Streater Ready to Make the Most of Second Chance with Bills

After a lost 2017, Streater ready to make the most of second chance with Bills

During last season’s training camp, Buffalo Bills wide receiver Rod Streater was turning heads on a daily basis.  Every day he seemed make a hard catch look routine and was clearly standing out amongst the position group battling for reps.

An afterthought by many when he was signed as a free agent the previous March, Streater not only worked his way into the conversation of securing a roster spot, but even became a wideout many believed would bring a sorely needed element of speed to the field.
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We released Streater in September.  Between then and January of this year, no other team signed him.

The NFL, it seems, doesn't think highly of Rod Streater, despite that 'good' year in 2013.

I hope they're all wrong.

Edited by hondo in seattle

9 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Sounds just like Miller and Lawson. Meaning,nothing. Walk the walk...don't talk the talk. 

I don't understand this sentiment. It's not just you, I see similar replies to a lot of threads about players rebounding, having a big year, or developing. 

My point is, what are they supposed to do? Tell media members that can't do interviews? At this point it's all talk. It's not like he's skipping practice and telling everyone how good he's going to be. He's there, walking the walk, as far as he can at this point. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Sounds just like Miller and Lawson. Meaning,nothing. Walk the walk...don't talk the talk. 

LOL, you realize these guys are being asked these things, right? It's not like they're running around going, "Hey everyone listen to how good of a season I plan on having!"

43 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

I don't understand this sentiment. It's not just you, I see similar replies to a lot of threads about players rebounding, having a big year, or developing. 

My point is, what are they supposed to do? Tell media members that can't do interviews? At this point it's all talk. It's not like he's skipping practice and telling everyone how good he's going to be. He's there, walking the walk, as far as he can at this point. 

See? ^^This person gets it.

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

We released Streater in September.  Between then and January of this year, no other team signed him.

The NFL, it seems, doesn't think highly of Rod Streater, despite that 'good' year in 2013.

I hope they're all wrong.

Wasn't he hurt for most of that time?  He has no practice squad eligibilty, and no ones going to give a camp tryout contract to a player mid-season.  We brought him back because we saw a bit of what he could do, and he probably liked it here.

12 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I really didn't interpret these things as "talking the talk". Maybe with Lawson it's a bit of that, but more of setting lofty goals IMO, and I like that. But Streater didn't come out and crown himself or anything.  He was interviewed, and said all the right things. And he looked pretty good last year before the injury. If he can replicate or improve upon that and translate that into the regular season, it would be a big boost for our WR group and offense. 

There is reason to hope for Streater because the evidence in training camp last year was that his athletic ability was still there. He's still only 30.

For all of the handwringing about our WRs, the big questions for me are really at the top: Can Benjamin stay healthy and can Zay Jones take the leap? After that, we have so many guys like Deonte Thompson last year that have the potential to come in and help. Kerley, Holmes, Streater, Reilly, the draft picks, Robert Foster, etc. and we only need a couple of them to do anything.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Flip Johnson said:

There is reason to hope for Streater because the evidence in training camp last year was that his athletic ability was still there. He's still only 30.

For all of the handwringing about our WRs, the big questions for me are really at the top: Can Benjamin stay healthy and can Zay Jones take the leap? After that, we have so many guys like Deonte Thompson last year that have the potential to come in and help. Kerley, Holmes, Streater, Reilly, the draft picks, Robert Foster, etc. and we only need a couple of them to do anything.

..agree bud......the "doom 'n gloom" prognosis is pathetically laughable.....first, we had injuries in 2017 (most clubs do)......BUT...at the same time I still think the WR corp was mostly INACTIVE on Sundays because we did not have a QB confident enough or with the ability to find/hit WR's downfield.....we were in tepid TE mode......on paper, we now have a formidable QB staff that hopefully can work the ball down field and hit the guys/make them earn their keep......bet they'd prefer the pigskin versus an orange from the stands....this Foster kid may be a dark horse.....BTW, I still think Reilly kid was never activated so as to preserve an earned season credit which I think (not sure) extends his RFA status.....

19 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

HGH?

HGH is not something which helps with this type of injury.

This is something which requires right repetitions and conditioning so when you are in summer camps you do not get injured.

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..agree bud......the "doom 'n gloom" prognosis is pathetically laughable.....first, we had injuries in 2017 (most clubs do)......BUT...at the same time I still think the WR corp was mostly INACTIVE on Sundays because we did not have a QB confident enough or with the ability to find/hit WR's downfield.....we were in tepid TE mode......on paper, we now have a formidable QB staff that hopefully can work the ball down field and hit the guys/make them earn their keep......bet they'd prefer the pigskin versus an orange from the stands....this Foster kid may be a dark horse.....BTW, I still think Reilly kid was never activated so as to preserve an earned season credit which I think (not sure) extends his RFA status.....

The QB was able to do so in previous years.  Most of the issues were due to changes in offense - blocking scheme, new OC, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

HGH is not something which helps with this type of injury.

This is something which requires right repetitions and conditioning so when you are in summer camps you do not get injured.

The QB was able to do so in previous years.  Most of the issues were due to changes in offense - blocking scheme, new OC, etc.

...could very well be which I wish the lad the best in Cleveland with a new slate and new environment.....how the hell do you root AGAINST a guy chasing his NFL dream?.....