Away Games You Plan To Attend

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up..just canceled a 3 bed Airbnb on Chicago Street for Packer Weekend. All in less than $300 a night, bout a mile and a helf from Lambeau. Our group grew so i needed a bigger place. But if someone was looking for a place to stay that weekend, that should be back up on the AIRBNB site. It was no doubt best deal at 4PM on schedule day( or whenever the leak came out).

As a bonus, we have just upgraded to a house about a block from Lambeau!!!!

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, FluffHead said:

I’m going to Minnesota, Houston and Miami. Any suggestions from those familiar with Minnesota and Houston would be welcome as I’ve never been to either. 

I'll check in closer to the date with more info on what to do in Houston.  If the last time the Bills visited is any indication, the local Bills Backers Bar will have festivities all weekend likely centered around Christians Tailgate Midtown on Bagby. 

I would recommend staying near downtown for nightlife and things to do/see as the area around the stadium is a barren wasteland.   The Hyatt and Magnolia have decent rates for game weekend right now.  You can take the metro from downtown to NRG for $1.25 or Uber for $10. 

For nightlife you will want to be in downtown, midtown or Montrose.  Each has their own scene and all are near downtown.  I'll follow up with a comprehensive list later but some must trys for local flavor would be fajitas and queso at El Tiempo and BBQ at Pit Room (get brisket or beef rib).

32 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I'll check in closer to the date with more info on what to do in Houston.  If the last time the Bills visited is any indication, the local Bills Backers Bar will have festivities all weekend likely centered around Christians Tailgate Midtown on Bagby. 

I would recommend staying near downtown for nightlife and things to do/see as the area around the stadium is a barren wasteland.   The Hyatt and Magnolia have decent rates for game weekend right now.  You can take the metro from downtown to NRG for $1.25 or Uber for $10. 

For nightlife you will want to be in downtown, midtown or Montrose.  Each has their own scene and all are near downtown.  I'll follow up with a comprehensive list later but some must trys for local flavor would be fajitas and queso at El Tiempo and BBQ at Pit Room (get brisket or beef rib).

Also, I got a futon with minimal Dorito stains on it. $375 a night. Sam's Choice Cola included.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Awesome. I will be staying in midtown, about a mile from Christian’s. I look forward to your future post. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Minny for me. Was deciding between there and Lambeau, but Minny won. Really want to see a game in US Bank. As an architecture buff, it's a gem.

I’ve been trying to follow along and find a Saturday night bills fan gathering for Minnesota but haven’t found it yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Minny for me. Was deciding between there and Lambeau, but Minny won. Really want to see a game in US Bank. As an architecture buff, it's a gem.

That stadium looks AMAZING! Minneapolis is a great town too. My first trip was to a certain SB that was less than wonderful, but I’ve been back a few times in the summer and it’s great!  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I'll be with The Red Pinto Tailgate Group. ( Kenny ) 

We'll be at the Holiday Inn there on the north side of NRG. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Considering I live 90 minutes from Gillette you'd think I would go to more Bills/Pats games. But I don't.

I had a good time last Christmas eve at the game but understand why you wouldn't go that often. Gets a bit obnoxious.  I've never had a real problem there other than a bit of shoving at times.  Much worse at the Jets games in my opinion.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Considering I live 90 minutes from Gillette you'd think I would go to more Bills/Pats games. But I don't.

You couldn’t pay me to walk into that stadium. I havnt been to a lot of visiting stadiums but I’ve been to Cleveland, Pitt, and Jax and ALL were a better experience than the last home bills game I went to vs the pats. It happened to be just after Brady had come back in 16. Worst game experience I’ve ever had and it was in our own back yard so I can’t even freaking imagine going into their neck of the woods. 

NO. FRIGGIN. WAY.