The supplemental draft, is there anyone in there for us?

Now that I think about it, could there be anyone worthwhile in the CFL as well. I can’t believe that out of a whole league that there can’t be a prospect or two out of there. WR and OL is what I’m hoping the Bills will scour for.

10 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Now that I think about it, could there be anyone worthwhile in the CFL as well. I can’t believe that out of a whole league that there can’t be a prospect or two out of there. WR and OL is what I’m hoping the Bills will scour for.

The CFL is cracking down on players under contract from moving to the NFL.

Here is an article about it.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/cfl-players-under-contract-nfl-opportunities-1.4515863

21 minutes ago, MJS said:

Can someone remind me why the supplemental draft exists?

The Supplemental draft is designed to give underclassmen -- who did not petition the NFL for early entry before the draft deadline but find themselves ineligible for the upcoming college season -- a way to enter the league. The supplemental draft is held after the traditional NFL draft and before each season begins.

https://www.thoughtco.com/supplemental-draft-process-1335579

21 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The Supplemental draft is designed to give underclassmen -- who did not petition the NFL for early entry before the draft deadline but find themselves ineligible for the upcoming college season -- a way to enter the league. The supplemental draft is held after the traditional NFL draft and before each season begins.

https://www.thoughtco.com/supplemental-draft-process-1335579

What makes them ineligible for the upcoming college season if they are underclassmen?

So essentially the supplemental draft is for underclassmen that aren't keeping up with their studies or who are not welcome back at their college for rule breaches....

Sounds like the high character, lunch pail guys that McBeane craves..

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So essentially the supplemental draft is for underclassmen that aren't keeping up with their studies or who are not welcome back at their college for rule breaches....

Sounds like the high character, lunch pail guys that McBeane craves..

Yes. which is why since 2013 there has only been 1 player selected.

WR would be a fantastic need to fill but I only have heard about that CB that's available. I wouldn't mind using a high non-1st round pick on a CB if that player would have been a 1st round prospect had he declared or been able to declare. Corner isn't a huge need but outside of White I am not too enthused about what this team has. Vonta is a good reclamation project but coming off some injuries and only on a one year deal. There really isn't a proven nickel corner on the team either. 

9 hours ago, MJS said:

Can someone remind me why the supplemental draft exists?

When after the regular springtime draft circumstances lead to one or more college players being ruled ineligible to continue to play college ball, (whether due to academics, disciplinary issues or whatever) the league typically holds a supplemental draft to provide a controlled means of incorporating those players into the league rather than letting them become free agents or forcing them to sit until the following year's draft.

Brandon Bryant certainly has the athleticism to catch your attention.  He had a DUI arrest in January and had academic problems this spring.  That's why he applied for the supplemental draft.  Those are minor red flag issues, but not necessarily deal breakers.  The real attention getter is the fact that in timed runs he has consistently been under 4.3 in the 40 yard dash.  He's very strong and is listed anywhere for 205 to 215 lbs.  It would be interesting to know if he has the skill set to play CB too (can backpedal, flip his hips, and track the ball while staying with a receiver).

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

When after the regular springtime draft circumstances lead to one or more college players being ruled ineligible to continue to play college ball, (whether due to academics, disciplinary issues or whatever) the league typically holds a supplemental draft to provide a controlled means of incorporating those players into the league rather than letting them become free agents or forcing them to sit until the following year's draft.

Yes.. I think others in the thread explained the same thing earlier...

12 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

WR - Davaris Daniels (son of Phillip Daniels) was a great prospect at Notre Dame during their title game season as a freshman. Then had academic issues and got booted. Great hands and body control. Good size. He's with someone in Canada last I knew.

ND Highlights - 

Edited by iccrewman112