5 Way-too-Early picks from CBS

9 hours ago, Rigotz said:

I think a lot of Bills fans are going to be disappointed if they dont lower their expectations for this year.

The roster is not that good and we're starting either AJ or a rookie at QB.

Didn't you tell us this last year?

We were a playoff team with a stiff at QB last year. We got better QBs, better defenders, better RBs and a team that truly BILLIEVES.

I expect us to do better this year.

Go BILLS !!!

8 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

We were a playoff team with a stiff at QB last year. We got better QBs, better defenders, better RBs and a team that truly BILLIEVES.

Go BILLS !!!

The most games we could win last year was 4. TOPS! I know that because I read it here. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm a Bills fan through & through, but never been a homer.

What he says is spot on, and to think we somehow will be better after losing our 3 best O-linemen, have no playmakers on offense, and have the most inexperienced QB group in the league & beat Baltimore on the road is a pretty huge leap.

The way this offense played last year was abysmal, and nothing we did in the offseason worked towards improving that. I expect the defense to play much better, but besides that, the offense will regress even further...at least initially.

13 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Go BILLS !!!

Our RB's are still older, playing behind an even worse offensive line... Did everyone forget how bad Vlad, Groy & Co. were last year? Now we added guys worse than them, and hooray, they're all starters! Losing Wood, Incognito & Glenn (who didn't play much last year) didn't somehow improve our porous run blocking or our terrible pass blocking....

Did our receivers improve? Nope...got worse too.

And better QB's? Tyrod was a stiff, yes, but please...tell me how the 1-1 AJ McCarron, 1-1 Nate Peterman, and 0-0 Josh Allen are "better" than anyone in this league? What do you base that off of other than being a Bills fan?

I'll agree that on paper, our defense has gotten better.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I'm a Bills fan through & through, but never been a homer.

What he says is spot on, and to think we somehow will be better after losing our 3 best O-linemen, have no playmakers on offense, and have the most inexperienced QB group in the league & beat Baltimore on the road is a pretty huge leap.

The way this offense played last year was abysmal, and nothing we did in the offseason worked towards improving that. I expect the defense to play much better, but besides that, the offense will regress even further...at least initially.

Our RB's are still older, playing behind an even worse offensive line... Did everyone forget how bad Vlad, Groy & Co. were last year? Now we added guys worse than them, and hooray, they're all starters!

Did our receivers improve? Nope...got worse too.

And better QB's? Tyrod was a stiff, yes, but please...tell me how the 1-1 AJ McCarron, 1-1 Nate Peterman, and 0-0 Josh Allen are "better" than anyone in this league? What do you base that off of other than being a Bills fan?

I'll agree that on paper, our defense has gotten better.

well i'd say the line is the same talent as last year. bodine and groy are pretty talented guys. not gamebreakers but no slouches either.  Benjamin is starting day one instead of late in the year so id say our wr's are better than last year or at least the same.  we got a better backup rb as well.  hopefully a better oc.  qb is the biggest question mark. can't make any certain claim there. 

34 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I base that on reading here ad nauseaum since 2016 that Hotrod stinks and literally anyone would be better. 

One thing we did that I think has a chance of helping our offense is dumping Dennison.  Hopefully the new guy will be better.  That could have a big impact on our offense.  The BIGGEST problem with our offense last year was Dennison IMHO and he's gone.  The 64 million dollar question: Will the new guy be better?

Edited by reddogblitz

Idk.

My shoulders are feeling great after shedding that drought monkey.

A 3-5 win season doesn't upset me this year. Wheels are in motion. I'm not mad at low guessers, we have 3 unproven QBs.

Honestly though, I would guess it's more like 7 wins, but would not complain about a high pick next year if it happens.

I think our record will be worse that last year - 5-11 but that isn't necessarily down to the team being worse if that makes sense?

The start of the schedule is brutal in terms of playing on the road and the teams we're going to be playing. We could easily be 0-6. Even playing well and to the best of our ability might not be enough in those first few games. 

The D will have to be a top 10 unit and running game continue or even pick up from last year for us to match the 9-7 in 2017. 

I’d rather have the number 1 overall pick than be 7-9.  I don’t think we’re going to be that good and it’s good to Dick Jauron type football.  That said, if Allen plays and shows some signs of being a legit nfl qb, it will be a successful year.

On 6/4/2018 at 10:37 AM, H2o said:

Holes in the defense? Yeaaaaahhhhh, not so much. If Edmunds is as advertised we will have a top 10 unit. Shady is still gonna be Shady. Offseason click bait at it's best. 

Edmunds has all the potential in the world.  He is advertised as being raw, and he will likely make some mistakes this next season, before he hopefully grows into the job.

Our D was pretty bad last year, statistically.  I *think* that had more to do with several mid-season blow-outs but of course national journalists aren't going to look too deeply under the hood.

On 6/4/2018 at 12:59 PM, MJS said:

Deja Vu from last off-season. Everyone thinks the Bills will be terrible.

Haha, deja vu from the last 17 seasons, really.

It's funny that these media types always think the Bills will end up with 2, 3 or 4 wins when they haven't had that crappy of a season in 8 years now. They've been stuck in mediocrity for ages and you'd think last season would work as a catalyst to them stringing along some winning seasons and I certainly hope that happens but the offense is definitely a big question mark right now. I probably have more confidence in the defense than a lot of people but I think they'll be fine. 

I think it is reasonable to expect a regression in the record based on a variety of factors. The Bills' Front Office probably expects the same, which is why 2019 draft picks were off the table in any trade-up scenarios.

That said, I don't see us being in contention for the #1 overall pick. The defense should be decent (especially if Edmunds makes an immediate impact), and we still have Shady and the running game. The key is going to be how well the offensive live gels and what sort of production we get from the QB position.