be said for moving someplace where you can buy your retirement home for cash and know the area very well.  Have friends there and nearby in OC.  I don't want to retire someplace and after two years think "Oh *****...this was a mistake."  Could PS end up being a mistake?  Sure but again we know the area and know it well and that's a big plus. 

We have a vacation home in Palm Springs and love it! Always something going on there in town. I doubt you’d regret it.

14 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

The cheque is in the mail. Probably arrive at the same time as the one from Mexico! 

Just remember, if you are planning on a vacation home in the U.S. we have certain laws here that prevent the importation of animals such as your pet moose. Can you last the whole winter without a little moose nooky?

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Just remember, if you are planning on a vacation home in the U.S. we have certain laws here that prevent the importation of animals such as your pet moose. Can you last the whole winter without a little moose nooky?

I have seen Merican girls. Not a whole lot different. 

1 hour ago, BigMcD said:

We’ve just decided on Florida.