Favorite songs from the 80s

I just skimmed through. Apparently I spent the 80’s appreciating the 60’ and 70’s. I think 1969 was the single greatest year in the history of music. 

Driving around listening to Sirius one day with my music freak buddy he asked “so, is this channel called ‘The all the music I listened to in high school” channel?”  That have a catchier name, but yes....

18 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

If it's 'Hall and Oates', why are there three of them?...?

6 hours ago, bbb said:

You Better, You Bet - The Who

Authority Song - Mellencamp

Slit Skirts - Pete Townshend

Under Pressure - Queen/Bowie

Brilliant Disguise - Springsteen

These are all better songs than songs by groups that only were popular in the 80s. 

Substitute 'Eminence Front' for that first ditty and I might agree.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Augie said:

I just skimmed through. Apparently I spent the 80’s appreciating the 60’ and 70’s. I think 1969 was the single greatest year in the history of music. 

Driving around listening to Sirius one day with my music freak buddy he asked “so, is this channel called ‘The all the music I listened to in high school” channel?”  That have a catchier name, but yes....

I was born in 1962 so I didn't really experience 1969 music (my parents were from the WWII generation) - but I think 1969 music is way better than any year of the 80s. 

15 hours ago, bbb said:

I was born in 1962 so I didn't really experience 1969 music (my parents were from the WWII generation) - but I think 1969 music is way better than any year of the 80s. 

I was born a few years later. I like the music from the eighties because it is the music of my youth. I liked Men at Work, Eurythmics, Spandau Ballet, the Fixx, the Police, among others. Topic is eighties music you liked, not whether the sixties had better music. It probably does, but I don't have the same affection for it for the most part.

16 hours ago, bbb said:

The late 60s is easily my favourite era.

But this is about the 80s.

Won’t be much of a thread to post cuts from the White Album or Disraeli Gears.