Shots Fired! Tim Graham calls out Vic Carruci for Posing with The Biscuit

7 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I must back you up on this one. No one “fishes” for things on twitter. Using that term makes me think they don’t know how twitter works. It just shows up in your timeline. I saw the same thing since I follow Graham.

Being on twitter is essentially fishing.    I know this is lost on some people but twitter is really not part of "your timeline".    Twits are like women who go to get their nails done to hear the other ladies gossip then claim they "couldn't help but overhear".

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Not a bad guess.  But unless I'm missing something, we all HAVE to guess because whatever VC said to TG was likely said in a private manner.

Actually doesn't sound private at all.     A text would have covered that.   Perhaps complaints were made within the office or to management?      

The woman was arrested a year later and charged with being part of a well-established drug distribution ring.  She had multiple felony counts, and at the time had alleged that Bennett left her traumatized and unable to work.  I don't think it is fair to assume any more about Bennett's plea than what it was - a misdemeanor.  Seems like this is a story where there are definitely two sides, and it is certainly possible Bennett took the plea to get on with his life with minimal impact.  Of course, the opposite could be true too, but this woman was not a pillar of the community, it appears.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bennetts-accuser-arrested/

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Being on twitter is essentially fishing.    I know this is lost on some people but twitter is really not part of "your timeline".    Twits are like women who go to get their nails done to hear the other ladies gossip then claim they "couldn't help but overhear".

So... you’re saying when I go get a pedi I can now tell people that I’m going fishing? Cuz no one would judge me for that. SWEET!

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Didn't he correct himself? 

You could call it that, sure. Does that matter to Vic Carucci? To the other people in that picture now associated with the first tweet? To the entire Jim Kelley event? 

Timmah needs to stick to features only, where he can better use his overly emotional appeals and where he has more time to actually research FACTS before spouting off and smearing people.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

No, he's a douche because he falsely accused someone of being convicted for a crime he didn't commit on a public platform and chose the Jim Kelley event to do it. 

Oh and NOW he didn't commit the crime?   Didn't realize he was tried and found innocent.    Thought he plead to a lesser charge and served jail time.  

Maybe you and Tim should choose your words more carefully.  

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh and NOW he didn't commit the crime?   Didn't realize he was tried and found innocent.    Thought he plead to a lesser charge and served jail time.  

Maybe you and Tim should choose your words more carefully.  

He stated Bennett was convicted of RAPE; that crime. Nobody here suggested Bennett didn’t commit a crime and plead guilty to a misdemeanor.  But in your typical intellectually dishonest fashion, you must move the goal posts and twist other people’s words to make a futile point.

You are the LAST person to suggest anyone here should choose their words carefully. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes you are defending Bennett........the sentence before was LITERALLY an excuse.    LITERALLY.    I think No Saint was trying to get you to clarify that you weren't defending him but then you doubled down in response to me.

Whatever you say, Badol.  For anyone else, no, it's not defending Bennett.  If someone does something illegal or unethical (and what Bennett did was reportedly both), whether or not they were in a mental state to "figure" does not change whether what they did was illegal or unethical.

It's not defending them, or what they did, to point out that YOUR take on the matter " figured he could just rape said person without consequence because of her less-than-stellar criminal record so he did........because he was a scumbag"  could well be your creation and have nothing to do with the actual decision making process (or lack thereof).  Because unless you were there or have some inner insight into Bennett's thought processes at the time, how can you know?   It sounds like you're MSU.   But now, through some magical transmogrification, critiquing BadOl's creative writing becomes defending Bennett.

I really don't think the logic there this is too hard to follow, but by all means, My Post is Your Soap - carve it to suit yourself.

20 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Actually doesn't sound private at all.     A text would have covered that.   Perhaps complaints were made within the office or to management?      

Just speculating here, but Graham is friends with JS and BG, and given recent events there perhaps some bad blood exists there over that. Always remember that Vic did a stint at nfl.com too, and that's a place with some corporate shill-ish/propaganda-ish tendencies. Regardless, I don't dislike Carucci as a reporter and think Graham was definitely out of line. But there's a decent chance that recent workplace layoff misery has generated some backbiting and taking of names. Note also that unlike Graham, Carucci had no positive tweets about his two longtime colleagues who were forced to resign. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

The woman was arrested a year later and charged with being part of a well-established drug distribution ring.  She had multiple felony counts, and at the time had alleged that Bennett left her traumatized and unable to work.  I don't think it is fair to assume any more about Bennett's plea than what it was - a misdemeanor.  Seems like this is a story where there are definitely two sides, and it is certainly possible Bennett took the plea to get on with his life with minimal impact.  Of course, the opposite could be true too, but this woman was not a pillar of the community, it appears.

The women’s arrest has no bearing on being a victim of sexual abuse. None. Criminals can be victims of sexual assault just as much as a saint.

Edited by K-9

18 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Yeah because a high profile athlete or celebrity slapping around a hooker would be unheard of. Common man.

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What I don't "get" is why you appear to be defending Graham's behavior of using Jim Kelly's charity event and a sensationalized or inflated crime above what Bennett pled guilty to and served his sentence for, and moved on, to allegedly "settle a score" with a co-worker in public.

Is that behavior OK with you? 

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The women’s arrest has no bearing on being a victim of sexual abuse. None. Criminals can be victims of sexual assault just as much as a saint.

Agreed.  Although in our real world, the credibility of a sexual assault victim is (regrettably) known to influence the outcome of the case.