Pats Pulpit: Brady is back with the Pats, but things aren’t the same

I know we always laugh at these preseason stories about Brady slowing down or the Pats imploding, but this is from the NE side:

That doesn’t seem to be his mindset anymore. Now, it seems like he’s thinking: If they don’t appreciate me, then I’m not going out of my way to be there for them. I’ll show up for the mandatory practices, but that’s it. I’m not saying that’s for sure what he’s thinking. I’m just saying it seems like something is off. Brady doesn’t seem to be the same guy that we’ve grown to love over the last almost two decades – the guy that would be the first one to show up to practice, and the last one to leave.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/6/6/17433074/new-england-patriots-tom-brady-minicamp-practice-nfl-offseason-drama

Also heard on radio that Belichick was yelling at Brady in an OTA practice.... 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

This is a big bucket of “who cares?”  Until Brady becomes a mere mortal on the field during games what does it matter?  

...and he's been "on the outs " and on life support for how many years now?......and the best we can do is have to wait for his retirement before being competitive in the AFCE?.....hell, what if he decides to play until age 66 so he can get his FULL Social Security benefit to live on?.....better send me text updates in "Hell's Kitchen" because I'll be LONG gone....

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

This is a big bucket of “who cares?”  Until Brady becomes a mere mortal on the field during games what does it matter?  

As much as I might enjoy tabloid stories of dissent among the patriots* way.

I think Brady will step right up and be his typical self regardless

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

It’s like foreplay, we have suffered for so long let’s enjoy each moment of the Patriots collapse. The trading of Jimmy G. was the beginning of the end.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

...agree 503% bud......despite all of his nuances, idiosyncrasies, fine whines/whimpers, as well as outlandish costumes/hairdoos, guy wants to go out as GOAT......don't see him playing past a decline or going to another team to prolong his carrer in embarrassment (ie. Emmitt to Zona; Montana to KC; Thurmal to Fins)....stay tuned........

11 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

It’s like foreplay, we have suffered for so long let’s enjoy each moment of the Patriots collapse. The trading of Jimmy G. was the beginning of the end.

your analogy is an interesting take.

But the media can spin it any ole way.  Tom ain't there at OTAs and made sure everyone knew it via social networking.
Is he making a point ?

No matter. I just want to Bills to kick their monkey butts this year. It can be done. I have seen it. and it's awesome

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

It's cool to think about the the Pats dynasty finally starting to crumble. But right now all this talk is meaningless to me until it has an actual negative impact on the field. 

Until then, I'll just continue to assume that they'll be the usual juggernaut that they are. 

I do think this time possibly seems different too. But it's not the first time we've read about the start of the Patriots downfall. So I won't hold my breath. 

My real hope is that the Bills become such a good team we no longer worry about what the Pats are doing... lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and he's been "on the outs " and on life support for how many years now?......and the best we can do is have to wait for his retirement before being competitive in the AFCE?.....hell, what if he decides to play until age 66 so he can get his FULL Social Security benefit to live on?.....better send me text updates in "Hell's Kitchen" because I'll be LONG gone....

66 or 666?

• Haha (+1) 2

jealousy pervades....Hatetriots vs Cheatriots is far more accurate.....14 AFCE titles and 5 Lombardis all because of cheating?.....get some new material....they effed up enough to get caught.....if Bflo drafted Brady in the 6th and his accolades were achieved in Buffalo Blue, think these discussions would exist?....a "yes" answer earns a hypocrite brand on your twin cheeks.....begrudgingly, the guy is good....dammit.......