California (again)

11 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

And they call THIS, "Screw You, Californians!"

CA sees no way to get high speed rail up and down the coast, but how would the 100-mile stretch from Merced to Bakersfield like their own $77B train?

What's important to remember is that yes, billions have been spent on pretty much nothing, but friends of the government got their billions, and that's all that matters.

FU, CA. Can't wait to stop contributing to your embarrassing stupidity.

That is highly embarrassing for California after all the hype. 

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Hang in there.

Hate isn't helping you..................and they don't care.

I'm fine. Just a few more years, then I'm out. By then the rents will be beyond my means, the traffic unbearable, and the people turning on each other.

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

And they call THIS, "Screw You, Californians!"

CA sees no way to get high speed rail up and down the coast, but how would the 100-mile stretch from Merced to Bakersfield like their own $77B train?

What's important to remember is that yes, billions have been spent on pretty much nothing, but friends of the government got their billions, and that's all that matters.

FU, CA. Can't wait to stop contributing to your embarrassing stupidity.

No one goes to either Merced or Bakersfield lol

1 hour ago, Dante said:

No one goes to either Merced or Bakersfield lol

I’ve lived in CA nearly 40 years and I’ve been to Bakersfield once. Drove through it once on the way to somewhere else. And not sure I could point  out Merced on a map. What a ***** joke. The only silver lining is Jerry Brown’a head is exploding. “Waaahhhh!!!  The train was going to be my legacy!!”

And I know someone will ask why stay. Well I’m at the gym and all I have are two words. Yoga pants. Sure they are everywhere but not like here in south Orange County 

Edited by Chef Jim

15 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I’ve lived in CA nearly 40 years and I’ve been to Bakersfield once. Drove through it once on the way to somewhere else. And not sure I could point  out Merced on a map. What a ***** joke. The only silver lining is Jerry Brown’a head is exploding. “Waaahhhh!!!  The train was going to be my legacy!!”

And I know someone will ask why stay. Well I’m at the gym and all I have are two words. Yoga pants. Sure they are everywhere but not like here in south Orange County 

Like you I have been to Bakersfield once for a car show. It does have the scariest two lane highway going in off the 680. Maybe thats why Cali wants a bullet train there??

I wish I invested in Luluemon years ago I might have a mansion here or Orange County.

3 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Every time I tell someone in CA that we're moving, virtually everyone one of them ultimately says the same thing: "I would if I could..."

A school teacher friend has to stay another six years if she wants to see her pension.

Grandparents don't want to leave their grandkids.

The idea of making less is not something many people want to do, even when they know they're moving to a place where taxes and COL are so much lower.

Many are afraid they'll never see another nice ass on a woman doing yoga.

Even state colleges are no longer an incentive as they pass up CA students for out-of-state tuition payments, which are considerably higher.

But hey...one day they'll be able to get from Bakersfield to Merced really fast, so they have that going for them.

Which is nice.