California (again)

16 hours ago, DC Tom said:

$2.39 a couple hours ago...and that was in the district, where gas is pricey.

Prices in CA are probably jacked to cover the impending PG&E bankruptcy.

CA already approved PG&E to get that money from its customers by jacking up their bills.

Plus, we just double-passed a gas tax on top of the other gas taxes to pay for infrastructure. I say double-passed because the tax was up for recall, for lack of a better term, in the last election, and CA approved it one more time. So CA pays about 58 cents per gallon in state taxes, which I think is about 25 cents more per gallon than the national average.

3 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

CA already approved PG&E to get that money from its customers by jacking up their bills.

Plus, we just double-passed a gas tax on top of the other gas taxes to pay for infrastructure. I say double-passed because the tax was up for recall, for lack of a better term, in the last election, and CA approved it one more time. So CA pays about 58 cents per gallon in state taxes, which I think is about 25 cents more per gallon than the national average.

We/you/us never approved it the first time.  

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

:wallbash: Really, does anyone in California ever think anything through?  

As I'm sure is the case everywhere else, outside of solar (which is now mandated on every new house built in CA), you really don't have a choice where you get your power. So you either have to suck it up, or move.

I'm fairly confident the people running this state don't care one way or another about thinking things through. They're happy with the state of the state because it provides for them tremendously. They have a lock on the state and the way it's run and no one will be changing that any time in the next few hundred years

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We/you/us never approved it the first time.  

Could have sworn that was a vote the first time, but then again, I don't really waste my time voting here anymore, so I'm not surprised I remember that incorrectly.

4 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

And, I think, still lower than Pennsylvania's. Which is just ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

It's incredible. NJ gets a rap for a high tax state, yet my income taxes AND the gas tax is lower in NJ than PA, and the sales tax is only .5% higher.

How's your property tax in Macungie of NJ

• Haha (+1) 1