Incognito ok at home, thanks Buffalo

16 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Always liked him.. glad he is doing well.. had he not been involved with J Martin , quite sure he would be getting more positive pub. Normally in this day and age ,people who have  mental health issues are normally given the benefit of the doubt., but in this case , he is the perfect target to "kick when he is down" 

Conversely, I feel like mental illness (or in this case suspected mental illness) has become an acceptable excuse for being an a-hole.  And Ritchie has a looooong track record of being an a-hole.  I hope he gets whatever he needs to stop acting like a maniac, but he doesn’t get a free pass from me.  Screw Ritchie and everybody that looks like Ritchie.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Probably just the crazy speaking...

It was a harmless tongue in cheek comment about playing again in the NFL.

Everyone take sixteen deep breaths.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Conversely, I feel like mental illness (or in this case suspected mental illness) has become an acceptable excuse for being an a-hole.  And Ritchie has a looooong track record of being an a-hole.  I hope he gets whatever he needs to stop acting like a maniac, but he doesn’t get a free pass from me.  Screw Ritchie and everybody that looks like Ritchie.

Richie was reported to have acted EXTREMELY psychotic based on his Baker Act documentation.  

I think we are well-past "suspected."

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

How does one differentiate it? i may think you have mental health issues.. but i should just  think you may be an a-hole? 

Edited by dwight in philly
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This board never ever "disappoints".  The guy writes a great letter praising Bill's fans and what do half the respondents do, dump ion the guy. 

The guy is going to be 35 in a month, he has every right to retire. He has made enough money, you think it would be healthy for him to keep playing, with his mental stability in serious question add on another year of CTE potential damage.

Thanks for playing well in Buffalo Richie, good luck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Ooooh. Tough guy. Want to put a helmet on and meet Richie at the line of scrimmage? 

I didn't like Richie Incognito the man before he came here the 1st time... or before the Jonathan Martin incident, or after it, or when he signed here the 2nd time and I don't like Richie the man now. 

But, I know he has had and may still be suffering from mental health issues and for that he has my sympathies and I hope he is alright. The messages give me some hope he is on the right path. I also appreciate that he played his ass for the Bills the last 3 years, never gave less than 100% and (the game when Fletcher Cox abused him in Philly aside) played probably the best football of his career here. Whether another team is willing to look past some of his issues and focus on the football remains to be seen. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This board never ever "disappoints".  The guy writes a great letter praising Bill's fans and what do half the respondents do, dump ion the guy. 

The guy is going to be 35 in a month, he has every right to retire. He has made enough money, you think it would be healthy for him to keep playing, with his mental stability in serious question add on another year of CTE potential damage.

Thanks for playing well in Buffalo Richie, good luck.

Well said. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

You never know what other people are going through in life. I hope he is ok and I hope he hangs around in Buffalo, it would be cool to see Cog's in a bar. 

So true but this still doesn't make what he did acceptable and he is going to have to live with his actions.

Help is there, he had the opportunity to take it, and instead mocked the idea (and one person offering help) publically on Twitter.  So, I see both sides.  I can give him a bit of a pass based on mental illness, but can still fault him for rejecting the help so many offered.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I didn't like Richie Incognito the man before he came here the 1st time... or before the Jonathan Martin incident, or after it, or when he signed here the 2nd time and I don't like Richie the man now. 

But, I know he has had and may still be suffering from mental health issues and for that he has my sympathies and I hope he is alright. The messages give me some hope he is on the right path. I also appreciate that he played his ass for the Bills the last 3 years, never gave less than 100% and (the game when Fletcher Cox abused him in Philly aside) played probably the best football of his career here. Whether another team is willing to look past some of his issues and focus on the football remains to be seen. 

Agree 100% - He played hard and well here - I do not like him, but I can wish him the best in terms of recovery.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

Help is there, he had the opportunity to take it, and instead mocked the idea (and one person offering help) publically on Twitter.  So, I see both sides.  I can give him a bit of a pass based on mental illness, but can still fault him for rejecting the help so many offered.

Unfortunately one of the hallmarks of substance abuse and of certain mental illnesses, is the perception that one does not need help, or that people offering help actually have other, darker motivations.    It's one of the things that makes trying to help a relative or friend with these issues so very very frustrating and soul-crushing for those trying to help.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

“The biggest turn around in sports!?!?!?!!”

Didnt the Bills go from 7-9 to 9-7?  LOL

Two things...

1) Yes, you are correct.

2) When you put it like that, it's so damn unbelievable we missed the playoffs for 17 years.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

I see you are very creative as well as tough. 

And you are one common robot. 

at least you stopped using the term, "frencheyes".  you thought it was funny.  it wasn't.