Wouldn’t be surprised to see Bills pick up Tank Carder

9 minutes ago, Dalton said:

If the defenses were bad it would seem he would have a better chance to standout.

That is really not how it works

The secondary for the browns didnt look good when Poyer played for the browns either

We are talking about a DEPTH/ST player.....I dont think kuch is available

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is that what the Pats say every time they acquire someone from the Bills?

These exact things were being said about Poyer

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is that what the Pats say every time they acquire someone from the Bills?

Well, not only was Tank cut by The Browns, but he also cut from The Bills. 

Winner!

(I was actually rooting for him, after we drafted him.)

7 hours ago, Maybe Someday said:

Pretty sure we used one of the picks we got in the Marshawn trade on him and then cut him coming out of camp. 

I'm still told that was a good trade.    Bills had no choice.   He was threatening to do something that would have undermined the burgeoning Gailey/Nix dynasty.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm still told that was a good trade.    Bills had no choice.   He was threatening to do something that would have undermined the burgeoning Gailey/Nix dynasty.

Some players just wont play for you.

Are we forgetting that Lynch was showing up unmotivated and out of shape?

I would say that over time they did improve the position (Shady?)

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Wasn't Chris Hairston the other player? If so I beg to differ.

Yeah. I guess I’d beg to differ too lol.  I thought Hairston had been out of the league but apparently he’s been on the Chargers. Now a free agent.  We’ll see who sticks around longer. 

28 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Some players just wont play for you.

Are we forgetting that Lynch was showing up unmotivated and out of shape?

I would say that over time they did improve the position (Shady?)

In a way I am sure that trade got the Bills to the playoffs last year.

To paraphrase Augustus from this very forum........"Rome was not built in one day".

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

Doh!

He wasn't cut from the team though, right?  I thought he left as a free agent.

He did leave. They didn’t offer him a contract. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

cut from the team?  With that eye candy he totes around?  There would have been a revolt!

Except that Lebron was all up in her DMs. 

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

The Browns have stockpiled a lot of talent over the past 2 years.  If their coach is up to the task, they could be 8-8 1-15 or better this year.

FIFY.  URW.

50 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I loved it when we picked him.  He was MVP of the Rose Bowl win over Wisconsin.  I was tired of him making all the tackles.  

yep. knew he was a developing  player but recall reading of his family and his drive. Why they actually named him Tank !

be glad to have him

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We cant be all pro at every position

We are gonna have to fill out the roster with guys like this that can play in a emergency, have value on special teams, and not completely suck while playing next to other starters.

The bills are shedding salary......it seems like a logical move.

It's cost-benefit analysis, Tank probably wouldn't cost anything more than the vet minimum and the Bills are uber thin at Linebacker and don't have a dominant special teams unit. Tank could be an upgrade over what the team has and at worst would be a nice veteran to have in camp. I don't think this would be a bad move at all. 

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

The Browns have stockpiled a lot of talent over the past 2 years.  If their coach is up to the task, they could be 8-8 or better this year.

The Browns are a lot more talented than they have been with some big trades and free agents to go with a lot of high draft choices they brought in. I still think they are a year away but 5-6 wins is a pretty reasonable expectation for them. 

• Like (+1) 1

Man I remember getting into an argument on the old BBMB about this guy. Basically People were saying it was a great thing that we cut out 5th round pick before ever playing a regular season game because it meant we had “great depth” at the position. That logic didn’t make sense to me then and it doesn’t make sense to me now. Nix claimed he was going to build through the draft and we were cutting players we drafted within months of acquiring them.