Bills' OTAs Week 3 (June 4-5) and (June 7-8) - Practice Open to the Media on Thursday at 11 AM ET

On June 4, 2018 at 2:53 PM, Ifartalot said:

For a couple dozen media ?

.....maybe those from Rochester, Syracuse and Erie drive here in their own vehicle to cover the Bills and get lots of windshield chips and cracks. 

My experience with Safelite here on the West Coast was not good.  They don't use OE standard glass.  

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Bills' OTAs Week 3 (June 4-5) and (June 7-8) - Practice Open to the Media on Thursday
17 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

That's interesting. OTA pics released on BB.com show one of Wyatt Teller blocking while AJ throws a pass. Looks like LG. Might be just a rotation, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a sincere shot at winning that position in camp. I also pray that Miller beats out Ducasse for RG. Thanks for the news man!

Looks like Miller at RG, Ducasse at LG, which shouldn't surprise anyone, nor is it a bad thing. Ducasse really stepped up his game last year at RG.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:59 AM, SoCal Deek said:

I think it’s interesting that the author says there’s a long way to go before the start of the season. To my way of thinking there’s not much time at all. With just 90 days until the season starts for real, and so many restrictions on practice time, these guys better sense the urgency to kick it into gear. (It’s been six months since the playoff game in Jacksonville. Now there’s just a few weeks before things go live.)

Five months.   1/7/18

With the coaching staff we have now I have no doubt the intensity will be ratcheted up quite a bit once training camp opens.

On 6/5/2018 at 3:52 AM, nucci said:

How will the offense take a big step back? McCoy, Clay, Benjamin and we all think we should be better at QB...barring injuries, how can it be worse than last year? We scored 3 points in the damn playoff game!

New System, New Offensive Line, McCoy and Clay are getting up in age and Benjamin isnt very durable. Very little experience at the QB position. The passing game isn't likely to improve immediately; we are a run first team. It will take half a season to an entire season, and possibly longer if our rookie QB starts and struggles.

Edited by MURPHD6

Bills' offensive coordinator Brian Daboll is bringing Josh Allen along slowly

Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) - The man in charge of developing the Bills prized rookie quarterback is Brain Daboll. The former Alabama offensive coordinator has been working with Josh Allen through the OTAs and has liked what he’s seen. The rookies are learning more than just the playbook according to Daboll, “Been doing this a long time with rookies at all different positions. It’s such a learning experience for all the rookies, whether it’s a quarterback, running back, tight end. Not only are they coming to a new system and having to adapt and learn an offensive system, they have to learn the people in the building, they have to find a place to live, they have so many different things they have to learn.

“I think Josh is a mature guy who’s handled his responsibilities the right way. He comes in everyday, works hard and proves [himself], listens to the veterans, listens to the coaches. If he makes a mistake one day, he works really hard trying to fix it the next day. He has the right attitude.”

This week, the Bills had OTAs on Monday and Tuesday with Wednesday being an off day. The team will be back on the field Thursday and then will get ready for their three-day mandatory mini-camp starting on Tuesday.

On 6/4/2018 at 8:46 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

5 Bills to Temper Expectations for in 2018

Several Buffalo Bills showed promise in the first phase of offseason workouts. A number of Buffalo players were able to make impacts on the field in rookie minicamp and organized team activities, showing that they have the potential to make impacts come the regular season. However, it must be noted that there is still a long way to go until Week 1 of the 2018 season.

It’s important to note that, even with a successful first round of OTAs, realistic expectations need to be set for the upcoming season. Here are five Bills that fans should temper expectations for in 2018.

OC Brian Daboll
QB Josh Allen
QB A.J. McCarron
WR Kelvin Benjamin
DE Trent Murphy

I have high expectations for Benjamin. He’s not a rookie. He’s not new to the team. He needs to act and play like a #1WR. Expecting anything less is a waste. 

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

I have high expectations for Benjamin. He’s not a rookie. He’s not new to the team. He needs to act and play like a #1WR. Expecting anything less is a waste. 

His productivity is reliant on play selection, pass pro, and of course QB play.   In any case, he's not a true #1 WR. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

His productivity is reliant on play selection, pass pro, and of course QB play.   In any case, he's not a true #1 WR. 

Any WR is reliant on QB and all those things you mentioned.

I expect him to be 1. Available to play; 2. A huge red zone threat; 3. Catch everything that is within a 3 foot radius of him. 

I dont expect 1500yds receiving but let’s not treat Benjamin like he’s Zay Jones. KB is a legit NFL WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

I expect him to be 1. Available to play; 2. A huge red zone threat; 3. Catch everything that is within a 3 foot radius of him. 

I dont expect 1500yds receiving but let’s not treat Benjamin like he’s Zay Jones. KB is a legit NFL WR. 

No argument here when he's healthy.  Let's hope he's beyond the knee problems. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Huge value in fantasy this year, I don’t play in a Bills fan league so I hope his value stays steady. ADP is currently 115 and his WR schedule is 8th easiest. If Allen looks good during camp and preseason I’m aiming at rounds 7 and 8, if healthy I expect him to slide up the board quite a bit.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No argument here when he's healthy.  Let's hope he's beyond the knee problems. 

Valid concern. If healthy, Im hoping for around 950yds receiving and 7-9 TD’s. Anything less than that would be a down year 

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

Could not agree more, everyone is saying the Bills need a number one receiver. They don’t, he is it. He’s not a top 10 receiver but most certainly is a top 32 and that qualifies as a number 1. Benjamin is a legit wr in this league. His biggest question mark is his drive and work ethic. He has shown up completely out of shape, so far it looks like he is in great shape. Hoping the light bulb clicked 

17 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Could not agree more, everyone is saying the Bills need a number one receiver. They don’t, he is it. He’s not a top 10 receiver but most certainly is a top 32 and that qualifies as a number 1. Benjamin is a legit wr in this league. His biggest question mark is his drive and work ethic. He has shown up completely out of shape, so far it looks like he is in great shape. Hoping the light bulb clicked 

He should be a 1000 yard guy this year and that’s top 15 or better in the league.  Let’s just hope the knees are good. 

A contract year.  I expect Benjamin to ball out.  Over 10 TDs, over 1000 yards.  Imo all Buffalo is lacking is a complement Wr with speed.  Think Carolina, Buffalo needs that Ginn type of guy.  Someone who has deep speed, that can push safeties and zones back.