Ravens Lose Final Two OTA Sessions Due to Offseason Rules Infractions

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Ravens Lose Final Two OTA Sessions Due to Offseason Rules Infractions
16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They apparently held practice in pads during a punt drill

It’s really hard for me to pick a side on this...

on one hand, nfl front offices would work these guys 24/365 if they could.  

On the other hand, players they are getting absurd amounts of money to entertain and play a game.

There are thousands, perhaps millions of people who would happily be an nfl tackling dummy every day for much less... 

16 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

On the other hand, players they are getting absurd amounts of money to entertain and play a game.

There are thousands, perhaps millions of people who would happily be an nfl tackling dummy every day for much less... 

There are many jobs in the world that ask more of football players and pay far less. 

There high pay is reflected by having a players Union that represents them with well paid lawyers.

The CBA reflects the priorities of both the owners and playes.

There is no side to pick. They already negotiated this.

• Like (+1) 2

0-16, guaranteed 

1 minute ago, JaxBills said:

There are many jobs in the world that ask more of football players and pay far less. 

There high pay is reflected by having a players Union that represents them with well paid lawyers.

The CBA reflects the priorities of both the owners and playes.

There is no side to pick. They already negotiated this.

The vast majority of people couldn’t survive a day in the nfl.  You completely underestimate how difficult it is to become a pro football player.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

0-16, guaranteed 

The vast majority of people couldn’t survive a day in the nfl.  You completely underestimate how difficult it is to become a pro football player.

So I take it you've played in the NFL?       

18 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Those thousands or millions aren't qualified to play in the league. There are only a rare few who have the ability.

And they get paid big bucks because players get a percentage of NFL revenue. Thus, fans spending money DEMAND the players get paid that much.

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

So I take it you've played in the NFL?       

Lol.

I tried out for a semi pro team several years ago (in my early 20s). I was always one of 2-3 of the best players on any field I had played on, ran a 4.48, but 5'8" 175 lbs at the time. Caught just about everything thrown, out jumped taller guys, very elusive, and would take 2-3 guys (many of them 20-30 lbs bigger than me) to bring me down. 

I was dominated...there was a 285 lb monster D lineman that ran as fast as me. There was a DB that broke up everything in his direction. Several other guys as good or better than me.

None of those guys would ever dream of playing in the CFL, let alone the NFL...

Twice in three years.

on NFL Radio this morning they said it may have been a player or staf blow them in,but all teams per league rules are mandated to tape and keep for 30 days all practices.  Even the voluntary ones. You’d think Coach Harbaugh would be smarter and not make another mistake and cost him and his owner money.

i really like him as a coach and Ozzy as a GM.  Tey are better than these bonehead mistakes.