President cancels Eagles trip to White House

32 minutes ago, leonbus23 said:

Support the Troops!

I must have missed something I thought the anthem was dedicated to the country not just the troops

Torrey Smith has become the first player from the Eagles’ Super Bowl championship team to react publicly to President Trump calling off the team’s visit to the White House. Smith now plays for the Panthers.

“So many lies smh,” Smith tweeted. “Here are some facts: 1. Not many people were going to go. 2. No one refused to go simply because Trump “insists” folks stand for the anthem. 3. The President continues to spread the false narrative that players are anti military.”

The President cited the national anthem as the reason for canceling the visit, with the Eagles expected to send only a small contingent. It is not yet known how many players intended to make the trip.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/04/torrey-smith-refers-to-president-trumps-statement-as-so-many-lies/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

STRONG. He is acting like a BOSS!?

So sick of spoiled petulant brats masquerading as role models for our youth throwing hissy fits just to get attention. Getting invited to the White House is one of the greatest honors for an American. I didn't agree when Tim Thomas pulled this stunt, and I don't approve now. As much as I disagreed with President Obama, if he invited me to the White House I would accept in a heartbeat and thank him and even hug him when I got there. Meeting and shaking hands with the commander in chief is one of the greatest honors an American can receive, no matter your political stripes.

I'm sorry, WHAT? Putting all politics aside here. You want to call these people "spoiled petulant brats" while praising Trump's move here? Trump is KING F'ing Petulant Brat. Any perceived slight will get a reaction out of him. His skin is as thin as they come. Men like HIM are the "role models" creating more big ol overgrown man children.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Refusing the invite is disrespectful to the institution of the Presidency. They can, it is their right. But damn if it does not make them look bad. Very immature, more so than the person they disagree with.

Nah, it really doesn't.

3 minutes ago, JM57 said:

I'm sorry, WHAT? Putting all politics aside here. You want to call these people "spoiled petulant brats" while praising Trump's move here? Trump is KING F'ing Petulant Brat. Any perceived slight will get a reaction out of him. His skin is as thin as they come. Men like HIM are the "role models" creating more big ol overgrown man children.

It is about respect for the institution of the presidency. Liken it to someone handing you a payoff check for your mortgage and you slapping it away because you knew he were a dolphins fan. Totally over the top derangement...

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ifartalot said:

Since the dawning of millionaire athletes it's become clear they and a jaded society have an over bloated view of what they mean to America.

The only thing clear about any of this is that the NFLPA needs new leadership, they are the weakest of any major sport and now it’s evident they lack foresight and are once again going to hurt the players. 

The owners gave them 90 million that would have been the perfect time to squash the childish BS about who is standing, sitting, or kneeling each week and find a different way to further their cause. 

16 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Refusing the invite is disrespectful to the institution of the Presidency. They can, it is their right. But damn if it does not make them look bad. Very immature, more so than the person they disagree with.

Are we reading the same story?  You think it's the Eagles that look bad and are being immature?    How many times has POTUS done this now?   Anyone know if the Pittsburgh Penguins are available to go to the white house again?