Incognito ok at home, thanks Buffalo

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

if it is a medication issue I hope he stays on his meds and can have a happy life after football.   Until this episode he was a good on and off the field for the Bills 

Minus the possible racial slur against Jacksonville and quitting on the Bills on twitter, then crying about it, and then forcing them to release him.

If a guy like Dareus (pre Rex Ryan) did half of the stuff RI did, he’d be called a thug.  RI just “needs some help.”  BS double standards by some of you.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Tomorrow he will be writing something to the AP talking about how much he hates everyone with the Bills...

One flies over the cuckoo's nest...

But I’d love to buy him some shots and do some rails with him!

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Minus the possible racial slur against Jacksonville and quitting on the Bills on twitter, then crying about it, and then forcing them to release him.

If a guy like Dareus (pre Rex Ryan) did half of the stuff RI did, he’d be called a thug.  RI just “needs some help.”  BS double standards by some of you.

But I’d love to buy him some shots and do some rails with him!

could you imagine?  it would be an amazing story, but you better be ready to run for your life at any second.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Strangely, they act like chimpanzees.  They are peaceful chimps, however, and rarely harm or threaten others with the exception of the occasional poop flinging.

Okay, so let’s give RI the benefit of the doubt and say that the gym incident was consequent to him experiencing an acute psychotic episode.  Fine.  But how do you explain the rest of his schittbag behaviors over the course of his life?  Prolonged or obtuse psychosis?  The guy’s a d**k.  Face it.

I don't know.  I do know that peak incidence of mood disorders is in your early adolescence to early adulthood.  I don't know when Richie was diagnosed, what medications he was stabilized on, or even if he was stabilized at all.  I don't even know what he was diagnosed with.  

He may just be a dick.  It's probable that he is.  But I don't know.

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’ve never seen a player get such a pass from fans. I wonder why. ?

I’m sure the same people would be defending RI and “issues” if he kneeled in support of his teammates.  

How much do you regret that Colin Kaepernick tattoo?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

could you imagine?  it would be an amazing story, but you better be ready to run for your life at any second.

Haha.  It’s also funny that people buy drinks for “famous” people. I also don’t get buying a drink for a girl you just met.  Bunch of thirsty suckers.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

I don't know.  I do know that peak incidence of mood disorders is in your early adolescence to early adulthood.  I don't know when Richie was diagnosed, what medications he was stabilized on, or even if he was stabilized at all.  I don't even know what he was diagnosed with.  

I got it after he almost won the SB.

i just find hypocrites pathetic.  RI has done a bunch of terrible things through his life and some of you have a pity party for him.  A dude kneels and has never been in trouble off the field is too far though!

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha.  It’s also funny that people buy drinks for “famous” people. I also don’t get buying a drink for a girl you just met.  Bunch of thirsty suckers.

I got it after he almost won the SB.

i just find hypocrites pathetic.  RI has done a bunch of terrible things through his life and some of you have a pity party for him.  A dude kneels and has never been in trouble off the field is too far though!

Some people take disrespecting the police as a whole very seriously.  If you can't do the time...

40 minutes ago, transient said:

Better a crowded bar than a dark alley, I suppose, though regardless of the cause of his latest episode he might do well to leave the bar scene behind. 

That was my thought, actually.  In published interviews, I believe Ritchie has acknowledged receiving medical treatment for mental health issues.

Many if not all of those drugs have doses that are a PITA to adjust and their effectiveness is impacted by alcohol.

You'd enjoy reading Richard Feynman on that topic

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Some people take disrespecting the police as a whole very seriously.  If you can't do the time...

Oh, is this because of socks he wore?  I agree they were dumb but it’s not like he’s been kicked off multiple colleges; voted dirtiest player in the nfl multiple times, quit on a team that gave him like his 5th chance; sexually harassed women at a golf tourney; and went after a guy who made the mistake of working out with him.  RI just needs some “help.”

NFL/ nfl fans: we’re cool with domestic violence, drunk driving, drug/ PED abuse, and out of control psychos.  But there is no place in this league for kneeling!!!  

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Are you sure they're the same people? 

At least in theory,, some folks could be having a pity party for RI AND think that Kaep should be playing and players should have the right to kneel.

I suppose I may be dense, but I'm not sure I see the connection, myself.  I mean, a lot of people can roll one way on broader philosophical issues but on an individual basis feel much more forbearing?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Oh, is this because of socks he wore?  I agree they were dumb but it’s not like he’s been kicked off multiple colleges; voted dirtiest player in the nfl multiple times, quit on a team that gave him like his 5th chance; sexually harassed women at a golf tourney; and went after a guy who made the mistake of working out with him.  RI just needs some “help.”

NFL/ nfl fans: we’re cool with domestic violence, drunk driving, drug/ PED abuse, and out of control psychos.  But there is no place in this league for kneeling!!!  

I don't rank human beings based on the good, and bad, that they've done.  

Nice to see you're preparing arguments for God though.  

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

At least in theory,, some folks could be having a pity party for RI AND think that Kaep should be playing and players should have the right to kneel.

I suppose I may be dense, but I'm not sure I see the connection, myself.

CB hates to see anybody but Kaep garner any sympathy on this board.  Johnny Football, Richie Incognito, the puppy from "A Dog's Purpose," they all must PAY for gaining sympathy when Colin Kaepernick still is unemployed!

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I had a close friend who was diagnosed bi-polar during college.   You're right on there.  And the fact that star athletes DO get a "pass" often from teachers/coaches/teammates probably didn't help with getting him help

OTOH....it IS entirely possible as Hammersticks says, that he's fundamentally an a**hole AND he's mentally ill

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I suppose I may be dense, but I'm not sure I see the connection, myself.  I mean, a lot of people can roll one way on broader philosophical issues but on an individual basis feel much more forbearing?

That’s fair.  Personally, I see a real clear divide on the people who support RI and those who don’t like Kaepernick.  I feel like if RI had beliefs more like Josh Rosen some of these people would let be so quick to defend him.

i try to be consistent on this. I played with/ am friends with guys like RI, Kaepernick, and Rosen.  It’s what I love about sports.  It’s why I hate there is someone who is prying on weak minded people trying to divide us further.  If this was RI’s first issue, like Zay Jones, I’d be completely sympathetic.  But this is basically a life long pattern.  At some point, you are what you are.  

I am wrong on many  things but I try to be consistent.  It’s like when a kid shoots up a school and instead of saying he’s a terrorist, he’s just troubled.  It seems like certain people get the benefit of the doubt more than others.  If you’re a scumbag, you’re a scumbag in my book. 

I’m not cool with Joe Mixon knocking out a woman. I’m also not cool with continually having politics injected into the broadcast and media coverage of the NFL. 

You forgot a large group of decent people who just want to enjoy the game the same way we have since we were children. 

Edited by Commonsense
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I had a close friend who was diagnosed bi-polar during college.   You're right on there.  And the fact that star athletes DO get a "pass" often from teachers/coaches/teammates probably didn't help with getting him help

OTOH....it IS entirely possible as Hammersticks says, that he's fundamentally an a**hole AND he's mentally ill

This is well stated.  It’s the best/ worst thing about being a star athlete.  You are given the world but you’re pampered and babied.  It’s like a hot chick who thinks she is super smart when she is really dumb but no one tells her because she’s hot.

by all accounts, it sounds like the Bills were giving a lot of help to RI and he mocked one of the guys helping him on twitter.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

I’m not cool with Joe Mixon knocking out a woman. I’m also not cool with continually having politics injected into the broadcast and media coverage of the NFL. 

You forgot a large group of decent people who just want to enjoy the game the same way we have since we were children. 

Agree 100% on Mixon.  It’s embarrassing to the league that he is in the nfl.

but you honestly don’t see the problem with guys like Kaep/ Reid essentially being blackballed from the league that employs Mixon?  What is the message you are sending to young fans?  You can hit a women but don’t speak out on things you think are wrong!

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is well stated.  It’s the best/ worst thing about being a star athlete.  You are given the world but you’re pampered and babied.  It’s like a hot chick who thinks she is super smart when she is really dumb but no one tells her because she’s hot.

by all accounts, it sounds like the Bills were giving a lot of help to RI and he mocked one of the guys helping him on twitter.

but you honestly don’t see the problem with guys like Kaep/ Reid essentially being blackballed from the league that employs Mixon?  What is the message you are sending to young fans?  You can hit a women but don’t speak out on things you think are wrong!

I’m not sure what the right and wrong answers are but I’m fine with the league trying to keep the focus on the game and encouraging and assisting players (95 million?) to further their causes off of the field. 

Reid/Kap and their agents all knew  the potential consequences of their actions, so it doesn’t ruffle my feathers. The league also black balled Ray Rice for his actions. I don’t think they have a perfect system in place but it has improved.

I’m sure the NFLPA and NCAA wants players like Mixon to have an opportunity and maybe that’s the gray area or loophole. 

For what it's worth, I believe, and it seems quite evident, Richie wrote that note to The AP on the fly. There was nothing really planned about it.

It came as a bit of a surprise after we had exchanged a few texts, including concerns Eric Wood had raised to me.

It appears that is what prompted Richie's comments regarding Eric.

jw

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

but you honestly don’t see the problem with guys like Kaep/ Reid essentially being blackballed from the league that employs Mixon?  What is the message you are sending to young fans?  You can hit a women but don’t wear pig socks and suck at football.

Got u.

I promise CB, there are exactly zero fans who watch Joe Mixon on Sundays and say, "Wow, that kid can run the football real good, maybe I should punch my girlfriend later."

What silliness.

Edited by BringBackOrton